Abhishek Bachchan Wiki/ Biography
Abhishek Bachchan is one of Bollywood’s finest and settled actors, he is a very sensible and calm person who often likes to keep away from controversies and does his work with utmost seriousness.
Abhishek Bachchan’s fans are all excited these days. After all, the actor is coming up with his first release of the year. We are talking about Dasvi which has been one of the most anticipated releases of 2022. Helmed by Tushar Jalota, the movie will feature Abhishek in the role of Ganga Ram Chaudhary who decides to give class 10th board exams while being in prison.
The over two-minute trailer featured Abhishek Bachchan in the role of Chief Minister of Haryana Ganga Ram Chaudhary who was imprisoned for the teacher recruitment scam in the state. While his wife Bimla (played by Nimrat) replaces him as the new CM, the trailer gives a glimpse of Chaudhary’s struggle in jail and how police officer Jyoti Deswal (played by Yami Gautam ) gives him a reality check.
|Real Name/Full Name||Abhishek Bachchan|
|Nick Name||Junior Bachchan, Abhi|
|Profession||Actor, Film Producer|
|Debut Film||Refugee (2000)|
|Height||In Centimeter- 188 cm|
In Meter- 1.88 m
In Feet- 6’2 Feet
|Weight||In Kilogram- 76 kg|
In Pound- 162 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 42 Inches|
Waist- 34 Inches
Biceps- 13 Inches
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Date Of Birth||5 February 1976|
|Abhishek Bachchan Age (2021)||45 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Home town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai.|
Bombay Scottish School, Mumbai.
Modern School, Vasant Vihar, Delhi
|College/University||Aiglon College, Switzerland|
Boston University, USA
|Hobbies||Watching Films, Driving, Cooking|
|Affairs/Boyfriend||Karisma Kapoor |
|Wife||Aishwarya Rai (Marriage April 2007)|
|Children||Daughter- Aaradhya Bachchan|
|Parents||Father- Amitabh Bachchan|
Mother- Jaya Bachchan
|Sibling||Sister- Sweta Nanda|
|Net worth (2021)||30 Million USD|
|Charges Per Movie||12 Crore|
Family & Wife
His father Amitabh Bachchan is a famous film actor and his mother Jaya Bachchan is also a film actress and Politician. He also has an elder sister named Shweta Nanda.
Abhishek Bachchan and Aishwarya Rai got married on (20 April 2007) and they have a beautiful daughter named Aaradhya.
Early Life and Education
Abhishek completed his schooling from Bombay Scottish School in Mumbai, Jamnabai Narsee School and Modern School in New Delhi, moving to the United States with the intention of completing advanced studies. He returned to India before completing his Masters of Business Administration degree at Boston University.
Before foraying into films, Abhishek worked as an LIC agent after which he also worked in his father’s company.
Abhishek stepped into films as an actor through the film Refuge in the year 2000, but the film could not be successful, after which many Abhishek’s films failed one after the other, after which the 2004 film Dhoom gave him a different identity and The film was also a success, with her character in the film and her performance being highly appreciated.
It was his exceptional performance in Mani Ratnam’s Yuva in 2004, which won him the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor and garnered rave reviews.
Abhishek Bachchan later gave hits like Bunty Aur Babli, Dhoom and Sarkar. Apart from this, he has acted in films like Bluffmaster, Dus, Umrao Jaan, Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna and Dhoom-2.
The item song Kajra Re which starred Abhishek Bachchan became one of the commercial hits of the year.
In the year 2007, his first release Guru directed by Mani Ratnam was a commercial hit. In which his performance was highly appreciated and it proved to be his first solo hit.
In May 2007, he did a minor role in the multi-starrer Shootout at Lokhandwala. This film was very successful.
His next film Jhoom Barabar Jhoom was released in June 2007.
The film was a failure in India. The list of films and television shows of Abhishek Bachchan is given in the last of the Khabar.
Abhishek Bachchan received his first National Film Award as a producer for the film “Paa”.
Abhishek’s all films from 2010 to 2012 were unsuccessful, meanwhile he acted in Raavan (2010), Khelein Hum Jee Jaan Sey (2010), Game (2011), Dum Maaro Dum (2011) & Players (2012).
His successful film phase started again with his movie Bol Bachchan in 2012, Dhoom 3 in 2013, Housefull 3 in 2016, Manmarziyaan in 2018, Ludo in 2020.
In April 2021, his film The Big Bull came.
Abhishek Bachchan’s upcoming movies are including, ‘Dasvi’ ‘Bob Biswas’ ‘Bachchan Singh’ ‘Happy Anniversary’ ‘Gulab Jamun’ which will be released in December 2021 and 2022.
Abhishek is a sports enthusiast, he is the owner of Jaipur Pink Panthers in Pro Kabaddi League and Chennaiyin FC in Indian Super League.
Awards and Honors
For his roles in the films Yuva (2004), Sarkar (2005), and Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna (2006), Bachchan won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actor. He is the second and only actor after Dilip Kumar to win an acting award 3 consecutive times.
Facts About Abhishek Bachchan
- Abhishek was suffering from Dyslexia (inability to read and write) in his childhood.
- The famous dance performed by Amitabh Bachchan in the film Don (1978) to the song Khaike Paan Banaras Wala was inspired by the antics of Abhishek Bachchan that he used to do as a child.
- He started his career as an LIC agent, but later he joined his father’s company ABCL.
- Before his first hit film Dhoom in 2004, he did 17 flops one after the other, including his Refugee (2000).
- He approached Ashutosh Gowariker to play the role of Bhuvan in the film Lagaan (2001).
- On the occasion of Amitabh Bachchan’s 60th birthday, he got engaged to Karisma Kapoor. But their engagement broke after 3 months due to mutual differences in the family.
- In 2006, he was named the Sexiest Man in Asia by the UK’s Eastern Eye magazine.
- He proposed Aishwarya on the balcony of a hotel in New York.
- It was Abhishek who gave Priyanka Chopra the nickname Piggy Chops during the film Bluff Master.
- He likes to sing songs, and has sung in many movies. Like Bluff Master, Dhoom, Khiladi, Bol Bachchan etc.
- He put on 18 kilograms for his role in the movie Raavan (2010).
- He is the manager of his father’s company Amitabh Bachchan Corporation Limited.
- He not only acted in but also produced the film Paa (2009), which also won the National Film Award for Best Feature Film in Hindi.
- In 2009 he appeared on the famous The Oprah Winfrey Show with his wife.
- His life has been written in a book named – Abhishek Bachchan: Style and Substance.
Where was Abhishek Bachchan born?
Abhishek Bachchan was born on 5 February 1976. He is 45 years old as of 2021.
What is the debut film of Abhishek Bachchan?
Abhishek Bachchan made his first debut in the film ‘Refugee’ in (2000) The film was failed according to the box office.