Smriti Irani is a female politician. She is working as an important minister in the Government of India. Prior to this, she was an Indian television actress. In the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, She defeated Congress President and MP from Amethi, Rahul Gandhi.
She is the Minister of Women and Child Development in the Union Cabinet of India since May 2019. A prominent leader within the Bharatiya Janata Party, she is a Member of Parliament in the Lok Sabha, representing Amethi.
Irani was the youngest minister in the 2019 Council of Ministers, when she was sworn in as a Cabinet Minister in May 2019 at the age of 43. Having a diverse family background, Irani can speak in several Indian languages including Hindi, Bengali, Marathi, Gujarati, and Punjabi; as her paternal family has a Punjabi and Maharashtrian heritage, while her maternal family has a Bengali heritage.
Smriti Irani’s Biography/Wiki
|Smriti Irani’s Real Name||Smriti Malhotra|
|Smriti Irani Height||In centimeter- 170 centimeter|
In Meters – 1.7 meter
In feet & inches – 5’7
|Weight||In Kilogram- 80kg|
In Pound- 176 Ibs
|Body Measurement||Not Known|
|Date of birth||23 March 1976|
|Smriti Irani’s Age||45 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Home town||New Delhi, India|
|School||Holy Child Auxilium School, New Delhi|
|College/university||School Of Open Learning, University of Delhi.|
|Marital status||Married (January 2001)|
|Smriti Irani’s Affairs||N/A|
|Smriti Irani’s Husband/spouse||Zubin Irani|
|Children||Son– Zohr Irani|
Daughter– Zoish Irani & Shanelle Irani
|Parents||Father– Ajay Kumar Malhotra|
Mother– Smt. Shabani Bagchi
|Sibling||Sister- 2 Younger Sisters Name Not Know|
|Smriti Irani’s Net worth/ Salaries||Movable– Rs. 3.83 Crore (As in 2019)|
Immovable– Rs. 7.28 Crore (As In 2019)
Net Worth– 11.11 Crore (As in 2019)
Salaries– Rs.1 Lakh/month+ Other Allowances (As A Member Of Parliament)
Family, Caste, and Husband
Born on 23 March 1977, Smriti belongs to a Punjabi family. His father Ajay Kumar Malhotra belonged to a Punjabi family. While her mother Shibani came from a Bengali family. Smriti is the eldest of three sisters. Smriti married Zubin Irani in 2001. Zubin Irani is a businessman. Both of them have 3 children from this marriage, a boy and two girls. The boy’s name is Zohr while the girls are Zoisi & Shanelle Irani
Early Life and Education
Delhi-born Smriti did her 12th standard from Holy Child Auxilium School in New Delhi. While She has obtained his degree from Delhi University.
Smriti Irani Career
As An Actress– Smriti left Delhi and moved to Mumbai in the 1990s. Smriti Irani participated in the Femina Miss India beauty pageant in 1998 in Mumbai, Although she could not win this competition, she made her place among the top finalists. Smriti Irani got the right recognition from Ekta Kapoor’s play ‘Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi’. In this play, Smriti played the role of a woman named Tulsi. This play was very much liked by the people. This play ran from 3 July 2000 to 6 November 2008.
As A Politician- In the year 2003, Smriti considered it appropriate to choose the Bharatiya Janata Party to enter her politics. At the same time, in 2004, Smriti Irani was given the post of Vice President of Maharashtra Youth Wing by the party and Smriti Irani’s political career started from here, which has reached a new height today. In her political journey of 19 years, Smriti has performed many important responsibilities given by the party. Not only this, for the Lok Sabha elections held in the country in the year 2014, BJP had pitted Smriti against Rahul Gandhi. However, in this election, Smriti was defeated by Rahul Gandhi. But after the victory of BJP in these elections, She was made a Union Minister. In the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, Smriti Irani was pitted against Rahul Gandhi of Amethi, in which she was victorious.
Facts Of Smriti Irani
- Smriti started her career working as a waitress at McDonald’s in Bandra, Mumbai.
- After that, Irani was one of the finalists in the Miss India pageant in the year 1998.
- In the year 1998, Irani was seen in a Punjabi song with Mika Singh.
- In the mid-2000s, Irani became very popular, when she played the role of Tulsi Virani in Ekta Kapoor’s production “Kyunki Saas Bhi Kabhi Bahu Thi” on Star Plus.
- Irani also received the Indian Television Academy Award for Best Actress (Popular) for five consecutive times.
- In the year 2007, Smriti left the show due to differences with Ekta Kapoor. Later in the year 2008, Smriti again returned to the show during a special episode.
- In the year 2001, Irani played the role of Sita in the Ramayana aired on Zee TV.
- In 2003, Irani joined the BJP and in 2004 became the Vice President of the Maharashtra Youth Wing.
- In the year 2011, Smriti Irani became a Rajya Sabha member from Gujarat.
- After the 2014 Lok Sabha elections, she was appointed Minister of Information and Broadcasting by the Bharatiya Janata Party, at present she is the Minister of Women and Child Development.
Who is Smriti Irani?
Ans- Smriti Irani is an Indian Politician & A Former Television Actress & Model.
Who is the Husband Of Smriti Irani?
Ans- Zubin Irani A Businessman by Profession is The Husband Of Smriti Irani.
What is the Age of Smriti Irani?
Ans- She was born on 23 March 1976 and as of October 2021 she is 45 years old.