Sher Singh Rana who is known for his remarkable journey, Sher Singh Rana belongs to the Rajput community and he became worldwide famous after he brought the remains of the 11th-century ruler Prithvi Raj Chauhan.
Sher Singh Rana is the upcoming Bollywood film of not only actor Vidyut Jammwal, but a man who is responsible for the death of Indian dacoit-turned-politician Phoolan Devi.
Recently Vidyut Jammwal took to the social media platform to announce his upcoming film Sher Singh Rana, which is based on the man who killed Phoolan Devi. This is a biopic. Since the announcement of the film, there has been a lot of trolling and discussion about it.
Sher Singh Rana Biography & Wiki
|Sher Singh Rana Real Name||Pankaj SIngh Pundir|
|Political Party||Rashtravadi Janlok Party (RJP)|
|Famous For||Killing Phoolan Devi (The Bandit Queen)|
Bringing back the ashes of Prithviraj Chauhan
|Sher Singh Rana Height||In Centimeter- 173 cm|
In Meter- 1.73 m
In Feet- 5’8”
|Sher Singh Rana Weight||In Kilogram- 65 kg|
In Pound- 143 lbs
|Date Of Birth||17 May 1976|
|Sher Singh Rana Age (2022)||46 Years|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Virgo|
|Home town||Roorkee, Uttarakhand|
|Educational Qualification||Post Graduate in Political Science|
|Sher Singh Rana Wife||Pratima Raje Bundela|
|Marriage Date||28 February 2021|
|Parents||Father– Surendra Rana|
Mother– Satyawati Rana
|Sibling||Brother– Vijay Rana|
|Sher Singh Rana Net Worth (2022)||₹ 40 Lakh INR|
Family, Early Life and Education
Sher Singh Rana’s birth name is Pankaj Singh Pundir. His date of birth is 17 May 1976. He was born in a Rajput family in Roorkee, Uttarakhand. He is a politician by profession.
His wife’s name is Pratima Singh. He did not accept dowry for marrying Pratima’s family. Sher Singh Rana performed the marriage ceremony with a silver coin, refusing to accept the 10 crore mine, Rs 31 lakh omen found in dowry.
“I will convince the youth of my community not to take dowry”, says Rana. His wife Pratima Raje Bundela is from a Ghuwara in Chhatarpur, Madhya Pradesh. He has done PG in Political Science.
Phoolan Devi assassination
Sher Singh Rana is associated with the Nationalist Janlok Party or RJP. He was accused of murdering India’s dacoit queen Phoolan Devi outside her New Delhi home.
Phoolan Devi was an MP till then. She was till then a sitting member in the 13th Lok Sabha. He told the court about his motive for the murder.
He said that he killed Phoolan Devi because she was responsible for killing 22 people of his caste (Thakur) in the 1970s and 1980s.
Rana was gunned down by Sher Singh Rana along with his friends Rajbir Rana and Dheeraj Rana on Delhi’s Ashok Road. He has proudly admitted that he had avenged the death of 21 Thakurs of the Behmai village family.
Escape from Tihar Jail
- Rana was sent to Tihar Jail for the murder of Phoolan Devi. Rana reportedly said that after escaping from jail on 17 February 2004 with the help of a friend Sandeep, who pretended to take Rana to the Haridwar court under the guise of a policeman.
- He went to Moradabad and checked-in at a hotel. He then approached relatives who had sent him ₹ 1 lakh through Sandeep. From Ranchi, he had applied for a passport in the name of Sanjay Gupta.
- During a two-month wait for a passport, he went to Gaya and Banaras, where he met his “financier” Subhash Thakur, who was then lodged in a local jail. Rana then went to Kolkata, where he obtained a three-month Bangladesh visa.
- Rana claimed that he took a house for rent in Khulna and lived there as Sanjay. After fleeing to Bangladesh, he bought a satellite phone for ₹16,500 so that he could contact his relatives and friends without being tracked.
- Throughout his journey – from Moradabad to Ranchi, Kolkata, Bangladesh and from Dubai to Afghanistan, he allegedly received around ₹15,000 to ₹20,000 a month as personal expenses from accomplices of Subhash Thakur, a criminal from Uttar Pradesh. He often went to Kolkata to extend his visa. Several times he did this in Dhaka.
Sher Singh Rana: Bringing Back Remains of Prithvi Raj Chauhan from Kandahar
- When he was in jail he took oath to bring back the remains of Prithviraj Chauhan from Afghanistan. Sher Singh Rana had planned to escape from Tihar Jail with his friends on 17 February 2004 to go on a mission to bring back the tomb of Hindu Emperor Prithviraj Chauhan to the motherland.
- He stayed in Afghanistan for a week from Kabul to Kandahar to Ghazni to find the tomb of the Hindu king Prithviraj Chauhan after several challenges.
- He disrespected the tomb with shoes on the grave before entering to see the tomb of Muhammad Ghori. Rana decided to take Balu with him at any cost.
- The local people inquired from where he had come. Rana replied that he is from Pakistan to return Ghori’s tomb. Manipulating them, he dug Chauhan’s “grave” and collected all the sand from it.
- He also uploaded a video of it on Youtube but was not caught after that. He escaped from prison and remained unharmed for almost 2 years. (Watch Video )
- He was arrested again after returning to India and reaching Kolkata, but by then he was being commended by the nation for bringing back the remains of his emperor Prithvi Raj Chauhan.
Sher Singh Rana reached Behmai 20 years after killing Phoolan Devi
- He visited Behmai village to pay floral tributes to the Thakurs (memorials) who were killed in 1981. Sher Singh Rana met all the family members. In the massacre, Raja Ram Singh welcomed Sher Singh to his home.
- Seeing Sher Rana, the nearby villagers in Behmai village burst into joy. Although many of the village population has not witnessed the massacre, but (Pankaj Singh) is aware of Sher Singh Rana’s bravery.
- People celebrated his arrival by garlanding Rana and cheering him with the song Sher Singh Rana. He said that he would continue to fight for the honor of Thakurs no matter what happens.
The youth of Behmai say Hero Sher Singh Rana
- On 14 August 2014, he was sentenced to life imprisonment and a fine of Rs 1 lakh. However, by then people had stopped seeing Sher Singh Rana as a murderer and the Hindu Kshatriya army had also praised him for his efforts. After that Sher Singh Rana was granted interim bail.
- He built a temple for Prithvi Raj Chauhan with the help of his mother and kept the remains of the king there.
- In 2012, Sher Singh Rana also formed his own party named Nationalist Jan Lok Party and contested the elections, but in vain. He married Pratima Singh on 28 February 2018. He wrote his diary in jail which has been used for the film. He also wrote about his escape from prison and the murder of Phoolan Devi.
Some Facts About Sher Singh Rana
- Bollywood actor Vidyut Jammwal is going to do his first biopic soon. In this, he will play the character of Sher Singh Rana.
- Sher Singh Rana shooting will be commenced very soon and the makers expressed their excitement through their social media handles. Vidyut Jamwal has said ‘ I’m honored to play the title role of Sher Singh Rana’. however the makers have not divulged any details about the film, they will announce it in the coming days.