Madhuri Dixit is a distinct identity of Hindi cinema. Which the audience is still eager to see on the big screen. Madhuri Dixit is not only an actress but also a dancing diva of Hindi cinema. He did many great films in his Hindi film career, which the audience still watches with great fervor. Madhuri has been awarded four times Filmfare Best Actress, once Filmfare Best Supporting Actress and a Special Award for her best performance in Hindi cinema. Apart from all these awards, he was honored with the Padma Shri, the fourth highest civilian honor of the Government of India.
Madhuri Dixit Bio/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Madhuri Shankar Dixit|
|Nick Name||Dhak-Dhak Girl|
|Debut Movie||Abodh (1984)|
|Height||In Centimetre- 163 cm|
In Metre- 1.63 m
In Feet- 5’4”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 56 kg |
In Pound- 123 lbs
|Date Of Birth||15 May 1967|
|Madhuri Dixit Age (2021)||54 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Home town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Divine Child High School, Mumbai|
|College/University||Parle College, Mumbai University, Mumbai|
|Educational Qualification||Degree in Microbiology|
|Affairs/Boyfriend||Anil Kapoor (Actor) (Rumoured)|
Sanjay Dutt (Actor)
Ajay Jadeja (Cricketer)
|Madhuri Dixit Husband||Shriram Madhav Nene (Doctor)|
|Madhuri Dixit Marriage Date||17 October 1999|
|Children||Son– Raayan Nene, Arin Nene|
|Parents||Father– Late Shankar Dixit |
Mother– Snehlata Dixit
|Sibling||Brother– Ajit Dixit|
Sister– Rupa Dixit, Bharti Dixit
|Net worth (2021)||34 Million USD|
Family, Early Life and Education
Madhuri Dixit was born on 15 May 1965 in Mumbai. Madhuri, the darling of father Shankar Dixit and mother Sneh Lata Dixit, aspired to become a doctor since childhood, but she became an actress. Madhuri Dixit has set a position in Indian Hindi films which today’s actresses consider ideal for themselves. In the 80s and 90s, she established herself as a leading actress and well-known dancer in Hindi cinema. Such was the magic of her wonderful dance and natural acting, Madhuri became the heartbeat of the whole country.
Madhuri has completed her early education from Divine Child High School. After that Madhuri Dixit completed her graduation from Mumbai University.
Madhuri Dixit is married to Dr. Shriram Nene. They also have two children – Ryan and Erin Nene.
Madhuri Dixit Career
Madhuri Dixit started her film career in 1984 with Rajshri Productions film Abodh. But this film did not do anything special. Madhuri had to face many failures in her early career. But she got recognition in Hindi cinema from the film Tezaab. She also received the first nomination of the Filmfare Award for her best performance in this film. The song Ek Do Teen from this film is still considered the iconic song of Madhuri Dixit. After this successful film, she again looked back and gave back-to-back hits in Hindi cinema. She worked with film actor Anil Kapoor in about twenty films, most of which proved to be super hits.
In the year 1990, she did the Aamir Khan starrer film Dil Like every film, this film of hers also proved to be a super hit. The biggest breakthrough in her career came when she did Rajshri Productions’ film Hum Aapke Hain Koun. No film could break the record of earning of this film for seven years, later in the year 2002, Sunny Deol starrer film Gadar-Ek Prem Katha overtook this film’s record.
Abodh, Dayavan, Tezaab, Ram Lakhan, Prem Pratigyaa, Tridev, Parinda, Dil, Jamai Raja, Saajan, Beta, Khalnayak, Anjaam, Hum Aapke Hain Koun..!, Raja, Yaraana, Dil To Pagal Hai, Pukar, Lajja, Devdas, Aaja Nachle, Dedh Ishqiya, Kalank.
Awards and Honours
- 2008 – Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award from the Government of India
- Madhuri Dixit has received seventeen nominations in the Filmfare Awards and has won six awards, including four in the Best Actress category and one in the Best Supporting Actress category.
Some Facts About Madhuri Dixit
- Madhuri Dixit never thought that she would become an actress. She was very educated since childhood, and she aspired to become a doctor.
- Madhuri is not only the heartbeat of Indians but also the favourite of Pakistanis. When the war broke out on the border, one of the Pakistanis had said that we will leave Kashmir if you give us Madhuri Dixit.
- Madhuri’s early film career was very unsuccessful, during which critics taunted her, saying that she is in the film world only because of her dance. After this, she also proved her acting ability by slapping her bake-to-back hits in the face of critics.
- During the film Hum Aapke Hain Koun, Madhuri had taken the highest fee, about three crores.
- Madhuri is also called a director’s actress. This is what film director Sooraj Barjatya said during an interview, that a director’s career is not complete until she works with Dixit.
- Madhuri Dixit is such an actress of Hindi cinema who got the nomination of Filmfare Award 13 times, out of which she has won four.
- Madhuri Dixit is the only actress in Hindi cinema who was choreographed by Pandit Birju Maharaj for the song in the film Devdas.
- Madhuri Dixit had come very close to film actor Sanjay Dutt during the film Saajan. But their relationship lasted only a short time, and later both of them separated.
- Madhuri Dixit is well versed in Kathak dance. She has taken complete Kathak education for eight years.
- Madhuri’s acting and beauty are her fans all over the world. One of them is a fan from Jamshedpur, who launched a calendar in which the year begins with Madhuri’s birthday. Not only this, he has requested the Government of India to declare Madhuri’s birthday as a public holiday.
1 thought on “Madhuri Dixit Age, Height, Husband, Children, Family, Biography & More”