Rohit Sharma is an Indian international cricketer who captains the India national cricket team in ODIs and T20Is. He vice-captains the Indian cricket team in Test cricket. He also plays for Mumbai in domestic cricket and captains Mumbai Indians in the Indian Premier League as a right-handed batsman and an occasional right-arm off break bowler.
Rohit Sharma Bio/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Rohit Gurunath Sharma|
|Nick Name||Hitman, Ro, Shaana|
|Debut Match||ODI– 23 June 2007 Against Ireland at Belfast|
Test– 6 November 2013 against West Indies at Kolkata
T-20– 19 September 2007 against England at Durban
|Playing Role||Top Order Batter|
|Batting Style||Right Hand Bat|
|Bowling Style||Right Arm Offbreak|
|Team||India, Mumbai, Mumbai Indians,|
|Rohit Sharma Height||In Centimetre- 173 cm|
In Metre- 1.73 m
In Feet- 5’8”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 72 kg |
In Pound- 159 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 40 Inches|
Waist- 31 Inches
Biceps- 12 Inches
|Eye colour||Dark Brown|
|Date Of Birth||30 April 1987|
|Rohit Sharma Age (2021)||34 Years|
|Birthplace||Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|Home town||Nagpur, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Swami Vivekanand International School and Junior School, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Watching Movies, Playing Table Tennis.|
Ritika Sajdeh (Sports Manager)
|Marriage Date||13 December 2015|
|Children||Daughter– Samaira (Born On 2018)|
|Parents||Father– Gurunath Sharma |
Mother– Purnima Sharma
|Sibling||Brother– Vishal Sharma (Elder)|
|Rohit Sharma Net worth (2021)||24 Million USD|
|IPL Auction Price||INR 16 Crore (2022) (Rohit Sharma IPL 2022 Price)|
INR 16 Crore (2021)
INR 16 Crore (2020)
|Rohit Sharma IPL 2021 Runs||1012|
Family, Early Life and Education
Rohit Sharma was born on 30 April 1987 in Bansod, Nagpur, Maharashtra, to Purnima Sharma and Gurunath Sharma. Rohit’s father worked as a caretaker of a transport firm storehouse. His father didn’t have adequate financial means to support Rohit and hence he was raised by his grandparents and uncles in Borivali.
Rohit Sharma has a younger brother named Vishal. Rohit Sharma’s wife name is Ritika Sajdeh, the couple got married in 2015. They have a beautiful daughter, her name is Samaira Sharma.
Rohit Sharma has donated Rs 80 lakh to fight the rapidly-spreading COVID–19 pandemic.
First Class Career
- Rohit Sharma made his List A debut for West Zone against Central Zone in the Deodhar Trophy at Gwalior in March 2005.
- Sharma made his first-class debut for India A against New Zealand A at Darwin in July 2006. He scored 57 and 22 as India won by 3 wickets.
- Rohit Sharma made his Ranji Trophy debut for Mumbai in the 2006–07 season and scored 205 off 267 balls against Gujarat.
- Rohit was made the captain of Mumbai Indians in 2013 and won his team the IPL title in the very first match. As of 2020, Sharma has 5 IPL titles under his belt having won the tournament in 2013, 2015, 2017, 2019 and 2020.
- Sharma has been one of the most successful players in the IPL as captain since 2013 of the Mumbai Indians, who have won the tournament five times under his leadership. He is currently (March 2022) one of six players who have scored 5,000 career runs in the competition. Sharma has 5,662 runs with one century and 40 half centuries and is the third-highest run scorer after Virat Kohli (6,283) and Shikhar Dhawan (5,784).
- Rohit made his full international debut in a one-day match against Ireland in Belfast on 23 June 2007.
- After which Sharma was occasionally dropped from the team but finally made it back every single time. Sharma had a disastrous 2012 when he scored only 168 runs in the whole calendar year.
- In November 2013, during Sachin Tendulkar‘s farewell series, Sharma made his Test debut at Eden Gardens in Kolkata against the West Indies and scored 177, the second-highest score on debut by an Indian to Shikhar Dhawan (187).
- He scored his first overseas Test century on 4 September 2021 with an innings of 127 against England at The Oval, also reaching the target of 3,000 runs in Test cricket
T20 International Career
- Sharma debuted for India in T20 internationals during the 2007 ICC World Twenty20 and was a part of the World Cup-winning Indian national team. By scoring 106 against India on 2 October 2015 Sharma became the second cricketer to have scored a century in all three formats on the international stage.
- Sharma holds the world record for the highest individual score by a batsman playing in a one-day international match, having scored 264 against Sri Lanka at Eden Gardens, Kolkata, on 13 November 2014
- In January 2020, Sharma was named as the ODI Player of the Year by the International Cricket Council (ICC).
- During the 2019 World Cup, Sharma became the only batsman to scored five centuries in a single edition of the Cricket World Cup.
- 2015- Arjuna Awards
- 2020- Major Dhyan Chand Khel Ratna
- ICC ODI Player Of The Year- 2019
- ICC Men’s Test Team of the Year: 2021