Anne Hathaway is an American actress. The recipient of various accolades, including an Academy Award, a Golden Globe Award, and a Primetime Emmy Award, she was among the world’s highest-paid actresses in 2015. Her films have grossed over $6.8 billion worldwide, and she appeared on the Forbes Celebrity 100 list in 2009.
Anne Hathaway Biography/ Wiki
|Anne Hathaway Full Name||Anne Jacqueline Hathaway|
|Nick Name||Annie, Ann|
|Profession||Actress and Singer|
|Debut||Film- The Princess Diaries (2001)|
TV- Get Real (1999-2000)
|Anne Hathaway Height||In Centimeter- 173 cm|
In Meter- 1.73 m
In Feet- 5’8”
|Anne Hathaway Weight||In Kilogram- 55 kg |
In Pound- 121 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Hair Color||Dark Brown|
|Date Of Birth||November 12, 1982|
|Anne Hathaway Age (2022)||40 Years|
|Birthplace||New York City, New York, U.S|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Scorpio|
|Home town||New York, USA|
|School||Millburn High School, New Jersey|
|College/University||Vassar College Poughkeepsie, New York University, New York|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in English and Political Science|
|Affairs/Boyfriend||Topher Grace (1999-2001)|
James Holzier (2001-2002) (Rumored)
Scott Sartiano (2002)
Hugh Dancy (2002-2004)
Raffaello Follieri (2004-2008)
Adam Shulman (2008-Present)
James Franco (2011) (Rumored)
|Anne Hathaway Husband||Adam Shulman|
|Anne Hathaway Marriage Date||September 29, 2012|
|Anne Hathaway Children||Son- Jonathan Rosebanks Shulman|
|Anne Hathaway Parents||Father- Gerald Hathaway (Labor Attorney)|
Mother- Kate McCauley Hathaway (Former Actress)
|Sibling||Brother- Michael (Older), Thomas (Younger)|
|Hobbies||Reading Books and Novels, Swimming, Listening to Music|
|Movies||Elizabeth (1998), |
Stand by Me (1986),
Le Fabuleux destin d’Amélie Poulain (2001),
Pretty Woman (1990) and City of God (2002)
|Actor||Joaquin Phoenix and Ralph Fiennes|
|Book||The Secret Garden (By Frances Hodgson Burnett)|
|Favorite Novel||The Fountainhead (Ayn Rand)|
|Anne Hathaway Net Worth (2022)||80 Million USD|
Early Life & Childhood
- Anne Hathaway was born on November 12, 1982, in Brooklyn, New York, USA, to Kate McCauley and Gerald Thomas Hathaway. Her father is a lawyer, while her mother is a former stage actress. Hathaway has two brothers.
- A young Anne loved watching her mother perform. Subsequently, she was inspired to become an actress herself. She was just eight years old when she told her parents about her future plans. She also contemplated becoming a nun but later discarded the idea.
- She was a confident child, blessed with a good voice. After receiving her primary education from ‘Brooklyn Heights Montessori School’ and ‘Wyoming Elementary School,’ she enrolled at ‘Millburn High School’ where she became active in stage productions.
- She studied at ‘Vassar College’ in Poughkeepsie, New York, before transferring to New York University’s ‘Gallatin School of Individualized Study.’ She also studied at the ‘American Academy of Dramatic Arts,’ and became the first teenager to be admitted into ‘The Barrow Group Theater’ company’s acting program.
Personal Life & Legacy
- Anne Hathaway got engaged to actor Adam Shulman in 2011 and married him in September 2012. They have a son named Jonathan Rosebanks Shulman who was born in 2016. On July 2019, the actress announced through a social media post that she is expecting her second child with Adam Shulman.
- Hathaway was appointed as the UN ambassador in 2016 for her advocacy of gender equality.
- Anne Hathaway got her first big break when she was cast as Meghan in the television series ‘Get Real’ in 1999. Even though the series lasted only one season, she got noticed for her performance.
- In 2001, she was cast in the lead role of Mia Thermopolis in the ‘Disney’ production’s comedy film ‘The Princess Diaries,’ which was based on Meg Cabot’s 2000 novel of the same name. The movie became a big hit and peaked at number three at the box office. She went on to appear in the movie’s sequel, ‘The Princess Diaries 2: Royal Engagement,’ in 2004.
- During the initial years of her career, she appeared in a number of family-oriented films like ‘Nicholas Nickleby’ (2002) and ‘Ella Enchanted’ (2004) and became known as a children’s role model. However, the talented actress wanted to avoid being typecast and started taking up different kinds of roles.
- In 2005, she starred in the romantic drama film ‘Brokeback Mountain’ which deals with the complex emotional and sexual relationship between two men. Anne Hathaway portrayed the role of Lureen, a wife whose husband is in love with a man.
