Chris Pratt is an American actor known for starring in television, as well as in action and animated films. He rose to prominence for his television roles, particularly as Andy Dwyer in the NBC sitcom Parks and Recreation (2009–2015), for which he received critical acclaim and was nominated for the Critics’ Choice Television Award for Best Supporting Actor in a Comedy Series in 2013.
Pratt has since starred in Jurassic World (2015) and its sequel Fallen Kingdom (2018), The Magnificent Seven, Passengers (both 2016) and The Tomorrow War (2021). He also reprized his Marvel role in Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 (2017), Avengers: Infinity War (2018) and Avengers: Endgame (2019), as well as the upcoming Thor: Love and Thunder (2022) and Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 (2023).
In 2015, Time magazine named him one of the 100 most influential people in the world.
Chris Pratt Biography & Wiki
|Chris Pratt Real Name||Christopher Michael Pratt|
|Debut Movie||Actor: The Extreme Team (2003)|
TV Actor: The Huntress (2001)
|Chris Pratt First Movie||Cursed Part 3|
|Chris Pratt Height||In Centimeter- 188 cm|
In Meter- 1.88 m
In Feet- 6’2”
|Chris Pratt Weight||In Kilogram- 84 kg|
In Pound- 185 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 44 InchesWaist- 34 Inches Biceps- 16 Inches|
|Shoe Size||13 (US) or 12.5 (UK) or 46 (EU)|
|Hair Color||Light Brown|
|Date Of Birth||June 21, 1979|
|Chris Pratt Age (2022)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Virginia, Minnesota, USA|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Gemini|
|Home town||Virginia, Minnesota, USA|
|Current Residence||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|School||Lake Steven High School, Lake Stevens, Washington|
|Affairs/Girlfriend||Anna Faris |
|Chris Pratt Wife||Anna Faris (div.2018)|
|Marriage Date||Anna Faris- 9 July 2009|
Katherine Schwarzenegger- 8 June 2019
|Children||Son– Jack Pratt (Born On 2012) (With Anna Faris) |
Daughter– Lyla Maria Schwarzenegger Pratt, Eloise Christina Schwarzenegger Pratt (With Katherine Schwarzenegger)
|Parents||Father– Daniel Clifton Pratt|
Mother– Kathy Pratt
|Sibling||Brother– Cully Pratt|
Sister– Angie Pratt
|Singer||Dr. Dre, Eminem|
|Net Worth (2022)||80 Million USD|
Childhood & Early Life
Chris Pratt was born as Christopher Michael Pratt on June 21, 1979 in Virginia, Minnesota, to Kathleen Louise and Daniel Clifton Pratt. While his mother worked at a Safeway supermarket, his father worked in mining and later remodelled houses. He is the youngest of three siblings.
Raised in Lake Stevens, Washington, Pratt gained his education from a local school. While studying, he showed an interest in wrestling and stood fifth in the high school state wrestling tournament. He attended community college for a short period before dropping out. Then he took up odd jobs for a living and was even homeless for a while.
- Destiny led the almost-broke teenaged Chris Pratt to the world of acting. While waiting tables at the Bubba Gump Shrimp Company restaurant in Maui, he got noticed by the actress and director Rae Dawn Chong. Impressed by his striking looks and energetic self, he offered him a role in his directorial debut venture, a short horror film ‘Cursed Part 3.’
- Following his debut, Pratt found a guest role in the television series ‘The Huntress’ in 2001. In 2002, he bagged his first regular television role as Harold Brighton ‘Bright’ Abbott on the series ‘Everwood.’ Lasting for 89 episodes, the The series ended in 2006.
- While working in ‘Everwood’, Pratt also did a couple of films including ‘The Extreme Team’ and ‘Strangers with Candy.’ He did the television film, ‘Paths of Destruction’ as well, capping the role of Nathan McCain.
- From 2006 to 2007, Pratt found a recurring role in ‘The O.C.’, which was running in its fourth season, for the character of activist Winchester ‘Ché’ Cook. The following year, he made an appearance in the action film ‘Wanted.’
