Pankaj Kapur is a well-known actor of Indian films. He has worked as an actor as well as a story writer, screenwriter, and director. He has won many awards due to his acting. Pankaj Kapoor has not only got the love of the audience due to his acting but has also won many awards. Pankaj Kapoor is mostly seen acting in comedy-drama films. He has also boosted his popularity due to his portrayal of supporting characters.
Pankaj Kapoor Bio/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Pankaj Kapur|
|Profession||Actor, Director, Screenwriter,|
|Debut Movie||Arohan (1982)|
|Height||In Centimeter- 168 cm|
In Meter- 1.68 m
In Feet- 5’6” Feet
|Weight||In Kilogram- 80 kg|
In Pound- 176 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 42 Inches|
Waist- 36 Inches
Biceps- 12 Inches
|Eye color||Dark Brown|
|Date Of Birth||29 May 1954|
|Pankaj Kapur Age (2021)||68 Years|
|Birthplace||Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|Home town||Ludhiana, Punjab, India|
|College/University||Government Engineering College, Ludhiana.|
National School Of Drama (NSD), New Delhi.
|Pankaj Kapur Wife||Neelima AzeemSupriya Pathak|
|Children||Son- Shaheed Kapoor, Ruhaan Kapoor|
Daughter- Sanah Kapoor.
|Parents||Father- Name Not Known|
Mother- Name Not Known
|Net worth (2021)||2 Million USD|
|Charges Per Movie||N/A|
Pankaj Kapoor Family & Wife
Pankaj Kapur was born on 29 May 1954 in Ludhiana, Punjab. He was born in a Punjabi family. Pankaj’s father was a college principal by profession.
Let us tell you that Pankaj Kapoor has done two marriages. Pankaj’s first marriage was with Neelima Azeem. Shahid Kapoor was born from this marriage. However, after a few years, Pankaj and Neelima got divorced.He has second marriage to actress Supriya Pathak, with whom he has two children.
Pankaj Kapoor Early Life and Education
Pankaj completed his schooling in Punjab itself. After this he completed his engineering studies from Government College, Ludhiana. Pankaj learned acting from the National School of Drama in Delhi.
Pankaj Kapoor Career
Pankaj Kapur acted in theater for almost four years. He also directed around 74 places and serials. Pankaj worked in two films in the year 1981. The names of those films are ‘Hari Handle Bargadar: Share Cropper’ and ‘Kahan Kahan Se Gujar Gaya’.
Pankaj’s film journey which started in 1981 continues till today (2021). Meanwhile, he did a great job in many films, like all his films were excellent, but we are sharing the names of some here. Jaane Bhi Do Yaaro (1983), Mohan Joshi Hazir Ho! (1984), Aghaat (1985), Yeh Woh Manzil To Nahin (1987), Ek Doctor Ki Maut (1990), Roja (1992), Maqbool (2003), The Blue Umbrella (2005), Halla Bol (2008), Matru Ki Bijlee Ka Mandola (2013), Toba Tek Singh (2018).
In the year 2021, his 2 films Jersey and Lost were released. The name of his upcoming film is Jab Khuli Kitaab.
As a director, he directed two films Mohandas B.A.L.L.B. (1998), Mausam (2011).
Talking about his television career, then Karamchand (Season 1) (1985–1988), Mungerilal Ke Haseen Sapne (1989–1990), Zabaan Sambhalke (Season 1) (1993–1994) as Mohan Bharti, Neem Ka Ped (1991) as His acting was seen in Budhai Ram, Office Office (2000) as Musaddi Lal, Bharat Ek Khoj, Karamchand (Season 2) (2007), JL50 (2020).
Awards and Honors
- 1989 National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor, Raakh
- 1991: National Film Award – Special Jury Award: Ek Doctor Ki Maut
- 1997: Screen Award for Best Actor in a Television Series for Neem Ka Ped
- 2002: Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role for Office
- 2003: Indian Telly Award for Best Actor in a Comic Role for Office Office
- 2004: National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor, Maqbool
- 2007–08 Best Actor National Award by Journalist Association of India
- 2021: Nominated: 26th Asian Television Awards for Best Actor in a Leading Role, JL50
Some Facts About Pankaj Kapur
- Pankaj Kapoor, who was an engineering topper, put his career at stake for his love for acting and turned to acting. After this he graduated from the National School of Drama and did theater for 4 years.
- He has done over 75 plays and serials.
- He won his first National Film Award for Raakh. He was also awarded the National Film Award-Special Jury Award, in 1991, for his performance in Ek Doctor ki Maut.
- He received the National Film Award for Best Supporting Actor for his performance in Vishal Bhardwaj’s Maqbool which was an adaptation of Macbeth.
- He believes that acting is not just about fame and money. An actor should be believable and communicable.
Who is Pankaj Kapur current wife?
Pankaj has done two marriages, currently his wife is Supriya Pathak, his first wife was Neelima Azeem.
How old is Pankaj Kapur?
Pankaj was born on 29 May 1954, in the year 2021 he is 67 years old.
How many children does Pankaj Kapoor have?
Panjak has 3 children – Shaheed Kapoor, Ruhaan Kapoor, Sanah Kapoor.