Mukesh Ambani is an Indian business magnate and chairman, managing director, and the largest shareholder of Reliance Industries Ltd. (RIL), a Fortune Global 500 company and India’s most valuable company by market value. According to Forbes and Bloomberg Billionaires Index, Ambani’s net worth is estimated at around US$101.8 billion as of April 2022, making him the second-richest person in Asia and India and the 9th richest person in the world.
Mukesh Ambani Biography/ Wiki
|Mukesh Ambani Full Name||Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani|
|Mukesh Ambani Height||In Centimeter- 169 cm|
In Meter- 1.69 m
In Feet- 5’6”
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date Of Birth||19 April 1957 (Friday)|
|Mukesh Ambani Age (2021)||65 Years|
|Birthplace||Aden, Colony Of Aden ( Now Yemen)|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Aries|
|School||Hill Grange High School, Peddar Road, Mumbai|
|College/University||Institute Of Chemical Technology, Matunga, MumbaiStanford University, California, USA|
|Educational Qualification||BE Degree In Chemical Engineering|
MBA from Stanford University, California, USA
|Caste||Vaishya (Gujarati Modh Bania)|
|Mukesh Ambani||Nita Ambani|
|Children||Son– Akash Ambani, Anant Ambani|
Daughter– Isha Ambani
|Parents||Father– Dhirubhai Ambani|
Mother– Kokilaben Ambani
|Sibling||Brother– Anil Ambani|
Sister– Nina Bhadrashyam Kothari & Dipti Dattaraj Salgaonkar
|Hobbies||Reading, Hanging Out with Friends, Watching Movies, Jungle Adventure, Swimming, Doing Long Walk.|
|Food||Idli Sambar, Paanki (Gujarati Recipe), Dosa, Gujarati Cuisine, Roasted Groundnuts|
|Restaurant||Mysore Cafe, Matunga, Mumbai|
|Mukesh Ambani Net Worth (2022)||101.8 Billion USD|
Family, Early Life and Education
Mukesh Dhirubhai Ambani was born to Dhirubhai Ambani & Kokilaben Ambani, on 19 April 1957, in Yemen. Dhirubhai Ambani, who began his career as a gas station attendant, had four children. He grew up with his two sisters Nina Bhadrashyam Kothari & Dipti Dattaraj Salgaonkar, and brother Anil Ambani.
Because of the growing volatile political situation in Aden, the family moved to the Bhuleshwar neighbourhood of Bombay in 1958, wherein they resided in a chawl or communal two-room apartments with low rent. Dhirubhai and a relative launched Reliance Commercial Corp. in the same year, which expanded from a commodities-trading operation run out of a one-room renting facility into RIL.
Mukesh Ambani and his brother Anil Ambani both graduated from Hill-Grange High School on Peddar Road in Mumbai. To complete his Senior Secondary Education, he was accepted into St. Xavier’s College in Mumbai.
Ambani graduated from the University of Mumbai with a bachelor’s degree in chemical engineering and then went on to Stanford University for a master’s degree in business administration. He did, however, leave the program in 1981 to be with his family.
Mukesh Ambani Career
- Mukesh Ambani returned to India in 1981 and joined his family’s business, where he sought to diversify the company’s operations, including communications, construction, petrochemicals, petroleum refineries, synthetic fibers, and oil and gas extraction.
- PricewaterhouseCoopers, a business services corporation, named him one of the world’s most regarded business executives in 2004.
- After Dhirubhai’s demise in 2002, Mukesh & his brother, Anil, took over as joint CEOs of the Reliance Group. However, feuds between both the brothers for control caused their mom, Kokilaben Ambani, to separate Reliance’s assets through a non-competition contract (2006–2010).
- In the separation, Mukesh acquired management of the gas, oil, & petrochemicals businesses as RIL under the Reliance Group banner.
- Ambani is recognized for establishing the world’s biggest start-up petroleum refineries as well as directing the construction of various cutting-edge manufacturing facilities that significantly expanded RIL’s production capacities.
- In 2006, he was selected to co-chair the World Economic Forum’s (WEF) India Economic Summit—an annual gathering of some of the world’s foremost business leaders, politicians, policymakers, and delegates of non-governmental organizations that consult international markets, economic growth, and important social concerns.
- He became India’s first trillionaire in 2007.
- Ambani was ranked the world’s richest man in 2007 by both the Economic Times journal as well as the Press Trust – India media organization. He founded the Indian Premier League (IPL) cricket team – Mumbai Indians, the following year.
- The business created the world’s biggest grassroots petroleum refinery in Jamnagar, India, under Mukesh Ambani’s leadership, which can produce 660,000 barrels per day in 2010.
- Mukesh Ambani established a joint venture alongside Bharti Airtel in December 2013 to build an internet infrastructure for India’s 4G network.
- On June 18, 2014, he launched three expenditures of Rs 1.8 trillion throughout industries, and on December 27, 2015, he inaugurated 4G broadband services domestically under the brand name Jio.
- Jio debuted its own 4G smartphone, the LYF, in 2016. That year, the mobile was India’s third-best-selling device. Jio 4G was commercially introduced in September of that year.
He married Nita Ambani in 1985 and they have two sons, Akash and Anant, and a daughter, Isha, who is Akash’s twin. They met after his father attended a dance performance which Nita took part in and thought of the idea of arranging a marriage between the two.
They live in Antilia, a private 27-storey building in Mumbai, which was valued at US$1 billion and was the most expensive private residence in the world at the time it was built. The building requires a staff of 600 for maintenance, and it includes three helipads, a 160-car garage, private movie theatre, swimming pool, and fitness centre.
In 2007, Ambani gifted his wife a $60 million Airbus A319 for her 44th birthday. The Airbus, which has a capacity of 180 passengers, has been custom-fitted to include a living room, bedroom, satellite television, WiFi, sky bar, Jacuzzi, and an office.
Some Facts About Mukesh Ambani
- Mukesh Ambani & his family are protected at the Z level, which is India’s second-highest degree of security.
- In India, he was the first person to buy a Maybach 62.
- Before his father dragged him into the family company, he intended to be a teacher.
- The residence of Mukesh Ambani is the most costly in the world.
- Reliance Industries, owned by Ambani, is the largest participant in the sector, accounting for around 5% of India’s overall tax income.
- Reliance Industries, owned by Ambani, invested more than 900 crores in social reforms.
- By eating habits, he is a strict vegetarian.
- Mukesh attended Stanford University for his MBA program.
- He enjoys travelling in a vanity van that has been converted to look like a car bus.