Rohit Shetty is an Indian film director and cinematographer. As a filmmaker, he has worked for Golmaal, Golmaal Returns, Golmaal 3, Singham, Bol Bachchan, Singham Returns, Chennai Express. He was also nominated for the Filmfare Award for Best Director for Chennai Express. He is also known for the action scenes he shoots in his films. He is one of the chief directors of the Hindi film industry. The easy-to-bounce scenes of cars in his films are usually shot. His movies are very much liked by the children.
Rohit Shetty Bio/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Rohit Shetty|
|Debut Movie||Phool Aur Kaante (1991)|
|Height||In Centimetre- 185 cm|
In Metre- 1.85 m
In Feet- 6’1”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 80 kg |
In Pound- 176 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 42 Inches|
Waist- 36 Inches
Biceps- 16 Inches
|Date Of Birth||14 March 1973|
|Rohit Shetty Age (2021)||48 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Home town||Mangalore, Karnataka, India|
|School||St. Mary’s School, Mumbai|
|Affairs/Girlfriend||Prachi Desai (Actress)|
|Rohit Shetty Wife||Maya Shetty (Banker)|
|Parents||Father– Madhu Balwant Shetty|
Mother– Ratna Shetty
|Sibling||Brother- 2 |
Hriday Shetty (Step-Brother)
Uday Shetty (Step Brother)
Mahek Shetty (All Elder)
|Net worth (2021)||38 Million USD|
|Charges Per Movie|
Family, Early Life and Education
Rohit Shetty was born on 14 March 1974 in Mumbai. Rohit Shetty Mother is Ratna Shetty, who has been a Bollywood junior artist. His father’s name is MB Shetty also known as Fighter Shetty, is a movie fight master who has worked in Hindi and Kannada films. He has four sisters.
Rohit Shetty Career
He started his career at the age of 17 as an assistant director with Kuku Kohli in Phool Aur Kant. After this he assisted in Kuku as well as in another film Ek Aur Kohinoor which never got released. Apart from this, Rohit worked with him in many films like Suhaag, Haqeeqat, Zulmi.
Shetty made his directorial debut with the film Zameen in 2003. He came into limelight when he directed the 2006 comedy film Golmaal: Fun Unlimited which had a long starcast like Ajay Devgn, Arshad Warsi, Tusshar Kapoor, Sharman Joshi.
In 2008, he directed his third film Sunday starring Ajay Devgn, Arshad Warsi, Ayesha Takia. Sunday was a comic thriller. His second project in 2008 was Golmaal’s sequel Golmaal Returns.
In 2011, Rohit’s film Singham was released in which Ajay Devgan was again the lead actor. Ajay played the role of Police Inspector Bajirao Singham in this film.
His next release was Bol Bachchan a comedy-drama starring Ajay Devgn and Abhishek Bachchan in the lead roles. Bol Bachchan did decent business in India and Abhishek’s performance and comic timing in the film were highly praised.
Shetty’s Chennai Express starring superstar Shah Rukh Khan and Deepika Padukone in lead roles, was released on 9 August 2013. Chennai Express became the highest grossing Bollywood film in the domestic market and the third highest grossing film in the overseas market.
Zameen, Golmaal, Sunday, Golmaal Returns, All the Best: Fun Begins, Golmaal 3, Singham, Bol Bachchan (2012), Chennai Express (2013), Singham Returns (2014), Dilwale (2015), Golmaal Again (2017), Simmba (2018), Sooryavanshi (2021).
Some Facts About Rohit Shetty
- Rohit started his journey in Bollywood at the age of 17 as an assistant director with Kuku Kohli in ‘Phool Aur Kaante’. This was also a debut film of Ajay Devgn. Rohit, therefore, shares a great bond with Ajay Devgn and he enrolled him for ‘Zameen’ his directorial debut film.
- He also worked as a spot boy to Tabu when she was filming ‘Haqeeqat’ and used to iron her sarees. Rohit was Kajol’s spot boy. He made her hair for an entire schedule.
- And now, Rohit Shetty is a King of 100 crore club as his films from ‘Golmaal 3’, ‘Singham’, ‘Bol Bachchan’, ‘Chennai Express’, ‘Singham Returns’ and recently released ‘Simmba’ earned more than 100 crores at the box office.
- The director is married to Maya Shetty and has a son Ishaan.
- Forbes India have named Rohit Shetty as Bollywood’s Hit Man.
- Rohit Shetty is not only good at making films but also his stint as a host on the small screen has won appreciation. He proved his mettle as a host of ‘Khatron Ke Khiladi’.
- Rohit shares a good equation with all in the Hindi film industry. Be it Ajay Devgn, Shah Rukh Khan or Karan Johar, Shetty is friends with all of them. In fact, he was the man who got Ajay Devgn and SRK to patch up.