Jackie Tohn is an American actress and musician. She is best known for playing Melanie “MelRose” Rosen on the Netflix series GLOW, and for taking part in American Idol season 8, making it to Top 36 (the Semi-finals). She also took part in the 2011 songwriting competition series Platinum Hit on the Bravo network.
Jackie Tohn Biography/ Wiki
|Full Name||Jackie Tohn|
|Famous For||She is best known for playing Melanie “MelRose” Rosen on the Netflix series GLOW, and for taking part in American Idol season 8, making it to Top 36 (the Semi-finals).|
|Jackie Tohn Debut||Movie- Dawg (2002)|
Television- The Nanny (1994, 1996)
|Jackie Tohn Height||In Centimeter- 165 cm |
In Meter- 1.65 m
In Feet- 5’5”
|Jackie Tohn Weight||In Kilogram- 49 kg|
In Pound- 110 lbs
|Eye Color||Light Brown|
|Hair Color||Blonde (dyed)|
|Date Of Birth||August 25, 1980|
|Jackie Tohn Age (2022)||42 Years|
|Birthplace||Oceanside, New York, United States|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Virgo|
|Home town||Oceanside, New York, United States|
|School||Oceanside High School|
|College/University||University of DelawareSanta Monica College|
|Marital Status||Unmarried (Single)|
|Jackie Tohn Parents||Father-Alan Tohn Mother- Bella Tohn|
|Sibling||Brother- 2 (Name Not Known)|
|Hobbies||Singing, Playing the guitar, and writing music|
|Jackie Tohn Net Worth (2022)||1.5 Million USD|
Tohn was born on 25 August 1980 and raised in a Jewish family in Oceanside, Long Island, New York, to physical education teachers Alan and Bella Tohn. She has two older brothers.
Tohn began acting professionally while still a grade school student. She was a student at Boardman Middle School. After high school, she attended the University of Delaware and majored in elementary education, and in the fall of 1998 was in the a cappella group the Deltones.
- Tohn’s onscreen debut was made at age 10, with an extra role on the PBS children’s series Ghostwriter. Her first credited role was on the CBS sitcom The Nanny.
- Tohn was a contestant on season eight of American Idol and made it to the top-34. Tohn was also featured on hip-hop artist Gotham Green’s single “Been Doin’ It”.
- In 2009, Tohn appeared on the eighth season of American Idol and made it through to the Hollywood rounds. She advanced through the Hollywood rounds, making the Top 36 for season 8 and was in the first group of 12 to perform. She performed “A Little Less Conversation” from Elvis Presley during Top 36 (Group 1) under the theme Billboard Hot 100 Hits to Date and was eliminated without advancing to the finals.
- In 2011, she appeared on the songwriting-competition reality show Platinum Hit on the American cable network Bravo as one of 12 aspiring songwriters. She reached 7th place. In 2013, Tohn appeared on House of Lies.
- In 2016, she was cast in the Netflix series GLOW.
- In 2019, Tohn appeared in Epic Rap Battles of History portraying Joan Rivers in the episode “George Carlin vs Richard Pryor”. In 2019, Tohn was the host of The Howard Stern Show Sternthology’s week-long show.
- Tohn is a judge on the 2020 Netflix cooking competition show Best Leftovers Ever! alongside Rosemary Shrager and David So.
- In 2021, Tohn co-created and starred in Do, Re & Mi, an animated series produced by Gaumont for Amazon Prime Video.
Things You Didn’t know about Jackie Tohn
- She was born and raised in Oceanside. It’s in Long Island, New York. She spent her time there with her mom and dad and her two older brothers.
- She graduated from the University of Delaware.
- She was only 10 when she began her acting career. She had a part as an extra in a show called “Ghostwriter,” at that time. If you remember correctly, it is a show that was on PBS and designed just for kids. She knew then she loved the acting business.
- It was 1999 when she and her mother made the decision to move to LA. She’d just finished a one-act play, and her agent thought it might be good for them to move to LA and start working there. She did, and she was given a role in a production there right away.
- She actually already had an EP out. “The Golden Girl,” was the EP she released in 2005. However, she wanted more exposure, so she tried out for American Idol. She actually made it to the Hollywood week and into the Top 36. She did not make it any further than that, however. It was the season Kris Allen took home the title of winner.
- There was a time when she was linked to a very famous man. She and Jason Mraz were in a relationship for some time, but things did not work out. Their romance was sometime in the mid-2000s, and they were able to keep their relationship as private as possible since neither are exactly the outgoing and always in the press type.