Dinesh Karthik, better known as Dk, is an Indian right-handed wicket-keeper batsman.
Karthik has been a member of the Indian team for a long time but he has never been able to cement his place in the team. Early in his career, he was only able to play matches as a reserve for MS Dhoni.
Dinesh Karthik has been a part of 6 teams in the Indian Premier League and has also captained Kolkata Knight Riders for 2 seasons. He was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore in the mega auction of Tata IPL 2022.
Dinesh Karthik Biography/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name/ Birth Name||Krishnakumar Dinesh Karthik|
|Dinesh Karthik International Debut||Test: vs Australia, Wankhede Stadium, (03 Nov 2004)|
ODI: vs England, Lord’s (05 Sept 2004)
T20I: vs South Africa, The Wanderers Stadium (01 Dec 2006)
|Dinesh Karthik IPL Debut||vs Rajasthan Royals, Arun Jaitley Stadium (19 Apr 2008)|
|Teams||India U19, India U23, India A, India B, India C, India Blue, Delhi Capitals, India, Mumbai Indians, Board President XI, Tamil Nadu, Punjab Kings, East Zone, South Zone, Royal Challengers Bangalore, Gujarat Lions, Kolkata Knight Riders, WorldXI|
|Bowling||Right-arm off break|
|Dinesh Karthik Height||In Centimeter- 170 cm|
In Meter- 1.70 m
In Feet- 5’7”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 65 kg|
In Pound- 143 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 38 Inches|
Waist- 30 Inches
Biceps- 14 Inches
|Date Of Birth||1 June 1985|
|Dinesh Karthik Age (2022)||37 years|
|Birthplace||Tiruchendur, Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Hometown||Tiruchendur, Thoothukudi, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Current Residence||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Gemini|
Don Bosco Matriculation Higher Secondary School, Egmore, Chennai
|Dinesh Karthik Religion||Hinduism|
|Dinesh Karthik Wife||First Wife: Nikita Vanjara (m. 2007-div. 2012)|
Second Wife: Dipika Pallikal (m. 2015-Present)
|Marriage Date||18 August 2015 (with Dipika Pallikal as per Christian rituals)|
20 August 2015 (with Dipika Pallikal as per Hindu rituals)
|Marriage Place||Christian Marriage: The Leela Palace Hotel in Chennai|
Hindu Marriage: ITC Grand Chola in Chennai
|Dinesh Karthik Children||Son- Kabir & Zian (Twin Boys) (Born On 18 October 2021)|
|Parents||Father: Krishnakumar (worked as System Analyst)|
Mother: Padma (worked in ONGC)
|Sibling||Brother- Vinesh Sister- N/A|
|Dinesh Karthik Net Worth (2022)||12 Million USD|
Childhood & Early Life
Dinesh Karthik was born on 1 June 1985 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. Dinesh Karthik’s father Krishnakumar was a systems analyst and he was the first person who wanted to see his son as a cricketer. His mother Padma used to work in IDBI Bank. He also has a younger brother named Vinesh.
Talking about Dinesh Karthik’s studies, he has completed his studies from Don Bosco School, Chennai and St. Beds Anglo Indian Higher Secondary School.
Dinesh Karthik Domestic Cricket Career
- In 2002, Dinesh Karthik made his debut in domestic cricket playing for Tamil Nadu against Baroda. He played 5 matches in the season and scored 179 runs with a high score of 88. He also took 11 catches.
- He was selected for South Zone in the Duleep Trophy where he scored 180 runs in three matches with 3 fifties. But he was dropped from the state team after his poor performance.
- He was recalled in the 2003–04 Ranji season where he grabbed the opportunity with both hands and scored 438 runs with 2 centuries, including his maiden first-class century against Railways. He also took 20 catches.
- Due to his consistent performance, he was selected in the Under-19 Cricket World Cup in 2004 where he scored 2 half-centuries.
- In the 2008-09 season, Dinesh Karthik scored 1026 runs including 5 centuries and 2 half-centuries.
- In 2009-10, he scored 443 runs in 6 matches including 2 centuries.
- In the 2018–19 Deodhar Trophy, Dinesh Karthik captained India A and then he captained Tamil Nadu in the Syed Mushtaq Ali Trophy to help them win the tournament for the second time in history. He scored 183 runs in the tournament and was named as the captain of the tournament’s team.
Dinesh Karthik Domestic Cricket Career
- After some decent performances in the domestic circuit, Dinesh Karthik was selected in the Indian ODI squad for the NatWest series.
- Dinesh Karthik made his debut in international cricket on 5 September 2004 against England.
- In the same year, he made his international Test debut against Australia but scored only 14 runs in the match. However, his excellent wicketkeeping helped the Indian cricket team during the match.
- In the year 2005, he scored 93 runs against Pakistan and put India in a good position in the match against Pakistan but despite his excellent performance, MS Dhoni was replaced in the team.
- He made a Test comeback in 2007 and scored 63 against South Africa. However, he failed to score a big score in the ODI series of this match.
- Later in 2007, he was selected in the 2007 ICC World Cup, but was ruled out of the 2007 T20 World Cup due to poor performance that failed to score.
- After the 2007 T20 World Cup, he was selected as the opener batsman for the series against Bangladesh where he scored his maiden century. During the tour of England, he returned as the highest run-scorer for India in Tests.
- In 2018, he helped India in the final of the Nidahas Trophy by scoring 29 runs off just 8 balls.
- On July 6, 2019, he played the 150th international match for the national team.
Dinesh Karthik IPL Career
- Dinesh Karthik made his IPL debut for Delhi Daredevils in the year 2008. He was with Delhi for the first three seasons.
- In 2009, he scored 288 runs in 15 matches and took 17 catches.
- In 2011, he was bought by Kings XI Punjab but failed to perform well.
- In 2012, he was included in the team by Mumbai Indians and was part of the team that won the 2013 IPL trophy.
- He was picked up by Delhi Daredevils in 2014, then Royal Challengers Bangalore in 2015 and Gujarat Lions in 2016 and 2017.
- In 2018, he was bought by the Kolkata Knight Riders and was appointed the captain of the team.
- In TATA IPL 2022, he was bought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for a whopping sum of 5.50 crores.
Dinesh Karthik’s father was a tantra analyst and his name is Krishna Kumar. At the same time, his mother’s name is Padmini Krishna Kumar, who is a working woman. He also has a younger brother in Karthik’s family whose name is Vinesh. Karthik has married twice so far in his lifetime. His first wife’s name was Nikita.
After getting divorced in the year 2012, he took the hand of a girl named Dipika Pallikal in the year 2015. Deepika Pallikal is a squash player. She is the first Indian to break into the top 10 in the PSA Women’s rankings.
Dinesh Karthik Controversy
Dinesh Karthik First Wife
Karthik married his childhood friend in the year 2007. But their relationship did not last long and in the year 2012, his wife Nikita divorced him. At the same time, after divorcing, his wife married Indian team player Murali Vijay in the year 2012. After which Karthik had also decided to have a second marriage.
Some More Information About Dinesh Karthik
Dhoni was kept in place of Karthik – Dinesh Karthik was removed from the Indian team in the year 2004 due to poor performance and Dhoni was taken in his place in the team. It is worth noting that Dhoni also keeps wickets like Karthik. Although Karthik still plays for the Indian team.
He is also a part of Tamil Nadu Premier League – Karthik is also a part of the league in his state. In the year 2016, he participated in the Tamil Nadu Premier League for the Tuti Patriots team and was also the captain of this team.