Jennifer Lawrence is an American film and television actress. He has had lead roles in TBS’s The Bill Engwall Show and the independent films The Burning Plain and Winter’s Bone. For which she received critical acclaim and an Academy Award nomination for Best Actress.
She is one of the highest paid actresses in the world as of 2016 American actress. Currently ruling Hollywood. She has been nominated four times for an Academy Award for taking home the Oscar in the category of ‘Actress in a Leading Role’ for the film ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ in just 22 years. She is the second youngest actress to receive an Oscar
Jennifer Lawrence Biography & Wiki
|Jennifer Lawrence Full Name||Jennifer Shrader Lawrence|
|Nick Name||Jen, JLaw|
|Famous For||Ree Dollar in Winter’s Bone|
|Jennifer Lawrence Debut||Film– Garden Party (2008)|
TV– Company Town (2006)
Music Video– The Mess I Made (2010)
|Jennifer Lawrence Physical Stat|
|Jennifer Lawrence Height||In Centimeter- 175 cm|
In Meter- 1.75 m
In Feet- 5’9”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 63 Kg |
In Pound- 139 lbs
|Jennifer Lawrence Body Measurement||35-26-36|
|Jennifer Lawrence Personal Life|
|Date Of Birth||15 August 1990|
|Jennifer Lawrence Age (2022)||32 Years|
|Birthplace||Indian Hills, Louisville, Kentucky, US|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Leo|
|Home town||Louisville, Kentucky, US|
|School||Kammerer Middle School, Louisville|
|Educational Qualification||High School|
|Affairs/Boyfriend||Nicholas Hoult (Actor) (2010-2014)|
Darren Aronofsky (Filmmaker) (2016-2017)
Cooke Maroney (Art Gallery Director)
|Jennifer Lawrence Husband||Cooke Maroney (Art Gallery Director)|
|Jennifer Lawrence Marriage Date||19 October 2019|
|Parents||Father– Gary Lawrene (Was a Construction Worker and owned a concrete construction firm Lawrence & Associates)|
Mother– Karen Lawrence (Children’s Camp Manager)
|Sibling||Brother– Ben and Blaine (Both older)Sister- None|
|Hobbies||Playing Guitar, Painting, Surfing|
|Favorite Food||Junk Food (Nachos especially)|
|Favorite Color||Gold & Blue|
|Favorite Movies||Pan’s Labyrinth, I Heart Huckabees, Midnight In Paris, Harold & Maude|
|Favorite Music||The Paramor, The Black Keys, Mumford & Sons, Beatles|
|Actress||Meryl Streep, Laura Linney, Cate Blanchett|
|Book||We Need to talk about Kevin, Raise high the roof beam, The Rum Diary, The other Boleyn Girl|
|Jennifer Lawrence Net worth||160 Million USD|
Childhood & Early Life
She was born in Indian Hills, Kentucky on 15th August 1990. Her father, Gary was a construction worker and her mother, Karen was the manager at a summer camp.
Her childhood involved her two brothers, Ben and Blaine. She hardly ever played with girls and was a tomboy. Not finding herself fitting in with the rest of her classmates, she developed anxiety.
There was only one place where she felt she shone the best – on stage. She loved acting and would participate in numerous plays in church and school.
While holidaying in New York, she was spotted by a photographer who made arrangements with ad and television agencies for her. She was only fourteen, hence her mother was skeptical and objected a career in acting.
Finally with perseverance, she requested her mother to sign her on with the CESD Talent Agency. Her parents agreed but the condition placed before her was that she must first graduate from high school. She ended up graduating two years before the completion of high school to pursue her career.
Jennifer Lawrence Personal Life
While filming X-Men: First Class in 2010, Lawrence began a relationship with her co-star Nicholas Hoult. It ended around the time they wrapped filming X-Men: Days of Future Past in 2014
In September 2016, he began dating filmmaker Darren Aronofsky after he met during the filming of Mother!. They broke up in November 2017.
In 2018, she began a relationship with Cooke Maroney, an art gallery director. They became engaged in February 2019 and married that October in Rhode Island.
In September 2021, she announced that she was expecting her first child with Maroney.
Jennifer Lawrence Career
She got her breakthrough in 2006, when she appeared in the television show ‘Company Town’. Following her television debut she starred in many sitcoms in minor guest roles.
