Payal Rohtagi is an Indian film actress. She had also been a participant in the Miss India pageant. In the year 2008, she was also a contestant in the TV reality show Bigg Boss.
Payal started her career in 2002 with the film Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai. She also appeared in the reality TV show (2008) “Bigg Boss”, (2015) “Nach Baliye 7” and the 2013 show “Welcome – Baazi Mehman Nawazi Ki”. Have also worked in
Payal Rohtagi Wiki/ Biography
|Real Name/Full Name||Payal Rohtagi|
|Payal Rohtagi Debut||Bollywood movie: Yeh Kya Hota Hai (2002),|
Hollywood film: Refuge (2002),
Telugu film: Thirupachi Aruva (2007)
TV Contestants: Bigg Boss Season 2 (2008),
TV Actress: CID (2010)
|Payal Rohtagi Height||In Centimeter- 165 cm|
In Meter- 1.65 m
In Feet- 5’5”
|Payal Rohtagi Weight||In Kilogram- 55 kg |
In Pound- 121 lbs
|Date Of Birth||9 November 1985|
|Payal Rohtagi Age (2022)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Hyderabad, Telangana, India|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Scorpio|
|Home town||Ahmedabad, Gujrat, India|
|School||Udgam School, Ahmedabad|
|College/University||Lalbhai Dalpatbhai Engineering College, Ahmedabad|
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor of Technology in Computer Engineering|
|Engagement Date||27 February 2014|
|Affairs/Boyfriend||Sangram Singh (Wrestler)|
|Payal Rohtagi Fiance||Sangram Singh (Wrestler)|
|Payal Rohtagi Parents||Father– Shashank Rohatgi (Former Chemical Engineer)|
Mother– Veena Rohatgi (Former Supervising Teacher)
|Sibling||Brother– Gaurav Rohatgi (Electronics Engineer)|
|Payal Rohtagi Net Worth (2022)||5 Million USD|
Early Life and Education
Payal was born on Saturday, 9 November 1985 in Hyderabad city of Telangana. Payal Rohatgi belongs to a Hindu Family.
Her father Shashank Rohatgi is a former chemical engineer. Her mother, Veena Rohatgi is a former supervising teacher. She has a brother, Gaurav Rohatgi, who is an electronics engineer.
In the year 2000, she participated in the Femina Miss India beauty pageant along with Priyanka Chopra, Lara Dutta and Dia Mirza. Subsequently, she represented India at the Miss Tourism World pageant and was crowned “Supermodel Miss Tourism World” in 2001.
She did her schooling from Udgam School and Trinity English School, Ahmedabad. To complete her schooling, Payal joined Lalbhai Dalpatbhai College of Engineering to pursue her B.Tech. She was good at sports in her childhood and also won many sports competitions during her school and college days.
Payal Rohtagi Personal Life
Payal Rohtagi was dating Indian wrestler Sangram Singh since 2011. The couple got engaged to each other on 27 February 2014 in Ahmedabad but even after a long gap, both of them are not married yet.
Payal Rohtagi Career
- Payal Rohatgi started her career as a model in 2001 by modeling for popular brands like “Amul,” “Nescafe,” “Nirma,” “Jaguar Bath Panel,” and “Dabur Hair Oil.”
- She came into limelight after starring in a TV commercial for Cadbury’s Temptation Chocolates. Thereafter, she appeared in some music videos of Silk Route, Rock Band and Indipop artist KK (Krishnakumar Kunnath).
- In 2002, Payal starred in the Bollywood film “Yeh Kya Ho Raha Hai?” Started acting with In which she played the role of ‘Isha’. Thereafter, she appeared in films such as “Plan,” “Rakt,” and “36 China Town.”
- In 2006, she acted in an item song in the Bollywood film “Corporate”. She made her theater debut in 2010 with Vandana Sajnani’s play “Foreplay”.
- She has appeared in several reality TV shows like “Bigg Boss Season 2,” “Raj Pichle Janam Ka,” “Jor Ka Jhatka: Total Wipeout,” and “Survivor India.”
- In 2015, she appeared in the dance reality show “Nach Baliye Season 7” with her fiance Sangram Singh. In 2013, he won the reality TV show “Welcome – Baji Mehman Nawazi Ki”.
- She has also appeared in many TV serials like Hum Ne Li Hai-Shapath, Humsafar and Suryaputra Karna. In 2014, she became a part of the national anthem which was shot by director Rajeev Walia.
- In the year 2022, Payal has been seen as a contestant in the controversial TV reality show Lockup hosted by Kangana Ranaut where Payal is seen fighting with actress Kangana.
Payal Rohtagi Controversy
- In 2012, Payal alleged that she was sexually harassed by directors Dibakar Banerjee and Anurag Kashyap.
- Payal often shares fake news through her Twitter account. Her Twitter account was blocked for a week for “communalizing” the 2019 Hyderabad gang rape. However, this was later rectified by the Mumbai Police when Payal reported the matter to the Chief Minister’s wife Amrita Fadnavis, who voiced her support.
- Payal had created controversy for sharing her views on the Kerala floods. She said the floods were a result of the wrath of God that the state had not banned cow slaughter.
- In the year 2019, she came into controversy for calling celebrities like Ameesha Patel, Koena Mitra, Rashmi Desai and Siddharth Shukla unemployed. He also called himself ‘unemployed’.
- Rohatgi termed the 19th century social reformer Raja Ram Mohan Roy as a traitor and accused him of defaming the tradition of ‘Sati’. Later the secretary of the Raja Rammohun Roy Memorial Museum said that Payal seems to have no idea about him.
- In June 2019, Payal claimed that Maratha ruler Shivaji was born in the Shudra varna and later moved up the caste hierarchy. However, when NCP leader Jitendra Awhad lodged a complaint against her, Payal issued a video apology on Twitter.
- In October 2019, Payal posted a video on Facebook in which she alleged that Jawaharlal Nehru (India’s first Prime Minister) was not the legitimate child of Motilal Nehru, but was born out of Kamala Nehru’s illicit relationship with another person. She also claimed that Motilal Nehru had 5 wives. Youth Congress leader lodged a complaint against him after which she was taken into custody by Bundi police in Rajasthan on 15th December 2019.
When did Payal Rohtagi get married?
Payal Rohatangi was dating Indian wrestler Sangram Singh since 2011. The couple got engaged to each other on 27 February 2014 in Ahmedabad but even after a long gap, both of them are not married yet.
Who is Payal Rohtagi husband?
Indian wrestler Sangram Singh is her fiance.
When was Payal Rohtagi born?
9 November 1985