Himesh Reshammiya is an Indian playback singer, music director, songwriter, film & music producer and actor in Bollywood. He started his career as music director in the film Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya in 1998 and made his acting debut with the film Aap Kaa Surroor in 2007
Himesh Reshammiya Bio/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Himesh Reshammiya|
|Nick Name||Himesh Bhai, HR|
|Profession||Actor, Music Director, Singer, Director, Producer|
|Debut||Film- Aap Kaa Surroor (2007)|
Music- Bandhan (1998)
|Height||In Centimeter- 170 cm|
In Meter- 1.70 m
In Feet- 5’7”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 70 kg |
In Pound- 154 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 40 Inches |
Waist- 32 Inches
Biceps- 14 Inches
|Himesh Reshammiya DOB||23 July 1973|
|Himesh Reshammiya Age (2021)||51 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Home town||Bhavnagar, Gujrat, India|
|School||Hill Grange High School, Mumbai|
|Affairs/Girlfriend||Sonia Kapoor (Actress)|
|HImesh Reshammiya Wife||Komal (Marriage: 1995, Divorce: 2017)|
Sonia Kapoor (Marriage: 2018)
|Children||Himesh Reshammiya Son- Swayam|
|Parents||Father- Vipin Reshammiya (Music Director)|
Mother- Madhu Reashammiya (Homemaker)
|Sibling||Brother- Name Not Known|
|Himesh Reshammiya Net worth (2021)||10 Million USD|
|Charges Per Movie||15 to 20 Lakh INR|
Family, Early Life and Education
Himesh Reshammiya was born in Mumbai to Vipin Reshammiya, an Indian music composer, and Madhu Reshammiya, on 23 July 1973. At the age of 21, Reshammiya married Komal and they have a son named Swayam. On 12 September 2016, it was reported that Himesh and Komal mutually agreed to separate and file for divorce. On 11 May 2018, Himesh married his long-time girlfriend, actress Sonia Kapoor.
Himesh Reshammiya Career
Reshammiya began producing TV series such as Andaz, Ahha, Aman, Aashiqui, Amar Prem and Jaan on Zee TV. He also composed title tracks for some of these shows.
Reshammiya made his debut as a music composer with the Salman Khan film Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya, composing two songs for the project: “Pyaar Kiya To Darna Kya” and “Tum Par Hum Hai Aatke”. Both songs became hits.
His first movie as a solo composer was another Salman Khan production, Dulhan Hum Le Jayenge. Reshammiya gained some prominence when he composed music for Humraaz. This earned him a nomination for Filmfare Award for Best Music Direction.
Reshammiya gained more prominence when he composed songs for another Salman Khan film, Tere Naam (2003), for which he won several accolades, including the Zee Cine Award for Best Music Director and Screen Award for Best Music Director.
At this point, he also began working as a playback singer with the song “Aashiq Banaya Aapne”, which earned him numerous awards, including Filmfare Award for Best Male Playback Singer, IIFA Award for Best Male Playback, and Zee Cine Award for Best Male Playback Singer.
On 4 November 2013, it was announced that Reshammiya would be acting in and producing a movie named The Xposé.
On June 5th 2021, Reshammiya launched his music label Himesh Reshammiya Melodies and announced his studio album “Surroor 2021”, the second album of Surroor franchise to be released after 2006. Surroor 2021 The Album garnered more than 200 Million views on YouTube and more than 50 Million audio streams on various platforms
Some Facts About Himesh Reshammiya
- Himesh did his schooling at Hill Grange School in Peddar Road area, Mumbai.
- He lost his elder brother at the age of 11, and decided to take up music as his career after the incident, to fulfill his father’s wishes.
- At the age of 16 and before Himesh went into music direction, he produced television serials for Zee TV which included serials such as Andaz & Amar Prem.
- At the age of 21, Himesh married Komal and they have a son, named Swayam, born in 1997. His family, including his parents, avoid media attention. He and his estranged wife Komal ended their 22 years of marriage in 2017.
- Himesh has the record of composing 36 hits in a single year. His music has it’s own unique style of composition which is based on a fusion of Western and Indian classical music with catchy techno beats.
- Himesh Reshammiya gave Mika his first ever break in Bollywood but somehow that song wasn’t released.
- Himesh’s Gharana has won 2 consecutive Saregamapa Challenge events held in 2007 and 2008.
- Himesh had vowed not to work with Vikram Bhatt after Red – The Dark Side, as Vikram lied to him about the script.
- Aap Kaa Surroor album with 12 songs was topping the charts for a year, this is one of the the highest selling music albums in India. It made Reshammiya a sensation.