Rani Mukerji is a famous Indian actress. Rani was one of the most popular actresses in the 2000s and was one of the highest-paid actresses. Rani made it to the list of India’s top actresses at the box office for six consecutive years and for three consecutive years in 2004, 2005, and 2006, she was at the first position.
Rani Mukerji Bio/Wiki
|Real Name||Rani Mukerji|
|Nick Name||Khandala Girl, Baby|
|Debut Movie||Raja ki Aaegi Bharat (1997)|
|Rani Mukerji’s Height||In Centimeter- 160 cm|
In Meter- 1.60 m
In Feet- 5’3 Feet
|Rani Mukerji’s Weight||In Kilogram- 58 kg|
In Pound- 127 lbs
|Date Of Birth||21 March 1978|
|Rani Mukerji Age (2021)||43 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Home town||Kolkata, West Bengal, India|
|School||Maneckjee Cooper High School, Juhu, Mumbai|
|College/University||Mithibai College, Mumbai|
|Rani Mukerji’s Boyfriend||Govinda (Actor)|
Abhishek Bachchan (Actor)
Aditya Chopra (Director, Producer)
|Rani Mukerji’s Husband||Aditya Chopra (Director, Producer)|
Marriage Date- 21 April 2014
|Parents||Father- Late Ram Mukherjee (Film Director)|
Mother- Krishna Mukherjee (Playback Singer)
|Sibling||Brother- Raja Mukherjee (Elder)|
|Rani Mukerji’s Net worth (2021)||18 Million USD|
|Charges Per Movie||2 to 3 Crore|
Family & Husband
Rani Mukerji was born on 21 March 1978 in Mumbai city of Maharashtra to father Ram Mukherjee and mother Krishna Mukherjee. Rani belongs to a film family, and most of her family members are associated with the Bollywood industry.
His father, Ram Mukherjee was a former film director and one of the founders of Filmalaya Studios. His mother, Krishna Mukherjee, is a former background singer. His elder brother, Raja Mukherjee, is a film producer and director.
On 21 April 2014, Rani tied the knot with Aditya Chopra in a secret ceremony in Italy. The couple has a daughter Adira, who was born on 9 December 2015.
Early Life and Education
Rani received her early education from Manekji Cooper High School in Juhu, after which she joined SNDT Women’s University, Mumbai to complete her further studies where she obtained her bachelor’s degree in Home Science.
Rani was very fond of learning dance since childhood, that is why she started learning dance in class X itself. Rani is also a good Odissi dancer.
Rani met Govinda on the sets of Had Kar Di Aapne (2000) and as per sources, they started dating each other. According to rumors, the actor spent a lot of money on gifting the Rani with diamonds, expensive cars, and a luxurious flat.
Rani Mukerji started bonding with Abhishek Bachchan while shooting for Yuva and Bunty Aur Babli together. Their rumored love came to an end when Abhishek went ahead and married Aishwarya Rai.
Rani Mukerji started her film career in the year 1997 with the film Raja Ki Aayegi Baaraat which was released at the box office. But his film proved to be a flop.
In 1998, she starred in Vikram Bhatt’s Ghulam opposite Aamir Khan. Though her role in the film was small but she gained a lot of popularity with her song Aati Kya Khandala.
In the same year, Karan Johar cast Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol in his directorial debut Kuch Kuch Hota Hai.
The co-actress role in the film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai was first written for Twinkle Khanna, wife of Akshay Kumar, but Twinkle was busy doing other films and she refused Karan Johar to act in the film, so Johar Rani Mukerji was signed at the behest of Shah Rukh Khan and filmmaker Aditya Chopra.
The film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai proved to be a success for Rani Mukerji; It grossed over ₹1.03 billion and won eight Filmfare Awards, becoming the highest-grossing Hindi film of that year.
After starring in the romantic comedies Haad Kar Di Aapne and Kahin Pyaar Na Ho Jaye, Mukherjee starred in the romantic comedy Har Dil Jo Pyaar Karega opposite Salman Khan and Preity Zinta.
In addition, she played a deaf and blind woman in Black (2005), a fraud in Bunty Aur Babli (2005), and an unhappy married woman in Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna (2006) .
Her latest film in the year 2021 was Bunty Aur Babli 2 which is a comedy film produced by Aditya Chopra, husband of Rani Mukerji.
Rani Mukerji’s social work and charity program
- Apart from acting, Rani is also very active in humanitarian work. She has participated in many concerts and stage shows and has also raised her voice on the issues faced by women and children.
- Mukherjee was appointed by Procter & Gamble and the NGO Child Rights and You, as an ambassador for Education to Support Children’s Education.
- In February 2005, Mukherjee and several other Bollywood actors participated in 2005 Help and raised funds for the victims of the 2004 Indian Ocean earthquake.
- In March 2006, Mukherjee celebrated his birthday with the Helen Keller Institute for Physically Handicapped Children, a film he had previously worked with while preparing for his role in his film Black.
- In 2011, he set up a Stroke Treatment Fund in collaboration with the Indian Stroke Association to pay for the treatment of stroke patients who are economically disadvantaged.
- In 2014, Mukherjee attended a charity dinner on child abuse in London, where she was honored by Prince Charles for raising awareness on the issue through her work in his film Mardaani.
Awards and Honors
- Rani Mukerji won the Filmfare Award for Best Supporting Actress for her roles in the films Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998), Yuva (2004) and No One Killed Jessica (2011).
- She also won the Filmfare Critics Award for Best Actress for her roles in the films Saathiya (2002) and Black (2005).
- She received the Filmfare Award for Best Actress for her roles in the films Hum Tum (2004) and Black (2005).
- She is the only actress to have won both the Filmfare Awards for Best Actress and Supporting Actress in the same year in 2005.
Facts About Rani Mukerji
- Rani Mukerji did not want to make a career in films. If Rani was not an actress, she would have been an interior designer or a fashion designer.
- Rani Mukerji is as good an actress as she is a great dancer. Rani is a trained Odissi dancer.
- Rani has been nominated for the Filmfare Award 17 times so far. Out of which he has won 7 Filmfare Awards.
What is the height of Rani Mukerji?
The height of Rani Mukerji is 5 feet 3 inches.
Who is the father of Rani Mukerji?
Rani Mukerji’s father Ram Mukherjee was a former film director and one of the founders of Filmalaya Studios.
How many children does Rani Mukerji have?
Rani Mukerji has a girl named Adira Chopra.
Which is the first film of Rani Mukerji?
Rani Mukerji’s first film was Raja Ki Aayegi Baaraat (1997).