Ajith Kumar is an eminent Indian actor who predominantly appears in Tamil Movies. He is recognized as Thala of Tollywood Cinema and one of the highly paid actors of the country. He has received Tamil Nadu State Filmfare Kalaimamani Awards.
Ajith Kumar Bio/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Ajith Kumar|
|Debut Movie||Tamil- En Veedu En Kanavar (1990)|
Bollywood- Aśoka (2001)
|Ajith Kumar Height||In Centimetre- 175 cm|
In Metre- 1.75 m
In Feet- 5’9”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 80 kg |
In Pound- 176 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 42 Inches|
Waist- 34 Inches
Biceps- 15 Inches
|Hair colour||Salt & Pepper|
|Date Of Birth||1 May 1971|
|Ajith Arya Age (2022)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Secunderabad, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh|
|Home town||Secunderabad, Hyderabad, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||Asan Memorial Senior Secondary School, Chennai, TN|
|Hobbies||Racing, Photography, Reading, Playing Cricket|
|Affairs/Girlfriend||Heera Rajagopal (Actress)|
|Ajith Kumar Wife||Shalini Ajith (Actress)|
Marriage Date- 24 April 2000
|Children||Daughter- Anoushka Ajith (Born On 2008)|
Son- Aadvik Ajith (Born On 2015)
|Parents||Father- Parameshwar Subramanian|
Mother- Mohini Mani
|Sibling||Brother- Anoop Kumar (Stock Broker), Anil Kumar|
Sister- 2 (Both Died at very young age)
|Net worth (2021)||25 Million USD|
|Charges Per Movie||24 to 25 Crore INR|
Family, Early Life and Education
Ajith Kumar was born in Hyderabad, India on 1 May 1971. He was born to Subramaniam and Mohini. He has two brothers named Anil Kumar and Anopp Kumar and two sisters.
In the year 1999, Ajith proposed Shalini and luckily she agreed. In the year 2000, Ajith Kumar married to Shalini and the couple was blessed with a son named Aadvik and a daughter named Anoushka.
Ajith Kumar made his debut role with the movie En Veedu En Kanavar, which was released in the year 1990. His first movie was Amaravathi which was directed by renowned film director Selva. After his initial film, his back was badly injured and he underwent three operates. Ajith Kumar made his comeback after 2 years in Arvind Swamy’s movie titled Paasamalargal.
In 1995, he starred with his co-actor Vijay in the movie Rajavin Parvaiyile, though his major hit was Aasai. The movie ‘Aasai’ was produced and directed by Mani Ratnam and Vasanth respectively.
In the year 1999, his double action thrilling movie titled Vaali became a major success.
After a longer time span, Ajith’s movies like Bila, Varalaru and Mankatha became biggest success and hit the Indian box office.
After the failure of the movie Billa II, Ajith Kumar made his comeback in Tollywood with a bang. His movies like Veeram, Arrambam, Vedalam, Yennai Arindhal and Vivegam earned immense success on Indian box office.
Talking about his recent films, Viswasam (2019), Nerkonda Paarvai (2019), his film Valimai will be released on 24 February 2022. Read Valimai’s review
Ajith became a racing driver, competing in circuits around India in places such as Mumbai, Chennai and Delhi. He is one among very few Indians to race in the International arena and in Formula championships. He has also been abroad for various races, including Germany and Malaysia. He drove in the 2003 Formula Asia BMW Championships. He raced in the 2010 Formula 2 Championship along with two other Indians, Armaan Ebrahim and Parthiva Sureshwaren (Watch)
Awards and Honors
He has received more than 37 awards in his film career.
Some Facts About Ajith Kumar
- Ajith Kumar has contributed in numerous car racing championships all through his career, explicitly the Formula BMW Asia Championship 2003, Formula Maruti Indian Championships 2002, Formula 2 Championship 2010 and FIA Formula Two Championship 2010.
- He is a passionate follower of Sai Baba.
- At first, he was employed as a salesperson for a local garment export factory.
- Ajith rejected the movies Ghajini, Khaaka Khaaka and Nandha for which the directors featured Suriya.
- In the year 2004, he was contracted as a brand ambassador of Nescafe.
- Ajith incurred certain debts after a glitch in reaching corporate success, resulting in him taking up motor sports and gained a lot of modelling opportunities.
- Ajith Kumar was a salesman in a garment export company before he rose to stardom. A report on Behindwoods.com states that Thala Ajith was headed for corporate success when the company suddenly went bust.