Arvind Trivedi- Whenever there is mention of Ravana, the character of Ramayana, the first thing that comes to mind is the face of Arvind Trivedi. Apart from Ravana, his fans know Arvind with names like Lankesh, Lankadhipati Ravana etc.
As Arvind played the character of Ravana in Ramayana, hardly anyone else could have played him so well.
Arvind Trivedi Bio/Wiki
|Real Name||Arvind Trivedi|
|Arvind Trivedi’s Height||In centimeter- 175|
In Meters -1.75
In feet & inches -5’8
In Pound-171.96 Ibs
|Date of birth||8 November 1938|
|Arvind Trivedi Age||82 years|
|Arvind Trivedi Dies on||5 October 2021|
|Arvind Trivedi Cause Of Death||Cardiac Arrest Followed by Multiple Organ Failure.|
|Birthplace||Ujjain, British India ( Now Madhya Pradesh)|
|Home town||Indore, Madhya Pradesh, India|
|School||Bhavan’s College, Bombay|
|Educational Qualification||Intermediate Leve|
|Arvind Trivedi Wife||Nalini Arvind Trivedi|
Marriage- 4 June 1966
|Parents||Father- Jethalal Trivedi|
Mother- Name not know
|Sibling||Brother- Upendra Trivedi, (Gujrati Film Actor)|
|Arvind Trivedi’s Net worth||N/A|
Arvind Trivedi TV Serial & Movies
- 1971- Bollywood film Paraya Dhan
- 1971- Jesal Toral (Gujarati Film)
- Vikram Aur Betal, and Brahmrishi Vishwamitra.
Family, Caste, and Childhood
Arvind was born on 8 November 1937. Arvind was born in Indore city of Madhya Pradesh, India. Arvind is a devotee of Lord Ram in real life. His childhood was spent in Ujjain, while his further life was spent in Gujarat.
Arvind’s father’s name was Jethalal Trivedi. Arvind’s wife’s name is Nalini Trivedi. Arvind studied 12th class from Mumbai. The actor was fond of Ramlila and used to go to see Ramlila in the evening.
Early Life and Education
Arvind liked Ramlila very much and he believes and worships Lord Shri Ram a lot. His elder brother’s name was Upendra Trivedi, who also worked in Gujarati films. Seeing his elder brother, Arvind also decided to become an actor.
At the beginning of his career, Arvind used to act in Ramlila in the street. People were very impressed with his acting and always praised him. Arvind also earned a lot of name on the stage.
Arvind Trivedi has worked in more than 300 films. He worked in Gujarati language films, which got him a lot of recognition.
Trivedi played the role of Ravana in Ramanand Sagar’s famous serial ‘Ramayana’. This show started on Doordarshan in the year 1986. Arvind played the character of Ravana in this show in such a way that he remains his identity even today.
After ‘Ramayan’, Trivedi also worked in many more programs. Apart from ‘Vikram and Betaal’, Arvind’s brilliant performance was seen in many more Hindi serials and films. His character of Ravana in Ramanand Sagar’s very popular mythological serial ‘Ramayana’ brought him a lot of popularity and even today people remember him with the same character. He acted in more than 300 Gujarati and Hindi films. Apart from this, he was also seen acting in many Gujarati plays.
Trivedi had won seven awards for Best Acting in Gujarati Films awarded by the Government of Gujarat. In 2002 he was named as the working chairman of the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC).Trivedi served as the Central Board of Film Certification (CBFC) chief from 20 July 2002 to 16 October 2003.
Facts Of Arvind Trivedi
- He received Best Actor’s award 7 times from the government of Gujarat for his work in Gujarati films.
- He has worked in nearly 250 films in his career including Hindi, and Gujarati.
- He also contested from Sabarkantha constituency of Gujarat from BJP ticket during 1991 general elections and became an MP.
- His elder brother Upendra was also an MP.
- By the way, Arvind Trivedi did not want to play the role of Ravana. In an interview, Arvind Trivedi had said that he was asking for the role of Kevat from Ramanand Sagar. But Ramanand Sagar handed him the script. After reading the script, Arvind Trivedi did not respond and left from there. Ramanand Sagar did not know what he saw in him and just stopped Arvind and said that he has found his Lankesh i.e. Ravana.
- Interestingly, Arvind Trivedi, who plays the Ravana in ‘Ramayana’, is a real-life Ram devotee and is associated with social work organizations.