Mahesh Bhatt is an Indian director-producer and screenwriter who does in Hindi cinema, during his early days his film Saaransh came in 1984. This film was screened in the 14th Moscow International Film Festival and this made official entry of Indian cinema in the Academy Awards for the best foreign-language film of the year.
Bhatt became the most recognized director of the Indian film industry when he started giving super hit films back-to-back such as Daddy in 1989 and Swayam in 1991 and in a commercial romantic film like Aashiqui in 1990, Dil Hai Ki Manta Nahin in 1991, and Awaargi in 1990. And this all the are beginning of Mahesh Bhatt journey and he achieved as the best director in Indian cinema after producing so many super hit movies.
Bio/wiki of Mahesh Bhatt
|Real Name||Mahesh Bhatt|
|Profession||Producer, director, and Screenwriter|
|Height||in centimeters – 170cmIn Meters – 1.70mIn Feet inches – 5’7|
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Hair color||Salt and paper, Semi Bald|
|Date of birth||20 Sep 1948|
|Birthplace||Bombay, Maharashtra, India|
|Home town||Mumbai, India|
|School||Don Bosco High School, Matunga, Mumbai|
|Food Habit||Non- vegetarian|
|Affairs/Girlfriend||Late Lorraine Bright, Parveen Babi, Soni Razdan|
|Wife/spouse||Kiran Bhatt (Divorced), Soni Razdan|
|Children||Son- Rahul Bhatt, Daughter- Pooja Bhatt and Alia Bhatt, Shaheen Bhatt|
|Parents||Father – Nanabhai BhattMother- Shirin Mohammad Ali|
|Debut||Director-Manzilein Aur Bhi Hain 1974|
|Net worth||$48 million|
Awards Of Mahesh Bhatt
- In 1984 he won the Filmfare best dialogue for the movie Earth.
- In 1994 for national movie award for, Special Jury Award, Special Mention.
- In 1997 for the best feature film in Hindi for Gudia, best film other social issues Tamanna, the Best feature film in Urdu Sardari Begum.
- In 1999 for Filmfare best story in Zakham.
- In 2000 Nargis Dutt Award for Best Featured film on National Integration for Zakhma.
- In 2003 IIFA for best screenplay in Razz also for Zee Cinema for best screenplay in Razz.
Early Life of Mahesh Bhatt
Bhatt is the son of Nanabhai Bhatt and Shirin Mohammad Ali, but they didn’t marry Bhatt father was Gujarati brahmin and his mother is Gujarati Muslim. He also has a sibling whose name is Mukesh Bhatt. When Mahesh Bhatt was in school he started doing jobs to earn money. he also used to make products for advertisements, Bhatt’s director career started through Raj Khosla through his acquaintances, he was started as an assistant director to Khosla.
Facts Of Mahesh Bhatt
- Mahesh Bhatt does smokes and takes alcohol very often.
- He is doing what his father did in the film production line, even Nanabhai Bhatt was also a film producer from 1942 to 1985, and Mahesh Bhatt is continuing the same legacy.
- He gave the film which was a submission for oscar Best foreign language film in 1985, and the film was Saaransh.
- Mahesh Bhatt has a relationship with actor Emran Hashmi and director Milan Luthria. Bhatt’s mother was the sister of both Emraan Hashmi and Milan luthria’s mother.
- Vishesh film production is co-own by Mahesh Bhatt along with his brother Mukesh Bhatt, the production name is kept in Vishesh because Vishesh is the son of Mukesh Bhatt, and he is also a film director.
- UG Krishnamurti is Bhatt’s guru whom he follows a lot and he has written a book on him “A life in 1992” and A taste of life in 2009, Mahesh was there with his guru during his last days and the days when he died he was there alongside UG Krishnamurti in the bed in Italy.
- Bhatt also made in debut as a playback singer in the movie Mr. X which was staring Emraan Hashmi in the titled song, he also mention that before recording any song, I sing it first.
- Bhatt supports the Congress party, according to him Congress is the secular party and BJP is a communal party, in the 2014 election Bhatt campaigned in a Karavan-e-bedari.
- Mahesh Bhatt’s mother Shirin Mohammad Ali and his father Nanabhai never got married.
- Mahesh Bhatt met Kiran Bhat (Lorraine bright) in school days and fell in love and at the age of 20, they got married.
- They both separated when Mahesh Bhatt started dating Parveen Babi, Mahesh left his family and started to live with Praveen in a Live-in relationship.
- The love story film Aashique 1990 was inspired by the relationship of Mahesh Bhatt and Lorraine Bright.
- The film vo lamhe 1982 and arth 2006 was inspired by Praveen Babi’s life and their relationship.
- He has launched many top-class Bollywood actors like Anupam Kher, Rahul Roy, Ermaan Hashmi, Susmita Sen, Bipasha Basu, Kangana Ranaut, Sonali Bendre, Anu Agrawal.
Controversy of Mahesh Bhatt.
Mahesh Bhatt has a sour relationship with his son Rahul Bhatt, Rahul mentioned that he never treated me like a son always felt like a bastard son and he would never become friends with David Hardley who was in the Mumbai terror attacks.
He criticized many Bollywood celebrities in the Coffee with Karan show he made many big statements against Kajol Amir khan and also against Sanjay Leela Bhansali, according to him they all are overrated Actors and Director.
In the 1990s he smooched his daughter Pooja Bhatt and also said if pooja was not his daughter he would love to marry her.
In the death of Sushant Singh Rajput, Mahesh Bhatt was criticized for alleged him in the mental touring him, in one of the article Suhrita Sengupta who is very closer to the filmmaker and Mahesh Bhatt wrote that Bhatt he is just like Parveen Babi and called him schizophrenic, she also said that Sushant Singh Rajput rumored girlfriend Rhea Chakraborty left him on the advice of Mahesh Bhatt.