Ganesh Acharya is an Indian choreographer, film director and film actor. Who has choreographed for films like Bodyguard and Singham.
He has also appeared in several music videos for films. He made his debut as a film actor with the 2013 dance film ABCD: Any Body Can Dance.
Ganesha was born in India. Choreographer Ganesh prefers to keep his personal life away from limelight. He is also known for his style. He is impressing everyone with his videos at a very young age.
Recently a chargesheet has been filed by Mumbai Police against Bollywood choreographer Ganesh Acharya for harassment, stalking and voyeurism in a 2020 case filed by his co-dancer.
Ganesh Acharya regularly shares his fashionable outfits and modelling pictures on his Instagram.
Ganesh Acharya Biography & Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Ganesh Acharya|
|Profession||Choreographer, Film Director, Actor|
|Debut||Choreography: Anonymous (1992)|
Acting: Routhiram (2012)
Direction: Swami (2007)
|Ganesh Acharya Height||In Centimeter- 173 cm|
In Meter- 1.73 m
In Feet- 5’8”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 90 kg |
In Pound- 198 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 42 Inches|
Waist- 36 Inches
Biceps- 14 Inches
|Date Of Birth||14 June 1971|
|Ganesh Acharya Age (2022)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Gemini|
|Home town||Cuttack, Odisha|
|Educational Qualification||School Drop Out|
|Ganesh Acharya Wife||Vidhi Acharya|
|Children||Daughter– Soundarya Acharya|
|Parents||Father– Late Krishna Gopi|
Mother– Name Not Known
Sister– Kamla Nair
|Hobbies||Listing to music|
|Favourite Actress||Madhuri Dixit|
|Ganesh Acharya Net Worth (2022)||16 Million USD|
Family, Early Life and Education
Ganesh Acharya was born on 23 May 1971 in Chennai, Tamil Nadu. His father Krishna Gopi was a dancer and choreographer. At the age of 11, his father died, and the family fell into financial trouble.
To earn for his family, Ganesh dropped his studies and moved to Cuttack in Orissa where he learned dance from his sister.
Ganesh Acharya married Vidhi Acharya in November 2000. His wife is a film producer. Ganesh Acharya and Vidhi Acharya have a daughter named Soundarya Acharya.
Ganesh Acharya Career
- At the age of 12, Ganesh started his group dance and became a choreographer at the age of 19. Her first film was Anam which was released in 1992 at the age of 21.
- However, the song that gave him his first big break was “Husn Hai Suhana” from the movie “Coolie No. 1 (1995)”. His debut as a film director was with the 2007 film “Swami”.
- Since then, Ganesh has choreographed and directed several notable films including Rang De Basanti, Phir Hera Pheri, Golmaal, Omkara and Lage Raho Munna Bhai.
- His debut as an actor was with the film “Ghatak: Ghatak (1996)”, where he played a featured role in the song “Koi Jaaye To Le Aaye”. Her famous role was from the movie “ABCD (Any Body Can Dance)” in 2013.
- He also made a special appearance in the superhit Chinese film “Operation Mekong (2016)” as ‘Mr. Tsar’.
- Govinda is his favorite dancer, and his favorite actress is Madhuri Dixit. He has choreographed Govinda in almost all his films.
- Ganesh has choreographed many famous songs including Aisa Jadoo Dala Re and Chikni Chameli.
- Govinda is his favorite Bollywood actor, and Madhuri is his favorite actress. Ganesh has choreographed Govinda in almost all his films.
Ganesh Acharya Weight Loss
Ganesh Acharya managed to lose 85 kgs in 2017 in a span of 1.5 years. The choreographer once said that her weight loss has helped her feel the difference.
Ganesh regularly posts pictures and videos of his intense workout routine on Instagram.
Controversies of Ganesh Acharya
Ganesh’s life is surrounded by controversies so far all the controversies are explained below.
Accused of misbehaviour by actress Tanushree Dutta
After the #MeToo movement in India, Tanushree Dutta claimed that Nana Patekar abused her on the sets of “Horn OK Please (2009)”.
She even claimed that all the directors, producers, including choreographer Ganesh, gangraped him.
Later, Ganesh defends himself and Nana Patekar; He said that there was no violence or misbehaviour on the sets. He said that Nana could never do this as he was a very dear person. There were even reports of complaints being filed against Nana and Ganesh.
Stopped the shooting of the film for three hours –
Ganesh Acharya once filed a complaint against members of the Cine Artists Association, Gangeshwar Srivastava, BN Tiwari and Ashok Dubey, for stopping the shooting of a film for three hours.
According to Ganesh, he was in support of the group of dancers who were protesting after the association failed to pay the fees.
Some members of the association stopped the shooting for three hours and threatened them not to allow them to shoot any more for supporting the dancers.
Forcing dancer partner to have sex with –
An FIR has been registered by Mumbai Police against Bollywood choreographer Ganesh Acharya for harassment, stalking in a 2020 case filed by his co-dancer.
The complainant alleged that Ganesh Acharya harassed her after she turned down her sexual proposal, and accused her of making obscene remarks, showing her obscene and molesting her.
Ganesh Acharya had reportedly told his dancer partner in 2019 that if she wanted to be successful, she would have to have sex with him, which he refused.
Six months later, the Indian Film and Television Choreographers Association terminated his membership. When he protested against Acharya’s actions at a meeting in 2020, the choreographer allegedly abused him and his assistants assaulted him.
Ganesh Acharya’s Awards
- Best Choreography for “Masto Ka Jhooth” in the film Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013) in 2014
- Best Choreography for “Gori Tu Lath Maar” in the movie Toilet – Ek Prem Katha (2017) in 2018
- Best Choreography for “Beedi” in the movie “Omkara (2006)” in 2007
- Best Choreography for “Malhari” in the movie “Bajirao Mastani (2015)” in 2015
Who is the wife of Ganesh Acharya?
When was Ganesh Acharya married?
in the year 2000
What is the weight of Ganesh Acharya?