Pramod Sawant is an Indian politician and the 13th Chief Minister of Goa. He is an MLA from North Goa’s Sanquelim constituency and a member of the BJP. He is also an Ayurvedic doctor and farmer by profession.
He is a member of Bharatiya Janata Party. On March 28, 2022, Pramod Sawant along with other eight cabinet ministers took oath as the Chief Minister of Goa for the second time in a row.
Pramod Sawant Biography & Wiki
|Pramod Sawant Full Name||Pramod Pandurang Sawant|
|Famous For||13th Chief Minister of Goa.|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Pramod Sawant Height||In Centimeter- 173 cm|
In Meter- 1.73 m
In Feet- 5’7”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 68 kg|
In Pound- 150 lbs
|Date Of Birth||24 April 1973|
|Pramod Sawant Age (2022)||49 Years|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Taurus|
|Home town||Sanquelim, Goa|
|College/University||Ganga Education Society’s Ayurvedic Medical College, Kolhapur|
Tilak Maharashtra University Pune.
|Educational Qualification||Bachelor in Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery,|
Master of Social Work degree
|Marriage Date||28 May 2005|
|Pramod Sawant Wife||Sulakshana Sawant|
|Children||Daughter– Parthiv Sawant|
|Parents||Father– Pandurang Govind Sawant|
Mother– Padmini Sawant
|Pramod Sawant Net Worth (2022)||₹ 2.78 Crore|
|Salary||₹ 2.2 Lakh (As CM of Goa)|
Early Life and Education
He was born on 23 April 1973. His parents are Pandurang and Padmini Sawant. He holds a Bachelor of Ayurveda, Medicine and Surgery degree from the Ayurvedic Medical College of Ganga Education Society in Kolhapur. He holds a Master of Social Work degree from Tilak Maharashtra University in Pune. He is Maratha by caste.
He married Sulakshana on 28 May 2005, who is a chemistry teacher at Sri Shantadurga Higher Secondary School, Bicholim. She is also the leader of Bharatiya Janata Party. Presently, she is also the President of the Goa unit of BJP Mahila Morcha.
Pramod Sawant Career
- His electoral career began when he stood in the 2008 Yellow Constituency by-election on a Bharatiya Janata Party ticket, but lost to Pratap Prabhakar Gone of the Indian National Congress.
- In the 2012 assembly election, he contested from the Sankelim constituency. He won the constituency by about 14,255 votes and defeated Pratap Prabhakar Gone of the Indian National Congress.
- For some time, he also served as the spokesperson of the Goa unit of the Bharatiya Janata Party.
- He was later re-elected to the Goa Legislative Assembly in 2017 from the same constituency. He defeated Dharmesh Sagalani of the Indian National Congress by around 10,058 votes.
- He was elected as the Speaker of the Goa Legislative Assembly on March 22, 2017.
Sawant as Chief Minister of Goa
The Chief Minister’s seat of Goa fell vacant due to the death of Manohar Parrikar. Pramod Sawant was later elected by the Legislative Assembly. Later on 19 March 2019, he took oath as the 13th Chief Minister of Goa. And now again, he has been elected as the Chief Minister of Goa for the second time in a row. The Oath Taking ceremony took place on 28 March 2022.
Some Facts About Pramod Sawant
- During Parrikar’s last tenure Pramod Sawant was elected in March 2017 as the Speaker of the Goa State Assembly. Let us tell you that he is a former chairman of the Goa State Infrastructure Development Corporation, a special purpose vehicle set up by Manohar PARrikar to take up various infrastructure works in the coastal state.
- likes reading books written by reputed social activists. His hobby is also doing social work for the backward and downtrodden classes and also to meet people.
- Let us tell you that when Pramod Sawant was elected as Goa assembly speaker he won 20 votes against 15 for Congress legislator Aleixo Reginaldo.
- He twitted about Manohar Parrikar that he is a statesman, guide, architect of modern Goa and a fatherly figure who has left for the heavenly abode.
What is Pramod Sawant’s caste?
When did Pramod Sawant become the Chief Minister of Goa?
Chief Minister for the first time – March 19, 2019
Who is Pramod Sawant’s wife?
He is married to Sulakshana, a chemistry teacher at Sri Shantadurga Higher Secondary School, Bicholim. She is also the leader of Bharatiya Janata Party. Presently, she is also the President of Goa unit of BJP Mahila Morcha.