Navjot Singh Sidhu is a former Indian cricketer (batsman) and former BJP MP from The Amritsar Lok Sabha seat. After retiring from the game, he first started doing commentary for cricket on Doordarshan after that, he became actively involved in politics. Apart from politics, he also played on the small screen. He has also made his identity as an artist.
Navjot Singh Sidhu’s Bio
|Real Name/ Full Name||Navjot Singh Sidhu|
|Nick Name||Sidhu Paaji, Sixer Sidhu, Sherry|
|Profession||Cricketer, Commentator, Politician, Television Personality.|
|Navjot Singh Sidhu’s Height||In Centimeter- 188cm|
In Meter- 1.88 meter
In Feet- 6 feet 2 inch
|Weight||In Kilogram- 84 kg|
In pound- 187Ibs
|Body Measurement||Chest-42 Inch|
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date of Birth||20 October 1963|
|Navjot Singh Sidhu’s Age(2021)||58 Years|
|Birth Place||Patiala, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Patiala, Punjab, india|
|School||Yadavindra Public School, Patiala|
|College/University||Mohindra College, Punjab University, Chandigarh|
|Navjot Singh Sidhu’s Wife/Spouse||Navjot Kaur Sidhu|
|Children||Daughter- Rabia Sidhu|
Son- Karan Sidhu
|Parents||Father- Late Sardar Bhagwan Singh|
Mother- Late Nirmal Sidhu
|Siblings||Sister- Suman Toor & Neelam Mahajan|
|International Debut||Test- 12 November 1983 Against West Indies at Ahmedabad|
Last Test Match- 6 January 1999 Against New Zealand
ODI- 9 October 1987 Against Australia at Chennai
Last ODI Match- 20 September 1998 Against Pakistan
|Batting Style||Right Handed|
|Bowling Style||Right Arm Medium|
|Team||Punjab & India|
|Navjot Singh Sidhu’s Net Worth (2022)||6 Million USD|
|Cars||Toyota Land Cruiser|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP)- 2004-2016|
Indian National Congress (INC) 2017- Present
- 2004 won Lok Sabha Election from Amritsar as a BJP Candidate
- 2009 won Lok Sabha Election from Amritsar as a BJP Candidate
- 2016 Became Rajya Sabha Member on 28 April 2016
- 2016 Resigned from Rajya Sabha on 18 July 2016
- 2016 Formed a New Political Party Named Awaaz-e-Punjab
- 2017 Joined the congress party in January 2017
- 2017 won Punjab Assembly Election from Amritsar East & became A Minister
- 2019 Reigned from Punjab Cabinet on 14 July 2019
- 2021 Appointed as a President of Punjab Congress Committee on 18 July 2021
- Resigned as The President of Punjab Congress Committee on 28 September 2021.
- Navjot Singh Sidhu is the only batsman to score a half-century in his first four ODIs. His first four ODI innings are as follows – Australia (73), New Zealand (75), Australia (51), and Zimbabwe (55)
- Sidhu has had a long association with Congress, though his political stature grew with the help of the BJP. Sidhu’s father Bhagwant Singh Sidhu has been the office in charge of The Patiala District Congress.
- Sidhu has been convicted of culpable homicide during road rage and has also been sentenced to three years in jail. He had to be released on bail. Later the matter ended in the Supreme Court.
- He was named ‘Sixer Sidhu’ for Sidhu’s superb batting performance. He was also called ‘Jonty Singh’ after Jonty Rhodes.
- Navjot Singh Sidhu scored his first century against Pakistan at the Sharjah ground in 1989.
- Navjot Singh Sidhu does not smoke cigarettes and alcohol at all. Sidhu claims that he is a pure vegetarian.
- Sidhu’s ‘One Liner’ is very popular and is called Sidhuism.
Awards & Achievement
- Navjot Singh Sidhu has played a total of 51 test matches, in which he has scored 3202 runs. And he has played 136 ODI matches in which he has scored 4413 runs. He played his last Test match against New Zealand on 6 January 1999 and his last ODI match against Pakistan on 20 September 1998.
- 1993, 1994, and 1995 he scored more than 5 – 5 hundred runs in each of these years.
- From 1996 to 1997, he scored 201 runs against the West Indies in 11 hours.
- Navjot Sidhu slapped his junior Manoj Prabhakar even when he was a member of the Indian cricket team, getting angry with Captain Mohammad Azharuddin in 1996 to leave England midway and returning home, beating up Pakistani players during matches with Pakistan. In itself, many cases of entanglement kept coming up for discussion.
- In 1988, a case of culpable homicide was registered against him as an MP from Amritsar. In this case, the High Court sentenced him to 3 years, although this year the Supreme Court acquitted him from the sentence by imposing a fine of ₹ 6000 in this case.
- Sidhu got into trouble by telling an vulgar joke on Kapil Sharma’s comedy show on TV. A lawyer of the High Court had also filed a complaint against Sidhu in the court regarding this matter.