- The year 2009 was a busy one for Pratt in terms of his career. Three of his films were slated for release: ‘Brides War’, ‘Deep in the Valley’ and ‘Jennifer’s Body’. Additionally, he bagged a role as Andy Dwyer on the NBC comedy series ‘Parks and Recreation’. Originally meant to be a temporary character, Andy was loved so much by the audience that he was made a series regular. ‘Parks and Recreation’ ran until 2015.
- In 2011, Pratt played the character of Oakland Athletics first baseman/catcher Scott Hatteberg in the film ‘Moneyball.’ The film was a role reversal for his image as from playing downright immature characters till now, he shifted to the dramatic role of a father and dejected baseball player who once feared his career was over and who had the difficult task of learning an entirely new defensive position.
- Chris Pratt is always striving to be a perfectionist at what he does. To do full justice to his roles, he often goes a step ahead and works diligently. For ‘Moneyball,’ Pratt lost more than 30 pounds of weight which he had to regain for his film ’10 Years.’ Subsequently, Pratt lost it again to portray a Navy SEAL in the film ‘Zero Dark Thirty’ in 2012.
- Interestingly, when first offered the role of Peter Quill / Star-Lord in Marvel Studios’ ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’, Pratt turned it down. The film’s casting director, Sarah Finn, somehow convinced the director James Gunn to believe that Pratt was perfect for the role. Following a meeting with Gunn, Pratt eventually signed a multi-film deal with Marvel Studios.
- Until then regarded only a supporting actor, Pratt’s fortunes changed in 2014 as he bagged two back-to-back lead roles. The first was in ‘The Lego Movie’ in which he did a voice role for the character of Emmet Brickowski. It became the highest-grossing film of 2014 in North America.
- He soon followed it up with the popular and critically acclaimed role of Peter Quill/ Star-Lord for the film ‘Guardians of the Galaxy,’ also in 2014. The film earned him overwhelming appreciation, bagging $770 million at the box office. Thus Pratt ended the year by starring in two of the top five highest-grossing films of that year.
- Following this phenomenal success, Pratt was bestowed with numerous awards. He was invited to grace the covers of various magazines as well. That year, ‘People’ magazine ranked him second on their annual list of Sexiest Men Alive.
- An avid fan of the ‘Jurassic Park’ movie franchise, Pratt relived his childhood fascination with the world of dinosaurs with the 2015 remake of ‘Jurassic World’ wherein he played the character of Owen Grady. The film was one of the biggest hits of the year, amassing about $652 million in North America and $1.018 billion overseas for a worldwide total of $1.670 billion.
- The unparalleled success of ‘Jurassic World’ led to the making of its sequel which is slated for a June 2018 release. Pratt is to reprise the role of Owen Grady.
- He had two releases for the 2016 calendar year: as gambler Josh Faraday, in the remake of the 1960 Western ‘The Magnificent Seven’ and as Jim Preston in ‘Passengers.’
- Pratt’s future projects include reprising his role of Peter Quill / Star-Lord in the ‘Guardians of the Galaxy’ sequel ‘Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2’. The film is slated for a May 2017 release. He will also portray the same character in ‘Avengers: Infinity War’ in May 2018 apart from the ‘Jurassic World’ sequel.
- In March 2020, Pratt had a lead voice role in the Disney/Pixar animated feature film Onward, alongside his Avengers co-star Tom Holland.
- In May of 2021, Pratt and Parks and Recreation announced the upcoming release of a new album based on Pratt’s character Andy Dwyer. In June 2021, they officially released a pair of singles, “The Pit” and “Two Birds Holding Hands”. The album, which is called Mouse Rat: The Awesome Album, was released in August 2021.
Facts About Chris Pratt
- Worked at Bubba Gumps Restaurant in Hawaii when he met Rae Dawn Chong, who helped him get his start acting.
- Has appeared in a film that was Oscar-nominated for Best Picture for three consecutive years: Moneyball (2011), Zero Dark Thirty (2012) and Her (2013).
- Has starred in two films with Morgan Freeman about ordinary individuals, abducted by tough women, to fulfill an extraordinary destiny: Wanted (2008) and The Lego Movie (2014).
- Pratt’s star on the Hollywood Walk of Fame at 6834 Hollywood Boulevard was unveiled on April 21, 2017.