Nayanthara, is a South Indian actress, who has acted in many Malayalam, Tamil and Telugu movies. After several commercial successes such as Chandramukhi, Ghajini, Billa and Yaaradi Nee Mohini, Nayanthara has established herself as one of the most promising, sought-after actresses in South India.
Nayanthara Wiki/ Biography
|Nayanthara Real Name||Diana Mariam Kurien|
|Nick Name||Lady Superstar, Nayan, Mani|
|Debut Movie||Malayalam: Manassinakkare (2003)|
Tamil: Ayya (2005)
Telugu: Lakshmi (2006)
Kannada: Super (2010)
|Nayanthara Height||In Centimeter- 165 cm|
In Meter- 1.65 m
In Feet- 5’5”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 53 kg |
In Pound- 117 lbs
|Date Of Birth||18 November 1984|
|Nayanthara Age (2022)||38 Years|
|Birthplace||Bengaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Scorpio|
|Home town||Tiruvalla, Kerala, India|
|School||Balikamadom Girls High School, Tiruvalla|
|College/University||Mar Thoma College, Tiruvalla|
|Educational Qualification||Graduate in English Literature|
Prabhu Deva (Dancer, Director)
Vignesh Shivan (Director in Kollywood )
|Parents||Father– Kurian Kodiyattu |
Mother– Omana Kurian
|Sibling||Brother– Leno Kurian|
|Hobbies||Reading, Long Driving, Listing to music|
|Favourite Food||North Indian Foods|
|Nayanthara Net Worth (2022)||8 Million USD|
|Charge Per Movie||4 to 5 Crore|
Family, Early Life and Education
Nayanthara was born as Diana Mariam Kurien in Bengaluru, India on 18th November, 1984. She was born to Omana Kurian and Kurian Kodiyattu who hail from a noble Kodiyatt family.
She has an elder brother named Leno who lives in United Arab Emirates. As Nayanthara’s father was associated with Indian Air Force, she studied in numerous parts of India, predominantly in North India.
She completed her schooling in Gujarat, Jamnagar and Delhi. She attended Balikamadom Girls Higher Secondary School and subsequently joined Marthoma College, Thiruvalla with the intention of earning her bachelor’s degree with a major in English Literature.
Nayanthara Personal Life
Nayanthara was in a relationship with Silambarasan after they worked together in Vallavan. However, their relationship ended after a few years.
While working in Villu, Nayanthara and Prabhu Deva fell in love with each other. They were in a relationship for few years and decided to get married. However, in 2010, Prabhu Deva’s wife Latha filed a petition at the family court, seeking directions against Deva from living in a relationship with Nayanthara and requesting a reunion with him. In 2012, Nayanthara confirmed that she had ended her relationship with Deva.
She was brought up as a Syrian Christian. On 7 August 2011, she embraced Hinduism at the Arya Samaj Temple in Chennai. She has gone through Shuddhi Karma, a procedure involving a Vedic purification and a Homam where she chanted the hymns from the Veda and the Gayatri Mantra under the guidance of the priest. After the purification ceremony, a certificate of conversion to Hinduism was issued to her, and her stage name, Nayanthara, became her official name.
She made her acting debut in the 2003 Malayalam film Manassinakkare with Jayaram. She made her debut in Tamil cinema with Ayya (2005) and Telugu with Lakshmi (2006). Both were successful. After this she had numerous commercially successful Tamil, Malayalam and Telugu films.
In 2010, she also made her Kannada film debut through the film Super along with, Upendra, her only appearance in a Kannada film to date. Her portrayal of Goddess Sita in Sri Rama Rajyam (2011) earned her the Filmfare Award for Best Telugu Actress and the Nandi Award for Best Actress. She won the Filmfare Award for Best Tamil Actress for her performance in Raja Rani (2013), Naanum Rowdy Dhaan (2015) and Aramm (2017). In 2017, she was awarded the Filmfare Award for Best Malayalam Actress for her performance in Puthiya Niyamam (2016), marking her first Filmfare Award in Malayalam cinema.
Some Facts About Nayanthara
- Nayanthara was born into a Orthodox Syrian Christian family later she converted to Hinduism at the Arya Samaj Temple in Chennai on 2011.
- After the purification ceremony, a Certificate of Conversion to Hinduism was issued to her and her stage name, Nayantara, became her official name.
- She also visited a number of holy places, including Haridwar and Rishikesh in May 2014.
- She won the style icon award for south scope style award 2009.
- Among 30 nominations in different awards function she won 18 awards.
- She makes comeback for Krish’s Krishnam Vande Jagadgurum in March 2012 after an 11-months sabbatical. Raja Rani was her first Tamil release after three years that had her in a lead role, which was followed by Vishnuvardhan’s Arrambam.
- She also made her Kannada film debut through the Kannada-Telugu bilingual film Super, which is her only appearance in Kannada till date.
- Kochi Times listed Nayanthara in the “List of 15 Most Desirable Women in 2014”.
- More remarkably, Nayanthara contributed about 5 lakhs to TN Chief Minister towards the relief aid for Sri Lankan Tamils. To say, her contribution was the highest amount given by an actress.
- Nayantara had a tattoo of the name prabhudeva in her wrist as she was in relationship with Prabhu for a small time.
- Nayanthara won the 1st runner up, Best Model in Kerala 2003, conducted by Thrissur Advertising Club. Later made her entry to media.
- Nayanthara recently wrapped up Chiranjeevi co-starred Godfather and is ready to dive straight into her next movie with director Atlee, co-starring Shah Rukh Khan.