Shreya Ghoshal is an Indian playback singer. Apart from Hindi films, Shreya also does playback singing in Kannada, Marathi, Telugu, Tamil, Bengali and Punjabi films. Shreya Ghoshal has been awarded with 6 Filmfare Awards so far.
Shreya Ghoshal Bio/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Shreya Ghoshal|
|Debut Singing||Tamil– Yen Chellam (2002)|
Hindi– Dola Re Dola (2002)
|Height||In Centimetre- 160 cm |
In Metre- 1.60 m
In Feet- 5’3”
|Weight||In Kilogram-52 kg |
In Pound- 114 lbs
|Body Measurement||Not Known|
|Date Of Birth||12 March 1984|
|Shreya Ghoshal Age (2021)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Murshidabad, West Bengal|
|Home town||Rawatbhata, Rajasthan, India|
|School||Atomic Energy Central School No. 04, Rawatbhata.|
|College/University||SIES College of Arts Science & Commerce Sion West, Mumbai|
|Hobbies||Travelling, Read Books, Cooking|
|Affairs/Boyfriend||Shaladitya Mukhopadhyaya (Entrepreneur)|
|Shreya Ghoshal Husband||Shaladitya Mukhopadhyaya (Entrepreneur)|
Marriage Date- 5 February 2015
|Children||Son- Devyaan (Born On 22 May 2021)|
|Parents||Father- Bishwajit GhosalMother- Sarmishtha Ghoshal|
|Sibling||Brother- Soumyadeep GhoshalSister- N/A|
|Net worth (2021)||25 Million USD|
|Charges Per Song||8 to 10 Lakh INR|
Personal Life & Family
Shreya Ghoshal was born on 12 March 1984 in the small village of Brahmapur in West Bengal. His father’s name is Vishwajit Ghoshal, who is an electrical engineer in the Nuclear Power Corporation of India. His mother’s name is Sharmishtha Ghoshal, who is a duodenum. Shreya also has a brother- Soumyadeep Ghoshal.
Early Life and Education
Due to the transferable job of her father, Shreya did her studies till her eighth in Rawatbhata near Kota. After that he was transferred to Bhabha Atomic Research Center. After this Shreya’s family shifted to Mumbai. Shreya completed her further studies in Mumbai.
Shreya had a special interest in music since her school days. Shreya’s mother is her mentor, she explained the first meaning of music to Shreya. Shreya’s mother used to sing Bengali songs at home, which Shreya used to listen to her. Seeing Shreya’s inclination towards music, her parents got her enrolled in Hindustani classical music.
At a very young age, Shreya won the GT V reality show Sa Re Ga Mapa. Singer Sonu Nigam, and Kalyan ji were judging that show at that time. He persuaded Shreya’s parents to come to Mumbai, after which Shreya took Kalyan ji’s music lessons for 18 months and also continued classical music training.
The credit for bringing Shreya into the film music world goes to the film director Sanjay Leela Bhansali. He gave Shreya the first break of singing in Bollywood with her film Devdas. After singing the song in Devdas, Shreya became one of the topmost singers of Bollywood. For this song, Shreya was awarded the Filmfare Best Playback Singer Debut Award as well as the RD Burman Award for New Music Talent.
Shreya has shown her singing skills in many films in her Bollywood career. For this he was also awarded several hours. Shreya is such a Bollywood singer who speeds every song in the best way whether it is a romantic or a sad song or a peppy. Apart from this, Shreya has also judged many singing based reality shows on the loose screen, including Indian Idol, Amul Voice Star of India Chhote Ustad.
Shreya Ghoshal Songs:
“Chaka Chak”- Atrangi Re, “Tere Rang”- Atrangi Re, “Suna Hai” (Female Version)- Sanak, “Zaalima Coca Cola”- Bhuj: The Pride of India, “Param Sundari”- Mimi, “Chal Wahin Chalein”- Saina, “Chal Tera Shukriya”- Sadak 2, “Taare Ginn”- Dil Bechara, “Sapna Hai Sach Hai”- Panipat
Some Facts About Shreya Ghoshal
- Shreya Ghoshal started learning Music at the age of 4.
- She is a Bengali, was born in Baharampur, West Bengal
- Shreya has recorded film songs in 12 different Indian Languages. Languages include Hindi, Bengali, Assamese, Bhojpuri, Tamil, Telugu, Oriya, Gujarati, Kannada, Marathi, Malayalam, Nepali etc.
- Her Voice is popular in 5 Genres – Ghazal, Classical, Pop, Filmi, Bhajan
- At the age of 16, she won the Zee TV’s Sa Re Ga Ma singing talent show.
- Sanjay Leela Bhansali noticed her in that show and gave an opportunity in Devdas
- With her Bollywood Debut (Devdas), she won a National Award & a Filmfare Award at the age of just 18.
- Shreya Ghoshal has recorded more than 1000 songs in different languages.
- She hosted Reality TV shows including Indian Idol Junior, Amul STAR Voice of India etc.
- In February 2015, she married her childhood friend Shiladitya Mukhopadhyaya.
- In 2013, she was honored at the House of Commons of the United Kingdom (UK) for her contribution to music.
- It was the highest honor in London given to any singer from India.
Who is Shreya Ghoshal’s husband?
How many songs Shreya Ghoshal sing till now?
She sang more than 2765 songs in 20+ languages and especially in Hindi she sang 1100+ songs.