Rising star Deepak Chahar is a right-arm middle-order bowler. He caught everyone’s attention by making his performance in Ranji and today he is counted among the good players in IPL. He came to be the first Indian male cricketer to score a hat-trick in Twenty20 Internationals. In January 2020, Chahar was awarded the T20 Performance of the Year by the International Cricket Council, later taking six historic wickets for seven runs in opposition to Bangladesh.
|Real Name/ Full Name||Deepak Lokendra Singh Chahar|
5 feet 11 inch
|Body Measurement||Chest- 40 inch|
Waist- 30 inch
Biceps- 14 inch
|Born||7 August 1992|
|BIrth Place||Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Home Town||Agra, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||G.D. Goenka Public School, Agra|
|Educational Degree||Higher Secondary|
|Affairs/ GirlFriend||Jaya Bhardwaj|
|Parents||Lokendra Singh Chahar (Father)|
Redt. From Indian Air Force
Pushpa Chahar (Mother)
|Sibling||Rahul Chahar (Cousin)|
Malti Chahar (Sister)
Model,Actress, Miss India 2014 Finalist
|National||First Class- Rajasthan vs HyderabadJaipur November 2010|
List A Debut- Rajasthan vs VidarbhaIndore, February 2010
T-20 Debut- Rajasthan vs VidarbhaKolkata, October, 2010
|International||Test Match- Did not play|
ODI Debut- vs Afghanistan, 25 September 2018, Dubai International Cricket Stadium
T-20I Debut- vs England, 8 July 2018, Country Ground.
IPL Debut- vs Delhi Capitals May 17, 2016.
|Net Worth||80 Lakh per annum ( IPL)|
|Teams||India, Rajasthan, Rajasthan Royals, Rising Pune Supergiant, Ajmer Panthers, Chennai Super Kings, India A, India B|
|Batting Style||Right Handed Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right-arm medium|
|ICC Ranking||Batting- |
Bowling- 38 (T-20)
Facts about Deepak Chahar
- Deepak Chahar was born in Agra but his roots are basically connected to Ganganagar, Rajasthan. He did his early studies from Suratgarh.
- He started playing cricket at an early age and his father wanted him to be a prominent cricketer. He resigned from his Air Force job in 2006 so that his son could pay more attention to cricket. According to him, he was unable to pay attention to his son and that is why he left his job and inspired Deepak to focus on cricket and himself used to take him to Hanumangarh Cricket Academy, 50 km from Suratgarh, to practise cricket. Deepak’s coach Navendu Tyagi made him aware of the refinement of cricket.
- Acknowledgement from a domestic cricket match- Deepak Chahar played his first ever match against Hyderabad, he played for Jaipur and bowling for the first time, he took 8 wickets in 7.3 overs giving 10 runs to Hyderabad and wind up Hyderabad for 21 runs. After this feat of Deepak Chahar, he was included in the IPL team by Rajasthan Royals in 2011 and he is playing in the IPL ceaselessly. He was a member of the Rajasthan Royals team from 2011 to 2015.
- How to be a part of Dhoni’s team- Due to his excellent show, one and all has started fondness Deepak Chahar, maybe this is the reason why Rising Pune Supergiants were also a part of Dhoni’s team. He was a member of Mahendra Singh Dhoni’s team from 2016 to 2017, after which he was acquired by Chennai Super Kings in 2018 for Rs 80 lakh. In 2019, Deepak Chahar gave his best performance for Chennai Super Kings and took 22 wickets at an average of 21.90 in 17 matches played in the IPL tour.
- Deepak Chahar played the 1st match at the international pitch against England in T20, where he gave an excellent performance. This match was held on 8 July 2018. However, in his introductory international match, he took only one wicket after 4 overs. This did not make his presentation any better. However, India won this match because of Rohit Sharma.
- Deepak Chahar played his first international ODI against Afghanistan, where he could not do anything notable with his bowling. He took one wicket for 37 runs. After giving only one wicket and 37 runs in 4 overs, Deepak had to face censure too. However, this match was also a draw btw both India and Afghanistan.
- Best Bowling figures in T20I, 6 Wickets for Seven Run from 3.2 over against Bangladesh.
- First T20 Hattrick for India.
- T20 Player of the series in opposition to Bangladesh, 2019
- Veteran India fast bowler Venkatesh Prasad has made a revelation. Prasad has said that former India coach Greg Chappell once declined Chahar. Greg Chappell, throughout his tenure with the Rajasthan Cricket Academy, had asked him to quit cricket and find some other work. Prasad tweeted, “Due to the stature of Deepak Chahar, Greg Chappell asked him to find another job by dismissing him at RCA. He won the match on his own while basically he is not a batsman.