Kevin Hart is an American comedian and actor.
After winning several stand-up comedy competitions, Hart had his first breakthrough when Judd Apatow cast him in a recurring role on the TV series Undeclared (2001). He has since had roles in films such as Paper Soldiers (2002), Scary Movie 3 (2003), Soul Plane (2004), In the Mix (2005), Little Fockers (2010), Think Like a Man (2012), Grudge Match (2013), Ride Along (2014) About Last Night (2014), Get Hard (2015), Central Intelligence (2016), The Secret Life of Pets (2016), Ride Along 2 (2016), Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie (2017), Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle (2017), Night School (2018), and Jumanji: The Next Level (2019). He also created and starred as a fictionalized version of himself in Real Husbands of Hollywood (2013–2016).
Kevin Hart Biography & Wiki
|Kevin Hart Full Name||Kevin Darnell Hart|
|Nick Name||Lil Kev|
|Profession||Actor, Stand-Up Comedian, Producer|
|Debut Movie||Film: Paper Soldiers (2002)|
TV Show: Undeclared (2002)
|Kevin Hart Height||In Centimeter- 163 cm|
In Meter- 1.63
In Feet- 5’4”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 64 kg|
In Pound- 140.8 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 44 Inches|
Waist- 35 Inches
Biceps- 15 Inches
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date Of Birth||July 6, 1979|
|Kevin Hart Age (2022)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Cancer|
|Home town||Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, United States|
|School||Castlemont High School|
George Washington High School in Northeast Philadelphia
|College/University||Temple University Community College of Philadelphia|
|Wife||Eniko Parrish (M. 2016), Torrei Hart (M. 2003–2011)|
|Children||Daughter- Heaven Heart, |
Son- Hendrix Hart
|Parents||Father- Henry Witherspoon|
Mother- Nancy Hart
|Hobbies||Making people laugh, Gym|
|Kevin Hart Net Worth (2022)||150 Million USD|
Childhood & Early Life
- Kevin Hart was born on 6th July 1979 in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania, in the US. His father Henry Witherspoon was a cocaine addict and spent most of his time in jail. Hart was, therefore, raised by his mother, Nancy Hart.
- Hart used humor as a medium of coping with his troubled family life and realized that he was inherently talented at performing comedy.
- He studied at the George Washington High School and later at the Community College of Philadelphia. He also worked for some time as a shoe salesman in Brockton, Massachusetts. Later, after performing at a night club in Philadelphia, he decided to pursue an acting career full time.
- Kevin Hart began his comedy career under the name of Lil Kev. However, he did not find any success in his initial gigs. By chance, he found a mentor in a veteran comedian named Keith Robinson who began to coach him.
- Hart later started performing under his own name and soon success followed. Within a few months, he was performing regularly in clubs all over the country.
- He began his comedy tours in 2009, with his act ‘I’m a Grown Little Man,’ which was followed by ‘Seriously Funny’ in 2010. He then went on the ‘Laugh at My Pain’ and ‘Let Me Explain’ tours, which were also released as features in movie theatres. He has released three comedy albums as well.
- Kevin Hart began his acting career in 2002, with a role in the American sitcom ‘Undeclared’, created by Judd Apatow. He made his film debut the same year, with a main role in the comedy film ‘Paper Soldiers’.
- He next appeared in the 2003 comedy horror film ‘Scary Movie 3’, the third film of the Scary Movie franchise. The film was a huge success commercially, though reviews were below average. The same year, he was seen in the film ‘Death of a Dynasty’.
- In 2004, he appeared in the comedy film ‘Soul Plane’, in the lead role. The film was a commercial failure and was met with negative reviews. His next important role was in ‘Scary Movie 4’, the fourth film of the Scary Movie franchise.
- In the ensuing years, he appeared in films like ‘Epic Movie’ (2007), ‘Superhero Movie’ (2008), ‘Not Easily Broken’ (2008), ‘Death at a Funeral’ (2010) and ‘Little Fockers’ (2010).
- He played one of the important roles in the 2012 romantic comedy film ‘Think Like a Man’. The film was a financial success, earning more than $96 million. It was met with mixed reviews. The next year, he was seen in the sports comedy film ‘Grudge Match’, where he starred alongside veteran actors Sylvester Stallone and Robert de Niro. The film was an average success commercially though its reviews were mostly negative.
- In 2014, he seen in a lead role in the action comedy film ‘Ride Along’. The film was a huge success financially, though its reviews were mostly negative. The same year, he was seen in the romantic comedy film ‘About Last Night’. It was a critical and commercial success. His next film ‘Get Hard’, released in 2015, was also a commercial success, but a critical failure.
- His important works in 2016 were ‘Central Intelligence’ and ‘The Secret Life of Pets’. Both the films were commercial and critical successes. More recently, he played the lead voice role in the 2017 animated film ‘Captain Underpants: The First Epic Movie’. The film was a commercial success and also received positive reviews.
- He played a main role in the comedy drama film ‘Upside’, after which he was seen in an important role in the comedy adventure film ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle’. The film was a huge success commercially, earning nearly $1 billion at the box office. It was met with mostly positive reviews from critics.
Kevin Hart’s early works include roles in the third and the fourth films of ‘The Scary Movie’ franchise. Hart portrayed a supporting character named CJ. The films were highly successful commercially, though critical reception was mostly negative. The franchise is known for making parodies of several cult horror films.
Hart played one of the main roles in the romantic comedy film ‘Think Like a Man’. Directed by Tim Story, the film was a commercial success, earning $96 million on a $12 million budget. The movie was based on the book ‘Act Like a Lady, Think Like a Man’ by Steve Harvey. It followed four different stories about four different couples. Critical reaction was mostly mixed.
Another one of his successful works is ‘Jumanji: Welcome to the Jungle,’ an adventure comedy fantasy film, where he played one of the main roles. It was based on the 1995 film ‘Jumanji’, which was itself based on a children’s book of the same name. Made on a budget of around $90 million, the film earned more than $960 million, more than ten times its budget. It was also met with positive reviews.
- Kevin Hart has been married to Eniko Parrish since 2016. They have one son who was born in November 2017. He was named Kenzo Kash.
- Previously, Hart was married to Torrei Hart who he divorced in 2011. He has two children from his first marriage.