Akhilesh Yadav is an Indian politician who has been the youngest Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh. Prior to this, he has also been an MP for three consecutive terms. Akhilesh, son of Samajwadi Party founder Mulayam Singh Yadav, led his party in the 2012 Uttar Pradesh Legislative Assembly election.
In 2000, he was elected as a member of the Lok Sabha for the Kannauj constituency, his biggest success in politics.
Akhilesh Yadav Bio/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Akhilesh Yadav|
|Political Party||Samajwadi Party|
|Akhilesh Yadav Height||In Centimetre- 170 cm|
In Metre- 1.70 m
In Feet- 5’7”
|Date Of Birth||1 July 1973|
|Akhilesh Yadav Age (2022)||49 Years|
|Birthplace||Saifai, Etawah District, Uttar Pradesh|
|Home town||Etawah, Uttar Pradesh|
|School||Dholpur Military School, Dholpur, Rajasthan|
|College/University||University Of Mysore, Mysore, Karnataka, India|
University Of Sydney, Australia
|Akhilesh Yadav Wife||Dimple Yadav |
Marriage Date- 24 November 1999
|Akhilesh Yadav Children||Son- Arjun Yadav |
Daughter- Aditi Yadav, Tina Yadav
|Parents||Father- Mulayam Singh Yadav|
Mother- Malti Devi
Step Mother- Sadhana Gupta
|Sibling||Half Brother- Prateek Yadav|
Akhilesh Yadav Family & Wife
Yadav was born on 1 July 1973 in Saifai, Etawah District, Uttar Pradesh. He was born to Malti Devi and Mulayam Singh Yadav, later Chief minister of Uttar Pradesh. Australia. He is married to Dimple Yadav, a former Member of Parliament.
Early Life and Education
He completed his early education in a local school in Saifai and then one in Etawah town. He was schooled at the Military School in Dholpur, Rajasthan, then obtained his Bachelor’s and master’s degrees in Civil Environmental Engineering at JSS Science and Technology University. He also has a master’s degree in environmental engineering from the University of Sydney,
Akhilesh Yadav Career
From 2009–2012 Yadav was elected and served as a member of the 15th Lok Sabha for a second term. During this period he was a member of the following committees: Member of the Committee on Environment and Forests, Committee on Science and Technology, and the JPC on the 2G spectrum case.
On 10 March 2012 he was appointed as leader of the Samajwadi Party in Uttar Pradesh. On 15 March 2012, at the age of 38, he became the Chief Minister of Uttar Pradesh, the youngest to hold the office.
In the 2017 Assembly elections, the SP-Congress Alliance headed by Yadav was unable to form the government. He submitted his resignation to Governor Ram Naik on 11 March. In May 2019 he was elected as the Member of Parliament from Azamgarh Lok Sabha constituency.
Some Facts About Akhilesh Yadav
- Akhilesh Yadav studied in Sainik School in Dholpur, Rajasthan, and did his Bachelor of Engineering and Masters of Engineering in Civil Environmental Engineering at the University of Mysore in Karnataka.
- Akhilesh Yadav also holds a Master’s degree in environmental engineering from the University of Sydney in Australia.
- Akhilesh and Dimple have three children – Aditi and twins, Arjun and Tina.
- At the age of 38, he was the youngest chief minister Uttar Pradesh had seen. He first entered the Lok Sabha after winning from Kannauj in 2000. Later, Akhilesh Yadav won yet again from Kannauj and also from Firozabad in the 2009 Lok Sabha elections.
- When Akhilesh Yadav was studying in Etawah, he used to live with both his uncles and their families in a small rented house. The room, in which Akhilesh used to live, only had a bed, a sofa and a chair.
- Akhilesh Yadav was very sporty and was always interested in playing games.