Mithali Raj is the captain of the Test and One Day Indian women’s cricket team. She is considered one of the greatest female batsmen in cricket, who is the highest run-scorer in international cricket and is the only woman to have scored more than 7,000 runs in ODIs. She is the first female player to score seven consecutive half-centuries. Mithali Raj is the first captain for India (both men’s and women’s) to reach the ICC ODI World Cup final twice in 2005 and 2017.
Mithali Raj’s Bio
|Mithali Raj’s Full Name||Mithali Dorai Raj|
|Mithali Raj’s Height||5 feet 4 inch163 cm|
|Born||3 December 1982|
|Mithali Raj’s Age (September 2021)||38 Years|
|Mithali Raj’s Birth Place||Jodhpur, Rajasthan, India|
|Hometown||Secunderabad, Telangana, India|
|School||Keyes high school for girls.|
Kasturba Gandhi Junior College for women.
|Mithali Raj’s Boyfriend||Not Know|
|Parents||Father- Dorai Raj- Retired from Air Force- Currently work at Andhra Bank|
Mother- Leela Raj
|Siblings||Brother- Mithun Raj (Elder)|
Favorite And Beloved Things
|Food||Thick Curd Rice|
|Book||The essential Rumi by Coleman Barks.|
|International||ODI- 26 June 1999 vs Ireland|
Test- 14 january 2002 vs england
T20- 5 August 2006 vs England
|Batting Style||Right Hand|
|Team||Air India |
Asia Women XI
Indian Women Team
|Mithali Raj’s Net Worth||60 lakh per annum (approx)|
|Retirement||Mithali Raj has announced her retirement from T-20 cricket internationals on 3 September 2019.|
Facts About Mithali Raj
- Mithali was born in a Tamil family. Hometown is Secunderabad but her birthplace is Jodhpur, Rajasthan, Because father Doraj Raj was an officer in the Indian Air Force and Mithali Raj was born at the time of his Jodhpur posting.
- Mother Leela used to work in a private company. The reason for the family’s association with cricket was that the father used to be in the Air Force cricket team. In those days Mithali’s elder brother Mithun Raj used to go to the academy for cricket training.
- Actually Mithali Raj was very lazy in childhood and used to sleep till late in the morning. Father did not like this habit of his at all. So he figured it out and started taking Mithali with him to the academy.
- Due to the fear of scolding her father, Mithali Raj started practicing bowling and batting with plastic, sometimes with a tennis ball. Her talent in cricket was first noticed by coach Jyoti Kumar. He wondered how Mithali’s grip on the ball became so strong at such a young age
- That’s when Jyoti Kumar was convinced that this girl could go ahead and achieve a good position in cricket. He advised Doraj Raj to focus on daughter Mithali’s cricket. Later Mithali’s cricket training took place under the supervision of coach Sampat Kumar and at the age of 9, Mithali got selected in the State Sub Junior Tournament.
- Mithali Raj got selected in the Indian cricket team at the age of just 16. This is the year 1999 when Mithali made her ODI debut. In her very first ODI, Mithali made a world record which stands till date, 16-year-old Mithali played a brilliant innings of 114 runs in the debut match and proved her talent. Even after 22 years, this world record is in her name.
- Mithali Raj holds the world record for playing the most number of ODIs as a captain (140 matches).
- At the age of 16, she scored 114 runs in her debut match, this world record is in his name till date.
- Mithali has the longest career of any female cricketer in the world, she has been playing for India for 22 years.
- She holds the world record for scoring the most (214) runs in an innings of a Test match.
- Her name is the record of scoring a double century in Test cricket at the youngest (19 years old).
- Mithali Raj has become the highest run-scorer in all three formats of International Women Cricket.
- 2003- Arjuna Award
- 2015- Padma Shri
- 2017- Youth Sports Icon Of Excellent Award
- 2017- Vogue Sportsperson of the year Award
- 2017- BBC 100 Women
- 2017- Wisden Leading Woman Cricketer in the World.
In the year 2018, Mithali Raj was dropped in the semi-final of the T20 World Cup against England, after which India lost the match by 8 wickets. Mithali Raj was in great form at that time. Mithali then sent an e-mail to the then CEO Rahul Johri and Saba Karim, accusing Ramesh Powar of humiliating her. However, Ramesh Powar had said in his clarification that it is very difficult to handle Mithali Raj. Keeping him out of the team was part of his strategy.