JP Nadda is an Indian lawyer and politician serving as the president of the Bharatiya Janata Party since 20 January 2020. He was the BJP’s working president from June 2019 to January 2020.
Nadda is the former Union Minister of Health and Family Welfare,and member of Rajya Sabha from Himachal Pradesh and Parliamentary Board Secretary of Bharatiya Janata Party. Earlier, he was a Minister in Himachal Pradesh Government.
JP Nadda Biography & Wiki
|JP Nadda Full Name||Jagat Prakash Nadda|
|Profession||Politician & Lawyer|
|Political Party||Bhartiya Janta Party|
|JP Nadda Address||Office– BJP Central Office 6-A, Pandit Deen Dayal Upadhyay Marg, New Delhi-110002 India|
Residence– 7-B, Motilal Nehru Marg, New Delhi.
|JP Nadda Height||In Centimeter- 165 cm|
In Meter- 1.65 m
In Feet- 5’5”
|Date Of Birth||2 December 1960 (Friday)|
|JP Nadda Age (2022)||62 Years|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Sagittarius|
|Home town||Patna, Bihar|
|School||St. Xavier’s High School, Patna|
|College/University||Patna College, BiharHimachal Pradesh University, Shimla|
|Educational Qualification||BA from Patna CollegeLLB from Himachal Pradesh University|
|JP Nadda Caste||Bramhin|
|JP Nadda Wife||Mallika Nadda|
Harish Chandra Nadda
Girish Chandra Nadda
|Parents||Father– Dr. Narain Lall Nadda (Former Vice Chancellor Of Patna University)|
Mother– Krishna Nadda
Family, Early Life and Education
Jagat Prakash Nadda, who belongs to a Brahmin family, was born on 2 December 1960 in Patna, the capital of Bihar. Jagat Prakash Nadda has done his early education and BA degree from Patna College. At the same time, he has obtained LLB degree from Himachal Pradesh University.
Jagat Prakash Nadda’s father and mother’s name are Dr Narayan Lal Nadda and Krishna Nadda. Nadda’s father Narayan Lal Nadda was the Vice Chancellor of Patna University. In 1991, Jagat Prakash Nadda married Mallika Nadda, who works as a professor in Himachal Pradesh University. At the same time, Mallika Nadda’s father has been a Lok Sabha MP from Jabalpur. Jagat Prakash Nadda and Mallika Nadda have two children.
JP Nadda Career
- Nadda was first elected to the Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly in the election of 1993 from Bilaspur. He was re-elected in 1998.
- During his first term, he served as the Leader of his party group in the Himachal Pradesh Legislative Assembly, from 1994 to 1998. He was the Minister of Health and Family Welfare and Parliamentary Affairs during his second term.
- Nadda was elected for another term in the 2007 elections. After Prem Kumar Dhumal formed a government, he inducted Nadda into his cabinet, as cabinet minister responsible for Forest, Environment, Science and Technology, from 2008 to 2010.
- Nadda did not seek re-election to the Legislative Assembly in 2012, and instead got elected to Rajya Sabha, Indian Parliament’s upper chamber. In 2014, during a cabinet reshuffle, Prime Minister Narendra Modi made Nadda, the Minister of Health.
- Nadda was appointed as the national working president of the BJP in June 2019. On 20 January 2020, he was elected unanimously as the BJP National President, a role he took from Amit Shah.
- In January 2021 in Bardhaman, West Bengal, Nadda started a new scheme Ek Muthi Chaawal Yojana.
JP Nadda Controversy
Controversy over the place in the cabinet
Jagat Prakash Nadda was chosen by Modi in 2014 as a minister in his cabinet. Prime Minister Narendra Modi has handed over the reins of the country’s health ministry to Nadda. Before JP Nadda, Dr Harsh Vardhan had the entire responsibility of handling this ministry. (To The Point with Health Minister JP Nadda) At the same time, there was a lot of controversy regarding this new responsibility given to Nadda by the government. Where Dr Harsh Vardhan was shocked by this decision of BJP. At the same time, the Aam Aadmi Party had raised many questions on this decision of Modi. The Aam Aadmi Party had alleged that Nadda was behind the removal of AIIMS Chief Vigilance Officer Sanjeev Chaturvedi. It is worth mentioning that Chaturvedi had recommended a CBI inquiry into the scams involving top AIIMS officials. After which Nadda recommended the removal of Harsh Vardhan.
Controversy over NEET Exam
In the year 2016, there was a lot of uproar over a decision taken by Union Health Minister JP Nadda on NEET exam. In fact, according to an ordinance related to the NEET exam made by the government, all private medical colleges and institutions were taken under the purview of NEET. Which was opposed a lot. (JP Nadda press meet on NEET Ordinance)
Some Facts About JP Nadda
- Nadda entered politics in the year 1975 by joining Sampurna Kranti Movement started by Jayaprakash Narayan against then prime minister Indira Gandhi.
- Later he joined ABVP (Youth wing of Bharatiya Janata Party) in Patna University and entered student politics.
- Nadda completed his Bachelor of Laws (LL.B) degree from the Himachal University.
- Being sports enthusiast Nadda represent Bihar in a swimming championship held at Delhi, during his school days.
- Nadda organizing an anti-government campaign against the ruling Congress Party in 1987. As a result, he faced 45-day detention.
- J P became National President of Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha at the young age of 31 years in 1991.
- Nadda fought assembly elections from Himachal Pradesh and won three times. He has been a Cabinet Minister in the Himachal for three terms – from 1993 to1998, 1998 to 2003 and then during 2007-2012 which was a great achievement.
- In 2014, he was selected Minister of Heath and Family Welfare by ruling Modi led NDA Govt.
- In 2019, J P became working president of Bhartiya Janata Party. (Speech)