Austin Butler is an American actor and singer. He is known for his roles as James “Wilke” Wilkerson in the television series Switched at Birth, Jordan Gallagher on Ruby & the Rockits, Sebastian Kydd in The Carrie Diaries, Tex Watson in Once Upon a Time in Hollywood, and Wil Ohmsford in The Shanna Chronicles. In 2022, he appears as Elvis Presley in the film Elvis.
Austin Butler Biography/Wiki
|Austin Butler Full Name||Austin Robert Butler|
|Profession||Actor and Singer|
|Austin Butler Height||In Centimeter- 183 cm|
In Meter- 1.83 m
|Austin Butler Weight||In Kilogram- 68 kg|
In Pound- 149 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 42 Inches|
Waist- 34 Inches
Biceps- 16 Inches
|Date Of Birth||17 August 1991 (Saturday)|
|Austin Butler Age (2022)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Anaheim, California, United States|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Leo|
|Home town||Anaheim, California, United States|
|Austin Butler Girlfriend||Vanessa Hudgens (Actress) (2011-2020)|
Kaia Gerber (Model) (2021- Present)
|Austin Butler Parents||Father- David Butler|
Mother- Lori Anne (Née Howell)
|Sibling||Sister- Ashley Butler|
|Hobbies||Collecting guitars, basketball, hiking, and cycling|
|Austin Butler Net Worth (2022)||4 Million USD|
Childhood & Early Life
- Austin Butler was born on 17th August, 1991 at Anaheim in California to Lori Anne and David Butler. He has an elder sister, Ashley Butler.
- He grew up in his hometown and attended regular school. When he was 13, he was spotted by a management company representative at the Orange County Fair.
- The representative helped him procure minor roles in television shows. Gradually he took keen interest in acting and began taking lessons for the same. He left regular school in grade seven and was home-schooled in order to cope with shootings and acting lessons.
- At the same time, he also learnt how to play the guitar and piano. The first music instrument he ever held was a violin. However, he learnt the guitar faster and used to play it until his fingers would bleed.
- He received home-schooling for three years and took the California High School Proficiency Exam (CHSPE) in tenth grade, completing his high school education.
A Teenage Artist
- Until 2005, Austin Butler worked as an extra on shows. Finally, he landed a role as a background actor on Nickelodeon’s Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide. His colleague and good friend, Lindsey Shaw got him introduced to her manager who agreed to work for him.
- His first major break was in the teen hit show Hannah Montana, where he starred in a guest role, and played the part of Derek Hanson. On the show, he got to work with Miley Cyrus, under the Disney banner.
- In 2007, Austin Butler was cast as Jake Krandle on the Nickelodeon show iCarly in the episode iLike Jake. The following year, he landed his first recurring role as James Garrett on the Nickelodeon family series Zoey 101.
- His role on Zoey 101 was his breakthrough performance and offers came pouring in after he gained fame on the show. He played the love interest of the title character of the show in season 4, spanning 9 episodes.
Films & Teenage Dramas
- In 2009, Austin Butler was offered the main role in the movie Aliens in the Attic, under the distribution of 20th Century Fox. It was an adventure movie, where he played the role of Jake Pearson, a dauntless lad who battles with aliens to save his homeland and family.
- In 2009, he starred in ABC’s family sitcom Ruby & The Rockits as Jordan Gallager in a main role spanning 10 episodes. In the series, he plays a teenage boy who has a crush on his cousin and loves playing the guitar. Thus, his viewers got a glimpse of his music skills as well.
- In 2010, he accepted a recurring role in the family drama Life Unexpected. Throughout the year, he was spotted on television shows such as Wizards of Waverly, Jonas, CSI: Miami, and The Defenders.
- Soon, he got the main role in Sharpay’s Fabulous Adventure, which was basically a spin-off of the hit movie High School Musical. In the film, he enacted the part of Peyton Leverette and received critical acclaim for his performance.
- From 2011 to 2012, he acted in Switch at birth, The Bling Ring, Are You There, Chelsea? and The Carrie Diaries. During these two years, Austin Butler worked with huge production houses and excellent directors, which in turn helped boost his career further.
- With success as both TV actor and film actor, Austin Butler joined the cast of Death of the Author, a theatrical play in 2014 at Geffen Playhouse, Los Angeles. The play was directed by Bart De Lorenzo.
- In the play, he acted as a pre-law student holding a double major in mathematics and political science. The play was a hit and ran for over a month; his performance was critically appraised by numerous magazines.
- In 2014, he also got to share screen space with Johnny Depp, Lily-Rose Depp, and Harley Quinn Smith. Later that year, he starred as Chase in the TV show Arrow and co-starred with noted actor and producer Tom Sizemore and the beautiful Miranda Cosgrove in the horror film The Intruders.
- In 2016, he signed for the role of Wil Ohmsford in MTV’s fantasy drama, The Shannara Chronicles, based on Terry Brooks’ novel The Elfstones of Shannara. In the series, he plays half-human half-elf, the last of his bloodline with the onus of saving his land from demons.
- In 2018, Austin Butler played Thomas Daniels in the coming-of-age comedy-drama film Dude. The following year, he portrayed murderer and member of the Manson Family Tex Watson in the comedy-drama film Once Upon a Time in Hollywood.
Personal Life & Legacy
- He was in a relationship with actress Vanessa Hudgens. Austin Butler and Vanessa dated from 2011 to 2020 before they decided to part ways. In 2021, he began dating Lily-Rose Depp. He has been romantically involved with Kaia Gerber.
- During his initial career, he did background acting with his elder sister Ashley, who also attended acting classes. The siblings acted on the show Ned’s Declassified School Survival Guide.
- His friend circle comprises of Ashley Tisdale, Alexa Vega, Cater Jenkins, Lindsey Shaw, and Lucy Hale. He was also the ring bearer at Alexa Vega and Sean Covel’s wedding.