Shubman Gill is a very good player for the Indian team. In 2018, he played the considerable innings of his career. Shubman got an opportunity in the Indian cricket team in 2019. He was also associated with the IPL in the year 2018. Veteran Cricketer Sunil Gavaskar gave his response and said that Shubman is the next big star of the country, who will go to great heights.
|Real Name/ Full Name||Shubman Gill|
|Height||5 feet 10 inch|
|Weight||65 kg (Kilogram)|
143 Ibs (Pounds)
|Body Measurement||Chest- 38 inches|
Waist- 30 Inches
Biceps- 12 Inches
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Born||8 September 1999|
|Age (2021)||22 years|
|Birth Place||Fazilka, Punjab, India|
|Hometown||Jaimal Singh Wala Village, Jalalabad, Forozepur, Punjab.|
|School||Manan Mangal Smart School, Mohali Punjab.|
|Parents||Lakhwinder Singh Gill ( Agriculturist)|
Korat Gill (Mother)
|Siblinigs||Sister- Sahneel Kaur Gill (Elder)|
|International||U19- 12 August 2011 Against England|
ODI- 31 January 2019 Against New Zealand
Test- 26 December 2020 Against Australia
|Role||Middle Order Batsman|
|Batting Style||Right Handed|
|Bowling Style||Right-Arm Off Spinner|
|Jersey Number||#77 (U-19)|
|Coach/ Mentor||Rahul Dravid|
|Team||Punjab Kolkata Knight Riders|
|Net Worth||1 million (2020)|
|Auction Money||1.8 crore- KKR-2021|
- Shubman Gill was born on 8 September 1999 in Fazilka, Punjab. The Gill family owns farmland and land in Fazilka. Shubman’s father’s name is Lakhwinder Singh. Shubman’s father used to ask people working in the fields to throw hair to help Shubman in his batting practice. Shubman’s father tells that Shubman was interested in cricket from the age of 3. Shubman Gill did not play with toys other than the bat-ball.
- Shubman’s father, seeing this craze for cricket in his son, started thinking of getting him professional cricket coaching. To satisfy this determination, the Gill family decided to settle in Mohali, Punjab. He took a rented house near PCA Stadium in Mohali and started Shubman’s cricket coaching.
- Shubman Gill started learning cricket with full zeal and passion and within a few years its results started showing. Shubman made his first-class cricket debut in 2016-17 playing for Punjab, Vijay Hazare Trophy in February 2017 and Ranji Trophy match in November 2017 and Shubman made his professional debut in the world of cricket.
- Playing for the Vijay Merchant Trophy in the Under-16 team, Shubman Gill started with an unbeaten double century. For the last two years, Shubman Gill has been declared the best junior cricketer by the BCCI. Playing in the Under-19 team, Shubman scored 147 runs in the one-day match against England. Shubman Gill won the Man of the Series award in this match series.
- Shubman used to play with the bat all day. And even at night, he used to sleep by keeping the bat under the pillow on his bed. For little Shubman, the father got a cricket net installed in the courtyard and started practicing batting by throwing balls himself. According to Lakhwinder Singh – Shubman has a habit of playing dominating the bowler since childhood. Even at that time, he used to go ahead on the pitch and hit drive shots and used to play cricket with children older than him.
- Due to his consistent performance in the World Cup Under-19, Shubman Gill was bought by the KKR Kolkata team for IPL 2108. Gill scored his first century against Pakistan in the semi-final match of the World Cup Under-19, which is the first century of any Indian in the 2018 Under-19 Cricket World Cup. In the IPL auction held on 27-28 January 2018, Gill was bought by KKR for Rs 1.8 crore.
- At the age of just 11, he was selected to play in the U-16 Punjab cricket team at the district level. In his first series, he scored 330 runs in five matches and set a record.
- In the year 2014, he scored more than 200 runs in his introductory Vijay Merchant Trophy U16 Punjab state level match.
- Shubman scored 351 runs in the Punjab Cricket Tournament Inter District U-16 ML Markan Trophy and shared a world record 587 runs partnership with Nirmal Singh at the district level.
- In the year 2017, he made his List A debut against Vidarbha cricket team in Delhi.
- In 2017 he was selected in India’s U-19 cricket team. Due to which he played his first match against England in the youth ODI series. He became the man of the series scoring 351 runs in this series.
- He was elected the vice-captain for the Under-19 Cricket World Cup 2018.
- Youngest cricketer to lead a side in the Deodhar Trophy
- Supreme scorer for Punjab in 2018-19 Ranji Trophy (728)
- Leading run-scorer for India in 2018 U-19 WC (372)
- Youngest batsman for Indian team to score a double century in a first-class match vs West Indies A.
- He was awarded the M.A.Chidambaram Trophy as the Best U-16 Cricketer by the BCCI for the successful 2013-2014 season.
- Emerging Player of the tournament award in the 2019 IPL
- Player of the Tournament in 2018 U19 WC
- Shubman Gill, playing for Punjab during the Ranji Trophy in 2020, had abused the umpire after he was given out. Not only this, after this behavior of Shubman, the umpire also changed his decision, due to which the Delhi team was angry.