Karisma Kapoor is an Indian film actress, who works in Hindi films and made her acting debut with the film Prem Qaidi in 1991. She is the recipient of several accolades, including a National Film Award and four Filmfare Awards.
Karisma Kapoor Bio/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Karisma Kapoor|
|Debut Movie||Prem Qaidi (1991)|
|Karisma Kapoor Height||In Centimetre- 163 cm|
In Metre- 1.63 m
In Feet- 5’4”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 53 kg |
In Pound- 117 lbs
|Eye colour||Light Blue|
|Date Of Birth||25 June 1974|
|Karisma Kapoor Age (2021)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Home town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||The Cathedral & John Cannon School, Mumbai.|
|College/University||Sophia College, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Power Yoga & Swimming|
|Karisma Kapoor Husband||Sanjay Kapur (2003-2014)|
|Children||Son– Kiaan Raj Kapoor|
Daughter– Samiera Kapoor
|Parents||Father– Randhir Kapoor (Actor)|
Mother– Babita (Actress)
|Sibling||Sister– Kareena Kapoor (Younger)|
|Net worth (2021)||12 Million USD|
Family, Early Life and Education
Karisma Kapoor was born on 25 June 1974 in Mumbai. His father’s name is Randhir Kapoor and mother’s name is Babita and both have been famous actors/actresses of their time. She also has an elder sister named Kareena Kapoor and she is also a well-known name in Hindi films. His entire family is connected to the Hindi film industry at some point or the other.
Karisma did her schooling from Jamnabai Narsee School, Mumbai and Welham Girls School, Dehradun. After this he did two years of commerce from Mithibai College, Vileparle, Mumbai.
Karisma was married to businessman Sanjay Kapoor, however, after a few days of marriage, the couple got divorced. They have two children – a son and a daughter.
Karisma Kapoor Career
Karisma Kapoor started her career with the film Prem Qaidi in the year 1991. However, the film proved to be a flop at the box-office. He has worked in many superhit films in his career, among which Andaz Apna Apna, Raja Hindustani, Dil To Pagal Hai and Hum Saath Saath Hain etc. are prominent.
Awards and Honours
Kapoor is the recipient of a National Film Award for Best Supporting Actress for Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), and four Filmfare Awards: Best Actress for Raja Hindustani (1996) and Fiza (2000), Best Supporting Actress for Dil To Pagal Hai (1997), and Best Actress (Critics) for Zubeidaa (2001).
Some Facts About Karisma Kapoor
- Karisma Kapoor is the elder daughter of actors Randhir Kapoor and Babita. She made her acting debut at the age of 17 with ‘Prem Qaidi’ in 1991.
- She dropped out of school after her sixth standard and started acting.
- Karisma has appeared in over 50 films till date and most of them have been super hits.
- She has won 2 Filmfare Awards for Best Actress – For ‘Raja Hindustani’ and ‘Fiza’.
- She was said to be in a relationship with Ajay Devgan from 1992 till they broke up in 1995 and also got engaged to Abhishek Bachchan.
- With films like Hero No. 1, Coolie No. 1 and Biwi No. 1 she became the number 1 queen of Bollywood and gave many more back to back hits.
- Apart from movies she also acted in a TV series Karishma – The Miracles of Destiny in 2003.
- Karisma Kapoor is back with another web series after her debut series ‘Mentalhood’. In Mentalhood, Karisma worked alongside Dino Morea, Tillotama Shome, Sanjay Suri, Shruti Seth and Shilpa Shukla.