Monali Thakur is an Indian playback singer. Apart from singing, he is also proficient in Bharatnatyam, Hip-Hop and Salsa dance. Monali won the National Film Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Moh Moh Ke Dhaage” from the film Dum Laga Ke Haisha (2015) and the Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer for the song “Sawaar Loon” from the Film “Lootera” (2013).
Monali Thakur Bio/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Monali Thakur|
|Profession||Singer & Actor|
|Height||In Centimetre- 155 cm|
In Metre- 1.55 m
In Feet- 5’1”
|Date Of Birth||3 November 1985|
|Monali Thakur Age (2021)||36 Years|
|Home town||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||The Future Foundation School, Kolkata|
|College/University||St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata|
|Monali Thakur Husband||Maik Richter|
|Parents||Father- Shakti Thakur |
Mother- Not Known
|Sibling||Sister- Mehuli Thakur (Playback Singer)|
|Net worth (2021)||3 Million USD|
|Charges Per Movie||10 to 15 Lakh INR|
Family, Early Life and Education
Monali Thakur was born on 3 November 1985 in a Bengali family. Monali’s father’s name is Shakti Thakur, who is a Bengali singer. Monali’s sister Mehuli is also a playback singer. Monali took the initiation of Indian music from Pandit Jagdish Prasad and Ajay Chakraborty.
Monali Thakur married Maik Richter, a restaurateur based in Switzerland, in 2017
She Studied at St. Xavier’s College, Kolkata, Monali started singing in school and college competitions and performing at local functions.
Monali was successful in making her place in the top 9 contestants in Indian Idol 2.
After Monali was eliminated from the show, judge Anu Kapoor gave her a chance to sing in the film Jaane-e-Mann. After this, Monali sang two songs from the film Race under the direction of music director Pritam Chakraborty. Have a dream and in a little touch. Both the songs proved to be superhit songs.
Famous Songs- Zara-Zara Touch Me, Moh Moh Ke Dhaage, Tamanna” (2018), “Shy Mora Saiyaan” (2018), “O Re Naseeba” (2019), “Pani Pani Re” (2019), “Dugga Elo” (2019) and her latest Single is “Dil Ka Fitoor” (2020).
Awards and Honors
2014- Filmfare Awards- Best Female Playback Singer- Sawar Loon
2015- National Film Award- Best Female Playback Singer- Moh Moh Ke Dhaage
Some Facts About Monali Thakur
- She comes from a Bengali Musical Family. Her father and her sister are famous Bengali singers.
- She is a trained salsa dancer. She has also learned Hip-hop and Bharatanatyam.
- She had already received award for playback singing even before she appeared in Indian Idol 2. She received the Anandolok Award for the best playback singer, for popular Bengali serial Sri Ramkrishna, at the tender age of 14.
- She started her acting career with the Bengali soap Alokito ek Indu, where she played the lead role.
- She made an appearance in the movie Love in Nepal, which released in 2004 and had Sonu Nigam in the male lead.
- She made her acting debut in films with the Bengali movie Krishnakanter Will, which released in 2007.
- She got her first break as a Bollywood Singer with the movie Jaan-e-Man, which released in 2006. She sung the song Kubul Kar Le.
- Her claim to fame was with the song Zara Zara Touch Me, from Race. It became the fourth most played song in Indian Radio during the first half of 2008.
- She received her first Filmfare Award for Best Female Playback Singer in 2014 for the song Sawaar Loon from Lootera.
- She was a judge for the popular Music Reality show, Sa Re Ga Ma Pa Li’l Champs.