Farhan Akhtar is an Indian Bollywood actor, director, producer, writer, playback singer. Well, Farhan is a multi-talented artist of Bollywood. Excellent in everything. In a very short span of time, Farahan has established himself in the film world with his hard work, and at the same time he is also a successful producer-director of Bollywood.
Farhan Akhtar Bio/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Farhan Akhtar|
|Profession||Actor, Producer, Director, Screenwriter, Singer|
|Debut Movie||(Director) Dil Chahta Hai (2001)|
(Actor) Rock On! (2008)
|Height||In Centimetre- 175 cm |
In Metre- 1.75 m
In Feet- 5’9”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 70 kg |
In Pound- 154 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 41 Inches|
Waist- 30 Inches
Biceps- 14 Inches
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Date Of Birth||9 January 1974|
|Farhan Akhtar Age (2022)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Home town||Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||Maneckji Cooper School, Mumbai, Maharashtra.|
|College/University||H.R. College Of Commerce & Economics, Mumbai (Drop Out)|
|Hobbies||Collecting Gadgets, Singing|
|Affairs/Girlfriend||Adhuna Bhabani (Hair Stylist)|
Shraddha Kapoor (Actress)
|Wife||Adhuna Bhabani |
|Farhan Akhtar Daughter||Shakya & Akira|
|Parents||Father- Javed Akhtar|
Mother- Honey Irani
Stepmother- Shabana Azmi
Sister- Joya Akhtar
|Net worth (2021)||N/A|
|Charges Per Movie||N/A|
Farhan was born on 9 January 1974 in Mumbai to Javed Akhtar. Javed Akhtar is a famous Bollywood writer, poet. His mother’s name is Honey Irani, who is a Bollywood actress. Farhan Akhtar is the grandson of famous Urdu poet Jaan-Nisar. Farhan Akhtar’s stepmother Shabana Azmi is also a well-known Bollywood actress. Farhan Akhtar has a sister- Zoya Akhtar who is a director and writer. Farhan Akhtar is the cousin of director-choreographer Farah Khan.
Farhan Akhtar is married to celebrity hairstylist Adhuna Akhtar, they also have two daughters – Shakya and Akira. They got divorced in the year 2016, currently Farhan is in a relationship with Shibani Dandekar. According to the news, both are going to get married soon.
Farhan Akhtar Career
Despite being from a film family, Farhan never took the help of his father or mother to establish himself in Bollywood. Farhan started his career as an assistant director at the age of 17, after which he formed his production house Excel Entertainment with his childhood friend Ritesh Sidhwani.
Akhtar made his directorial debut with the film Dil Chahta. The film received a lot of critics as well as several award nominations. Farah’s first directorial venture was written by her father Javed Akhtar. After this, Akhtar made a remake of the 1986 Amitabh Bachchan starrer film Don, in which Shahrukh Khan played the role. Yeh Phulam was one of the successful films of that year, from which Farhan Akhtar got recognition in Bollywood.
By now, Farhan Akhtar had made his entry in Bollywood as a director. After that he tried his luck in acting. Akhtar made his Bollywood debut with the film Rock On, produced by Excel Entertainment. Akhtar also made full use of singing in this film. Farhan was also honored with the National Award for the film Rock On.
His famous movies-
Dil Chahta Hai, Rock On Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Dil Dhadakne Do, Milkha Singh, Kartik Kalinga Karthik, Don, Shaadi Ke Side Effects, Rock On 2, Talaash, Fukrey, Luck By Chance,The Sky Is Pink, Toofaan
Some Facts About Farhan Akhtar
- Farhan Akhtar is a college dropout. He left college in his 2nd year of graduation to start his career in Bollywood.
- Farhan started out as an assistant director for ‘Lamhe’ starring Sridevi in 1991, and ‘Himalay Putra’ in 1997, then moved on to directorial debut with ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ in 2001. He then made his acting and singing debut in a musical film titled ‘Rock On’ in 2008.
- There is a funny story behind the making of ‘Dil Chahta Hai’. Farhan’s mother Honey Irani threatened to throw him out of the house because he was not doing anything. That is when Farhan decided to write the script for ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ and we are glad he did so!
- Farhan Akhtar received a National Award in 2002 for ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ which bagged the Best Feature Film honour.
- You won’t believe this, but, Farhan has apparently watched the cult classic ‘Sholay’ nearly 50 times, and doesn’t find it perfect. For him ‘Deewar’ is a much better film.
- Hollywood legend, American actor & producer Robert De Niro is Farhan Akhtar’s role model.
- Farhan is scared of cockroaches, so much so, that once he ran away during the narration of ‘Dil Chahta Hai’ and returned only after the cockroach was killed.
- Did you know that ‘Rang De Basanti’ was first offered to Farhan Akhtar, which he refused and the role later went to Aamir Khan. However, Farhan regrets not doing the film.
- Farhan charged a fee of just ₹11 for Milkha Singh’s biopic ‘Bhag Milkha Bhag’!