Jaikishan Kakubhai i.e. Jackie Shroff is an Indian film actor. Jackie Shroff, who started his career with modeling, made his film debut in 1983 with Subhash Ghai in the film “Hero” opposite Meenakshi Seshadri. Jackie Shroff has acted in about two hundred and fifty films in 13 languages. He started an entertainment company with his wife. He has been awarded the Filmfare Award four times.
Jackie Shroff’s Bio
|Real Name/ Birth Name||Jai Kishan Kakabai Shroff|
|Nick Name||Jaggu Dada|
|Profession||Model, Actor, Film Producer|
|Height||6 Feet183 cm|
|Body Measurement||Chest- 42 InchesWaist- 34 InchesBiceps- 14 Inches|
|Eye Color||Dark Browne|
|Born||1 February 1957 (Friday)|
|Birth Place||Udgir, Maharashtra, India|
|Home Towm||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Children||Son- Tiger ShroffDaughter- Karishma Shroff|
|Parents||Father- Kakabhai Haribhai Shroff (Gujarati)Mother- Rita Shroff (Turkish)|
|Siblings||Hemant Shroff Died in 1967 at the age of 17|
|Movies Debut-||Hindi Film- Swami Dada-1982|
Bhojpuri Film- Hum Haeen Khalnayak-2004
Bengali Film- Antarmahal-2005
Kannada Film- C/o Footpath-2006
Telugu Film- Asthram-2006
Marathi Film- Rita-2009
Punjabi Film- Mummy Punjabi-2011
Tamil Film- Aarayana Kaandam-2011
Oriya Film-Daha Balunga-2013
Konkani Film- Soul Curry-2017
Gujrati Film-Ventilator- 2018
|Television Debut-||India’s Magic Star (2010)|
|Net Worth||$26 Million|
- Jackie Shroff’s full name is Jaikishan Kakubhai Shroff. He was born in Udgir in Latur district of Maharashtra.
- Born on 1 February 1957, Jackie has been active in Bollywood for 38 years.
- Jackie has shown acting skills in more than two hundred films made in 9 languages.
- His father Kakabhai Haribhai Shroff was a Gujarati and his mother Rita was a Turk from Kazakhstan.
- Jackie lived in the Teen Batti area of Malabar Hill, Mumbai.
- Before becoming an actor and model, Jackie was a local goon. He was known as Jaggu Dada.
- Jackie Shroff arrived to watch the shooting of Dev Anand’s film ‘Swami Dada’ (1982). He stood out in the crowd. Dev Saheb’s eyes fell on Jackie. He called Jackie and asked to do a small role. Jackie agreed and in this way he appeared on the big screen for the first time.
- Troubled by Star Sons, Subhash Ghai thought of making a film with a new face as a hero. He made Jackie Shroff the hero of ‘Hero’ (1983).
- Subhash Ghai found the name Jaikishan old and big. He called it ‘Jackie’.
- Jackie Shroff married his girlfriend Ayesha Dutt on 5 June 1987.
- His son Tiger Shroff is also Famous in Bollywood and made a successful career. They also have a daughter Krishna Shroff.
- Jackie and his wife Ayesha run a media company named Shroff Entertainment Limited.
- Jackie and his wife Ayesha Shroff owned 10 percent shares of Sony TV for about 15 years. Which he sold in 2012.
- Jackie has also become a judge of a magic show on TV.
- Jackie’s father was a famous astrologer. In Jackie’s childhood, he had predicted his son would become a big star.
- According to Jackie Shroff his brother was the real goon of Chaal. He used to help poor people. Jackie’s brother, at an early age, jumped into the sea to save someone even though he could not swim. He drowned in front of Jackie.
- Jackie Shroff was very interested in cooking. He wanted to learn to work as a chef at Hotel Taj but could not do so due to lack of a degree.
- Jackie Shroff tried to become a flight attendant in Air India but his low education became a hindrance.
- Jackie Shroff was waiting for the bus at a bus stop when a man asked him to do modeling? Jackie asked, ‘Paisa Dega Kya’ and thus his stardom began.
- Jackie Shroff’s wife Ayesha is from the royal family. When Jackie and Ayesha saw each other for the first time on a bus, Ayesha was only 13 years old.
- Jackie Shroff is a man with a heart that is why he is popular in Bollywood. Knowing that he did many films as a help to the producers, it could have a bad effect on his career. His catchphrase is ‘Bhidu’
- 1990: Won: Filmfare Award for Best Actor – Parinda
- 1995: Won: Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award – 1942: A Love Story
- 1996: Won: Filmfare Best Supporting Actor Award – Rangeela
- 2007: Special Honour Jury Award for outstanding contribution to Indian cinema
- 2011: Won: Vikatan Awards for Best Villain – Aaranya Kaandam
- 2014: Won: The Original Rockstar
- 2016: Won: HT Most Stylish Living Legend Award.
- 2017: Won: Raj Kapoor Award – Received by yesteryear actress Rakhee Gulzar
- 2017: Won: Received the 20th anniversary of JP Dutta’s Border movie Award
- 2017: Won: Recipient of National Award-Hindi Cinema Gaurav Samman at Vigyan Bhawan
- 2018: Won: Filmfare Short Film Award for Best Actor — Khujli
- 2018: Won: Best Actor Award for the Konkani film Soul Curry at Goa State Awards ceremony.
Jackie Shroff has always kept away from controversies, he does not involve himself in any kind of false statements.