- One of her acclaimed roles came in 2007 when she played Jane Austen in the historical biographical film ‘Becoming Jane.’ The movie depicts the complicated love story between Jane and Thomas Langlois Lefroy.
- In 2008, she played Kym, a young woman undergoing rehab for drug addiction in the drama film ‘Rachel Getting Married.’ Her role was an emotionally intense one and she was praised for her performance. Her performance also earned her several awards and nominations.
- In the next few years, she was seen in many romantic-comedy movies, such as ‘Bride Wars’ (2009), ‘Valentine’s day’ (2010), and ‘Love & Other Drugs’ (2010).
- She played a poor factory worker who struggles to raise a child in the period drama film ‘Les Misérables’ in 2012. The film was a critical as well as a commercial success and Hathaway was appreciated for her performance. The same year, she played the role of Selina Kyle in the movie ‘The Dark Knight Rises.’
- Some of her other films are ‘Don Jon’ (2013), ‘Song One’ (2014), ‘Rio 2’ (2014) and ‘Interstellar’ (2014).
- Her only theatrical release in 2015 was the much acclaimed movie ‘The Intern.’ The film follows the internship of a 70-year-old man at an online fashion website headed by Hathaway’s character Jules Ostin. The following year, she reprised her role as White Queen in the movie ‘Alice Through the Looking Glass.’
- After a break of two years, she returned to the big screen with the movie ‘Ocean’s 8,’ a spin off of the ‘Ocean’s Eleven’ franchise. In the movie, she was seen alongside artists like Sandra Bullock, Cate Blanchett, and Rihanna.
- The year 2019 saw Anne in movies, such as ‘Serenity’ and ‘The Hustle.’ Both movies received negative reviews, with the latter performing better in terms of box-office collections. In the same year, she was signed to play prominent roles in movies, such as ‘The Last Thing He Wanted,’ ‘The Witches,’ and ‘Sesame Street.’
- Anne Hathaway received much acclaim for playing the role of a woman who deals with the guilt of having caused her brother’s death in the drama film ‘Rachel Getting Married’ in 2008. Her poignant performance of a drug addict, whose careless action leads to her brother’s death, earned her several awards.
- Her role of Fantine in the 2012 film ‘Les Misérables’ is also undoubtedly one of her best performances. In the film, she portrayed a poor factory worker who struggles to raise her illegitimate child. Even though Anne was initially considered not experienced enough for the role, she silenced her detractors with her impeccable performance.
- Her role in the 2014 science-fiction movie ‘Interstellar,’ which was directed by Christopher Nolan, received praises from critics. Her performance as an astronaut earned her a ‘Best Actress’ nomination at the 2015 ‘Saturn Awards.’
Awards & Achievements
- Anne Hathaway portrayal of Kym Buchman in Rachel Getting Married (2008) won her the ‘Austin Film Critics Association Award’ for ‘Best Actress,’ ‘Chicago Film Critics Association Award’ for ‘Best Actress,’ and a nomination for ‘Academy Award’ for ‘Best Actress.’
- She won the ‘Academy Award’ for ‘Best Supporting Actress’ for her role of Fantine in the 2012 movie ‘Les Misérables.’ The same role also won her several other awards, including ‘BAFTA Award’ for ‘Best Actress in a Supporting Role,’ ‘Golden Globe Award’ for ‘Best Supporting Actress – Motion Picture,’ and ‘Screen Actors Guild Award’ for ‘Outstanding Performance by a Female Actor in a Supporting Role.’
Lesser Known Facts About Anne Hathaway
- Anne started acting at a very young age, and became the first and only teenager admitted to The Barrow Group,& a theater company and acting school in New York.
- She was named after William Shakespeare’s wife by her parents.
- During the audition for ‘The Princess Diaries; Anne accidentally fell off her chair during her audition for the role of the klutzy princess.
- In 2001, Anne was included in the list of Breakthrough Stars by the People magazine.
- Anne is lactose intolerant
- The role of Andie Sachs in The Devil Wears Prada was originally offered to actress Rachel McAdams, but she turned that down. Anne got that opportunity instead.
- In the early 2007, Anne spoke of her depression period during her teenage years, she said that she started smoking to the subsequent decline in her stress level but she ultimately overcame the disorder without medication.
- When Anne was 27 years old in 2011, she became the youngest person to have hosted the Academy Awards alongside
- In 2011, she was listed as one of the 50 Most Beautiful Women in Films by Los Angeles Times Magazine
- While swimming off the coast of Oahu, Hawaii in January 8, 2014, she was swept away by a wave, but luckily was saved by a nearby surfer.
- 2015, Anne was reported as one of the highest paid actresses in the world by Forbes.
- Since 2017, she is among the highest-grossing actresses of the 21st century.
- As of October 2017, her films have grossed over $6.4 billion worldwide.