Kajol is a very popular Indian film actress. Due to her acting, she gained a lot of popularity not only in India but also abroad. She was once seen as the most expensive actress in Hindi cinema. Apart from Hindi films, She has also made her debut in Tamil films.
She has garnered a huge amount of popularity in a very short span of time. She has also won many honors due to her contribution to Hindi cinema. She has been honored with Padma Shri in 2011 by the Government of India.
|Real Name/Full Name||Kajol Mukherjee|
|Debut Movie||Bekhudi (1992)|
|Height||In Centimeter- 161 cm|
In Meter- 1.61 m
In Feet- 5’3” Feet
|Weight||In Kilogram- 57 kg|
In Pound- 126 lbs
|Date Of Birth||5 August 1974|
|Kajol Age (2022)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Home town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||St. Joseph’s Convent School, Panchgani, Maharashtra.|
|Affairs/Boyfriend||Karthik (South Indian Actor)|
Ajay Devgan (Bollywood Actor)
|Kajol’s Husband||Ajay Devgan|
Marriage Date 24 February 1999
|Children||Daughter- Nysa Devgan|
Son- Yug Devgan
|Parents||Father- Late Shomu Mukherjee (Filmmaker)|
Mother- Tanuja (Actress)
Sister- Tanisha Mukherjee
|Net worth (2021)||16 Million USD|
|Charges Per Movie||4 to 5 Crore INR|
Kajol’s Family & Husband
Kajol was born on 05 August 1974 in Mumbai, Maharashtra. Kajol’s father’s name was Late Shomu Mukherjee, he was a filmmaker by profession. Her mother’s name is ‘Tanuja’ and she has been an actress. Kajol also has a sister named Tanisha Mukherjee. Tanisha is also an actress by profession. Actress Rani Mukherjee, Sharbina Mukherjee, and Mohnish Behl are her cousins.
Kajol and Ajay Devgan married each other on 24 February 1999. They both have a daughter and a son. Kajol’s daughter’s name is Nysa Devgan and her son’s name is Yug Devgan.
Kajol’s Early Life and Education
She did her schooling at St. Joseph’s Convent School, Maharashtra but she left her schooling midway to start her acting journey. Apart from acting, She was also very fond of dancing during her school days.
She started her acting career at the age of 16. Kajol’s first film was released in the year 1992 and was named Bekhudi.
In 1993, she came in the name of Baazigar, which was a super hit film after which she got famous.
While active in Bollywood since 1992, she worked in many great films in her film career such as Karan Arjun (1995), Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge (1995), Gupt: The Hidden Truth (1997), Dushman (1998), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…(2001), Fanaa (2006), My Name Is Khan (2010), Dilwale (2015), Tanhaji (2020), Tribhanga (2021).
Awards and Honors
Film Fare Awards-
1996- Best Actress- Dilwale Dulhania Le Jayenge
1998- The best performance in a negative role- Gupt: The Hidden Truth
1999- Best Actress- Kuch Kuch Hota Hai
2002- Best Actress- Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham…
2007- Best Actress- Fanaa
2011- Best Actress- My Name Is Khan
Apart from this, she has received many famous awards like Zee Cine Awards, Screen Awards, Stardust Awards.
Some Facts About Kajol
- Kajol’s strong acting can be credited to her virtuous film family. She is the daughter of popular actress Tanuja and film director Shomu Mukherjee. Her maternal grandmother Shobhana Samarth was an actor, producer and director. Kajol’s great-grandmother Ratan Bai was a singer-actor of the 1930s.
- After Shahrukh Khan, Hrithik Roshan, Priyanka Chopra, she is the only one on whom miniature dolls have been built in London’s luxury department store Harrod. These dolls were launched in the year 2006 itself.
- She is the first actress with Shahrukh Khan who got a chance to ring the opening bell of NASDAQ.
- She is a social worker and she is very interested in the work being done towards the education of children. She is working in this direction by joining many organizations. She is associated with organizations like Shiksha, Pratham, The Loomba Trust.
- She loves to read books. She especially likes to read horror novels and science fiction. Apart from this, she also loves writing poems.
- She had said in her interview to Filmfare that she likes to spend wisely. Whenever her children go out, she takes account of all their expenses from them.
- Along with dancing, she also loves to listen to songs and her playlist consists of many old and new songs.
Who are Kajol parents?
Her Father is Shomu Mukherjee & Mother is Tanuja.
Does Kajol have a child?
Yes, She Have 2 Children. Daughter- Nysa Devgan & Son Yug Devgan.
What is Kajol age?
She was born on 5 August 1974, in the year 2021 she is 47 years old.