Naseeruddin Shah is an Indian film actor. He has made his mark as an actor as well as a director and a writer. Naseeruddin Shah has shown his acting in Hindi films as well as Kannada, Gujarati, Bengali, Malayalam, Tamil, Marathi and English films. Naseeruddin Shah has not only won many awards due to his acting, but he has also been honored with many honors.
Naseeruddin Shah made the headlines recently after he revealed that he is suffering from a condition called onomatomania. He made this revelation during his recent interview on YouTube channel Chalchitra Talks and stated that it is a medical condition that doesn’t let him rest not even in his sleep.
Naseeruddin Shah Bio/Wiki
|Naseeruddin Shah Full Name||Naseeruddin Shah|
|Debut Movie||Nishant (1975)|
|Naseeruddin Shah Height||In Centimeter- 170 cm|
In Meter- 1.70 m
In Feet- 5’7”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 71 kg |
In Pound- 157 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 39 Inches|
Waist- 32 Inches
Biceps- 11 Inches
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Date Of Birth||20 July 1949|
|Naseeruddin Shah Age (2021)||72 Years|
|Birthplace||Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|Home town||Barabanki, Uttar Pradesh, India|
|School||St. Anselm’s Ajmer, RajasthanSt. Joseph’s College, Nainital|
|College/University||Aligarh Muslim University, Uttar Pradesh|
National School Of drama, New Delhi
|Hobbies||Playing Tennis, Reading|
|Wife||Late Parveen Murada aka Manara Sikri, Actress|
Ratna Pathak, Actress (1 April 1982)
|Children||Son- Imaad Shah, Vivaan Shah (Actor)|
Daughter- Heeba Shah (Actress)
|Parents||Father- Aley Mohammed Shah|
Mother- Farrukh Sultan
|Sibling||Brother- Retd. Lt. General Zameerud-din Shah and 2 others.|
|Naseeruddin Shah Net worth (2021)||50 Million USD|
|Charges Per Movie||N/A|
Naseeruddin Shah Family & Wife
Naseeruddin was born on 20 July 1949 in Barabanki, India. He was born in a Muslim family. Naseeruddin’s father’s name was Ali Muhammad Shah and his mother’s name was Farrukh Sultan. Naseeruddin had three brothers, one of whom was named ‘Retired General Zameerud-Din Shah’.
The name of the first wife of Naseeruddin was Parveen Murada alias Manara Sikri. Parveen has also been an actress by profession. Parveen and Naseeruddin have a daughter named Heeba Shah. Heeba is also an actress by profession.
Later Naseeruddin married actress Ratna Pathak in April 1982, Naseeruddin and Ratna have two sons named ‘Imad Shah’ and ‘Vivaan Shah’. Both the sons are actors by profession.
Naseeruddin Shah Early Life and Education
He did his schooling in ‘Sat. Anselms’ Ajmer’, Rajasthan and ‘St Joseph’s College’, Nainital. After this he completed his college education from ‘Aligarh Muslim University’, Uttar Pradesh. After completing his graduation, Naseeruddin also learned acting from the National School of Drama, Delhi.
Naseeruddin Shah Career
Naseeruddin started his acting career in the year 1967.
For the first time in the year 1975, Naseeruddin showed his first important character. He portrayed the character named ‘Vishvam’ in the film ‘Nishant’. The director of this film was Shyam Benegal.
As an actor, he has acted in more than 100 films, the recognition he got as an actor from 1975 continues till 2021. Meanwhile, his films Sarfarosh (1999), Hey Ram (2000), Main Hoon Na (2004), Krrish (2006), A Wednesday! (2008), Peepli Live (2010), Ishqiya (2010), Raajneeti (2010), The Dirty Picture (2011), Welcome Back (2015),
Begum Jaan (2017) came.
In the year 2020, his film Mee Raqsam was released, in the year 2022 his film Gehraiyaan was released.
As a director, he directed Yun Hota To Kya Hota (2006).
Naseeruddin Shah Awards and Honors
- Talking about the awards he received, in the year 1987 he was honored with Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award. In the year 2003, he was awarded India’s third highest civilian award Padma Bhushan.
- He has been awarded the National Film Award 3 times. Sparsh (1979), Paar (1984), Iqbal (2006).
Some Facts About Naseeruddin Shah
- He married his first wife at the age of 19. However, this is not the shocking bit. He fell in love with a 34-year old lady, named Purveen, who was a Pakistani medical student at Aligarh Muslim University. However, the marriage tanked when Naseeruddin Shah got into the National School of Drama.
- He made his Bollywood debut with a small role in the film Aman in 1967. It starred Rajendra Kumar and Saira Banu.
- Naseeruddin’s first major hit was 1983 Masoom opposite Shabana Azmi.
- The actor has also starred in international projects, such as Monsoon Wedding in 2001 and a Hollywood adaptation of The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen in 2003.
- Naseeruddin made his Pakistani film debut in Khuda Ke Liye. His second Pakistani film Zinda Bhaag was selected as the country’s official entry to the 86th Academy Awards for the Best Foreign Language Film award.
- Naseeruddin and Ratna Pathak were in a live-in relationship before they tied the knot in a simple court ceremony in 1982.
- Naseeruddin Shah made the headlines recently after he revealed that he is suffering from a condition called onomatomania. He made this revelation during his recent interview on YouTube channel Chalchitra Talks and stated that it is a medical condition that doesn’t let him rest not even in his sleep.
- During the interaction, Naseeruddin explained what the condition is all about and said that in this condition a person keeps on repeating a particular word or phrase. “Onomatomania is an ailment in which you keep repeating a word or a phrase, a sentence or a verse or a speech for no reason at all.
Naseeruddin Shah FAQ
What is the age of Naseeruddin Shah?
He was born on 20 July 1949, in the year 2021 he is 72 years old.
Who is Naseeruddin Shah first wife?
Parveen Murad, Also Know As Manara Sikri.
Does Naseeruddin Shah have kids?
Vivaan Shah, Heeba Shah, Imaad Shah
Who is brother of Naseeruddin Shah?
Zameer Uddin Shah.
Naseeruddin Shah is suffering from which disease?
Naseeruddin Shah is suffering from a disease called onomatomania in which the person keep repeating a word or a phrase, a sentence or a verse or a speech for no reason at all.