Rekha is a famous Indian film actress who mainly appears in Hindi films. Rekha, known for her versatility and the best actress in Hindi films, started her career as a child artist in 1966 with the Telugu film Rangula Ratlam. She made her debut as a lead actress four years later with the film Sawan Bhado. She was always in the news for her looks and by 1970 she was established as an actress.
She has acted in more than 180 films in her career spanning 40 years. During her career, she did many strong roles and presented many strong female characters on the screen in an excellent way and apart from mainstream cinema, she also worked in many art films which is called parallel cinema in India. She has received the Filmfare Award three times, twice for Best Actress and once for Best Supporting Actress. In 2010, she was also awarded the Padma Shri by the Government of India.
|Real Name/Full Name||Bhanurekha Ganeshan|
|Nick Name||Rekhaji, The Bollywood Queen|
|Debut Movie||Kannada– Operation Jackpot Nalli CID 999 (1969)|
Hindi– Sawan Bhadon (1970)
|Height||In Centimeter- 168 cm|
In Meter- 1.68 m
In Feet- 5’6”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 60 kg |
In Pound- 132 lbs
|Date Of Birth||10 October 1954|
|Rekha Age (2022)||68 Years|
|Birthplace||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|Home town||Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India|
|School||Church Park Convent, Chennai, Tamil Nadu|
|Hobbies||Writing Poetry, Doing Yoga, Making Charcoal Sketches|
|Affairs/Boyfriend||Biswajit Chatterjee (Actor)|
Late Vinod Mehra, (Actor)
Sajid Khan (Actor)
Late Navin Nischol (Actor)
Shatrughan Sinha (Actor)
Amitabh Bachchan (Actor)
Late Mukesh Agarwal (Entrepreneur)
|Husband||Late Mukesh Agarwal|
Marriage Date- 4 March 1990
Died- October 1990
|Parents||Father- Gemini Ganesan (Tamil Actor)|
Mother- Pushpavali (Telugu Actress)
|Sibling||Brother– Satish Kumar Ganesan|
Sister– Kamala Selvaraj, Radha, Jaya Sreedhar, Vijaya Chamundeswari, revati Swaminathan, Narayani Ganesh
|Net worth (2021)||40 Million USD|
|Charges Per Movie||N/A|
Rekha’s Family & Husband
She was born on 10 October 1954 in Chennai to Tamil actor Gemini Ganesan and Telugu actress Pushpavalli. His father was very successful as an actor and Rekha also followed in his footsteps. She considers Telugu as her mother tongue. She also speaks Hindi, Tamil and English very well.
She married Delhi businessman Mukesh Agarwal in 1990. Rumors also swirled that she married actor Vinod Mehra in 1973 but in 2004 Simi Grewal’s TV interview denied her marriage with Mukesh and called him her well wisher.
Rekha’s Early Life and Education
She is an alumnus of Popular Church Park Convent, Chennai. Rekha left her studies to pursue a career in acting. She had no personal desire to come in this line but due to financial problems in the family, She took this step.
She appeared as a child artist in the Telugu film Rangula Ratlam, in which her name was Baby Bhanurekha. She made her heroine debut in 1969 with the successful Kannada film Operation Jackapat Nalli CID 999 in which her hero was Rajkumar.
Rekha’s film journey, which started as a child artist in 1958, continues till date, during which she acted in more than 110 films.
Talking about some of his special films, Do Anjaane (1976), Khoon Pasina (1977), Muqaddar Ka Sikander (1978), Mr. Natwarlal (1979), Suhaag (1979), Khubsoorat (1980), Umrao Jaan (1981), Silsila (1981), Sadaa Suhagan (1986), Sansar (1987), Khoon Bhari Maang (1988), Phool Bane Angaray (1991) , Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi (1996), Lajja (2001), Koi… Mil Gaya (2003), Krrish (2006), Super Nani (2014), Shamitabh (2015).
Awards and Honors
Rekha has received many awards in her career, information about some important awards is being shared.
- National Award for Best Actress for the film Umrao Jaan in the year 1982.
- Filmfare Awards in the year 1981 (Khubsoorat) and 1989 (Khoon Bhari Maang).
- 2010: She was awarded the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian honor from the Government of India.
Some Facts About Rekha
- She was born as Rekha Ganesan in Chennai to Gemini Ganesan and Pushpavalli. The actor has one sister, five half-sisters, and a half-brother.
- She has been linked with multiple co-stars including Amitabh Bachchan, Raj Babbar, Vinod Mehra, Jeetendra, Akshay Kumar, and many more.
- The actor appeared in the International Harper and Queens magazine in the year 1987.
- In the year 1982, there were reports that she was turning producer and director for a film.
- Besides acting, she is also quite good at doing mimicry. Rekha has lent her voice for Neetu Singh in Yaarana and Smita Patil in the film Waaris.
- She is very passionate about singing and at RD Burman’s request, the actor even hummed two songs in her film ‘Khoobsurat’.
- The actor became a member of the Upper House in May 2012.
Who is Rekha’s husband?
What is the age of Rekha in 2021?
What is Rekha’s real name?
Bhanurekha Gemini Ganesan