James Patterson is an American author and philanthropist. Among his works are the Alex Cross, Michael Bennett, Women’s Murder Club, Maximum Ride, Daniel X, NYPD Red, Witch and Wizard, and Private series, as well as many stand-alone thrillers, non-fiction, and romance novels.
In 2016, Patterson topped Forbes’ list of highest-paid authors for the third consecutive year, with an income of $95 million. His total income over a decade is estimated at $700 million.
In November 2015, Patterson received the Literarian Award from the National Book Foundation, which cited him as a “passionate campaigner to make books and reading a national priority. A generous supporter of universities, teachers colleges, independent bookstores, school libraries, and college students , Patterson has donated millions of dollars in grants and scholarships with the purpose of encouraging Americans of all ages to read more books.”
James Patterson Bio/Wiki
|James Patterson Full Name||James Brendan Patterson|
|Profession||Author and Philanthropist|
|James Patterson Debut Novel||The Thomas Berryman Number (1976)|
|Genre||Mystery, young adult fiction, thriller, comedy, realistic fiction, romance, science fiction|
|Notable Work||Alex Cross series Women’s Murder Club series, Maximum Ride series, Michael Bennett series, Middle School series, Funny series.|
|James Patterson Height||In Centimeter- 175 cm |
In Meter- 1.75
In Feet- 5’9”
|Date Of Birth||22 March 1947 (Saturday)|
|James Patterson Age (2022)||75 Years|
|Birthplace||Newburgh, New York, U.S.|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Aries|
|Home town||Lake Worth Beach in Palm Beach County, Florida.|
|College/University||Manhattan CollegeVanderbilt University|
|Educational Qualification||MA English|
|James Patterson Wife||Susan Patterson|
|Children||Son- Jack Patterson|
|Parents||Father- Charles Patterson|
Mother- Isabelle Patterson
|James Patterson Net Worth (2022)||700 Million USD|
Early Life and Education
Patterson was born on March 22, 1947, in Newburgh, New York, the son of Isabelle (Morris), a homemaker and teacher, and Charles Patterson, an insurance broker.
He graduated summa cum laude with both a B.A. in English from Manhattan College and an M.A. in English from Vanderbilt University.
Patterson, his wife, Susan, nicknamed “Sue”, and their son, Jack, live in Lake Worth Beach in Palm Beach County, Florida. In 2015, Patterson established the James Patterson Pledge with Scholastic Book Clubs to put books in the hands of young readers
- Although Patterson wrote even before becoming a dedicated writer, he became a full time writer after retiring from the advertising business in 1985. His first book, The Thomas Berryman Number was published in 1976.
- Patterson introduced FBI Agent and forensic psychologist Alex Cross for the first time in his bestselling novel Along Came a Spider published in 1993.
- Some more famous titles from the Alex Cross series include Kiss The Girls (1995), Pop Goes the Weasel (1999), Violets are Blue (2001), Mary, Mary (2005), and Cross (2006).
- In addition to being immensely popular, this series has also been the top-selling investigative series for 10 years. Patterson has often collaborated with other writers and co-authored books with authors such as Maxine Paetro, Andrew Gross, and Peter De Jonge.
- In 2019, Patterson was awarded a National Humanities Medal. He appeared on the Fox TV show The Simpsons (in the episode “Yokel Chords”) and in various episodes of Castle as himself.
- Having sold more novels than that of Stephen King, John Grisham and Dan Brown combined; James Patterson is the single most selling author of 63 hardcover titles according to The New York Times, holding the same status in The Guinness World Records.
- In addition to The New York Times, Patterson’s books have also appeared on the NovelTracker’s top-ten. His literary efforts have been acknowledged by the Edgar Award, the Children’s Choice Book Award, the BCA Mystery Guild’s Thriller of the Year and the International Thriller of the Year Award.