Her character ‘Lauren’ in ‘The Bill Engvall Show’ landed her a television series that ran for three seasons. She was critically acclaimed by prestigious magazines and received her first award for her performance in the show.
In 2008, her debut film ‘Garden Party’ was launched. The same year Guillermo Arriaga signed her own for ‘The Burning Pain’. Her portrayal of the eldest daughter of a drug addict mother in ‘The Poker House’ sealed her fate in the industry.
In 2010, she acted in ‘Winter’s Bone’, her performance as a helpless yet dauntless seventeen year old girl took her talent to the Oscars, where she was nominated as ‘Best Actress’, though she didn’t win the award, her nomination was enough to get her career in the spotlight.
After acting in ‘Like Crazy’ and ‘The Beaver’, she was offered ‘X-Men: First Class’ in 2011 by Matthew Vaughn. She perfectly portrayed the limitations and prowess that the character required.
Following the X-Men feat,she was offered a film series that placed her amongst the elite of the industry. ‘The Hunger Games’ in which she plays ‘Everdeen’ a film set in a post-apocalyptic future, was just the tip of the iceberg.
The role was demanding physically for which she trained in yoga, archery, tree climbing and combat. Initially she was hesitant but with the support of her mother she pushed her limits.
- After receiving accolades for her fabulous projection of an action star in X-Men and Hunger Games, she took on a more sober role with a character named ‘Tiffany Maxwell’ in the romantic drama ‘Silver Linings Playbook’.
- David O. Russell signed her on after she auditioned for him over ‘Skype’. He shared his inhibitions about her being too young for such a complex role, but she convinced him that she could do the part.
- Sticking by her word, she delivered an outstanding performance in the movie and won an Oscar for the ‘Best Performance as an Actress in a Leading Role’.
- The sequel to the ‘Hunger Games’ series, ‘The Hunger Games: Catching Fire’ earned almost 865 million dollars at the box office, becoming her highest gross release.
- In 2013, her performance in ‘American Hustle’ as the neurotic wife, ‘Rosalyn Rosenfeld’, once again won her many awards in the category of a supporting actress, including a nomination at the Oscars.
Jennifer Lawrence Major Works
- Her roles in ‘Silver Linings Playbook’, ‘Hunger Games’ and ‘Joy’ have left a lasting impression on the world of cinema. All three movies have spanned different times in her career so far, with ‘Joy’ being her latest release, indicating a steady graph.
- Lawrence has extended support to several charitable programs such as ‘Feeding America’, Thirst Project’ and ‘Do Something’. In 2015, she raised funds for ‘Special Olympics World Summer Games’ by screening ‘Serena’.
Awards and Honors
- She won the most distinguished award as an actress by earning herself an Oscar for her role in ‘Silver Linings Playbook’, critics all over the globe praised her acting skills naming her the best performer of the current generation.
- She received the Golden Globe Award in two categories. In 2012 and 2015 she won “Best Actress” for ‘Silver Linings Playbook’ and ‘Joy’ respectively. 2013 saw her receiving Best Actress in Supporting Role for the film, ‘American Hustle’.
- In her career she has earned six People’s Choice Awards for ‘X-Men’ and the ‘Hunger Games’, a Satellite Award and Saturn Award.
Some Facts About Jennifer Lawrence
- Various magazines have given her many titles for her hot personality.
- She was considered the “most talkative” in the class.
- Lawrence is considered a force and influence in the Hollywood film industry.
- People magazine listed her as one of the most beautiful people in the world in 2010.
- In 2013, he was named one of the 100 Most Influential People by Time magazine.
- Jennifer is the youngest actress to have won four nominations for Academy Awards.
- She is also a passionate animal lover.
- Lawrence suffered from hyperactivity and social anxiety as a child.
- She has millions of followers under her Instagram account.
Who is Jennifer Lawrence?
Jennifer Shrader Lawrence is an American actress.
What is Jennifer Lawrence’s biggest controversy so far?
There was criticism for wearing the sexiest dress in the cold.
Where was Jennifer Lawrence born?
August 15, 1990 (Indian Hills, Louisville, Kentucky, U.S.)
What is the name of Jennifer Lawrence’s husband?
What is the height of Jennifer Lawrence?
5 Feet 9 inches