Sonam Kapoor is an Indian Actress who predominantly working in Bollywood Film Industry. She is one of the most popular actress who was featured in Forbes India’s Celebrity 100 list from year 2012 to 2016.
Sonam Kapoor Biography & Wiki
|Sonam Kapoor Full Name||Sonam Kapoor Ahuja|
|Nick Name||Sana, Sonz|
|Debut Movie||Sawariya (2017)|
|Sonam Kapoor Height||In Centimeter- 175 cm|
In Meter- 1.75 m
In Feet- 5’9”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 55 kg |
In Pound- 121 lbs
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Date Of Birth||9 June 1985 (Sunday)|
|Sonam Kapoor Age (2022)||37 Years|
|Birthplace||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Gemini|
|Home town||Mumbai, Maharashtra, India|
|School||Arya Vidya Mandir, Juhu, Mumbai|
|College/University||University Of Mumbai, Mumbai|
University Of East London, London
|Address||31 Shrinagar, 7th Road, JVPD Scheme, Mumbai|
|Tattoo(s)||On Her Wrist- Written “Faith”|
On Her Hips- Written “Sonam” in chinese Language
|Affairs/Boyfriend||Sahir Berry (Entrepreneur, Model)|
Punit Malhotra (Director)
Anand Ahuja (Entrepreneur)
|Sonam Kapoor Husband||Anand Ahuja|
|Marriage Date||8 May 2018 (Tuesday)|
|Marriage Place||Rockdale, Bandra, Mumbai|
|Parents||Father– Anil Kapoor|
Mother– Sunita Kapoor
|Sibling||Brother– Harshvardhan Kapoor (Younger, Actor)|
Sister– Rhea Kapoor (Younger, Director)
|Hobbies||Reading, Shopping, Writing, Collecting Paintings|
|Food||Pav Bhaji, Cholar Dal, Pork Belly Bun, Dahi Batata Puri,|
|Singer||A R Rahman|
|Book||Pride & Prejudice by Jane Austen, Emma by Jane Austine, Frankenstein by Mary Shelley|
|Destination||Rome, New York, Paris, London|
|Sonam Kapoor Net Worth (2022)||13 Million USD|
|Brand Endorsement Fee||1 – 1.5 Crore INR/ Endorsement|
|Movie Remuneration||4-5 Crore INR|
Family, Early Life and Education
She was born on 9 June, 1985 in Mumbai, Maharashtra, India. Sonam was born to famous Bollywood (Kapoor) family. She is a daughter of Actor Anil Kapoor. She is very close to her siblings, Rhea Kapoor & Harashvardhan who is actor.
She completed her schooling from Arya Vidya Mandir School, Juhu, Mumbai. After that Sonam Kapoor did theater & arts from United World College of South East Asia, Sigapore. Also she completed her graduation in Economics and Pol.Science from University of Mumbai.
Before becoming an actress, Sonam also worked as waitress. Then she started her career as a model. Miss Kapoor is called the fashion queen or fashion diva of Bollywood. For her fashion, she often get trolled by people’s on social media.
On 8 May 2018, Kapoor married Indian businessman Anand Ahuja in a traditional Sikh ceremony in Bandra, Mumbai.
Sonam Kapoor Ahuja is currently enjoying the most amazing phase of their lives these days as she is all set to embrace parenthood with her husband and businessman Anand Ahuja. In March this year, the Veere Di Wedding actress took to her social media handle and announced her pregnancy through a lovely photoshoot with Anand alongside a heartfelt note.
Sonam Kapoor Career
- During the production of Black, Kapoor developed an interest in acting when Bhansali professed that he wanted to cast her in the lead in his next film, Saawariya. She was advised to lose weight; at the time, she weighed about 80 kilograms (180 lb). Released in 2007, Saawariya saw Kapoor play a Muslim woman awaiting the return of her lover opposite Mukerji, Ranbir Kapoor and Salman Khan.
- In 2009, Kapoor played an aspiring singer opposite Abhishek Bachchan in Delhi-6.
- Kapoor’s first release in 2010 was I Hate Luv Stories, opposite Imran Khan. She played an engaged woman who develops a one-sided attraction to her commitment-phobic co-worker.
- Kapoor next played the eponymous role in Aisha, an ensemble romantic comedy-drama based on Jane Austen’s novel Emma, which was produced by her sister Rhea.
- Kapoor’s role in Raanjhanaa (2013) marked a turning point in her career, Kapoor’s role was that of Zoya Haider, a young Muslim student from Varanasi who is drawn into politics after the murder of her Sikh lover.
- Kapoor followed the success of Raanjhanaa with a brief appearance in Bhaag Milkha Bhaag (2013), a biopic on athlete Milkha Singh.
- In 2014, Kapoor portrayed the banker Mayera Sehgal opposite Ayushmann Khurrana and Rishi Kapoor in Bewakoofiyaan.
- She next starred with Fawad Khan in the romantic comedy Khoobsurat, an adaptation of the 1980 film of the same name, playing the role which had originally been given to Rekha.
- Kapoor starred in Ram Madhvani’s biographical thriller Neerja (2016). She was cast as the eponymous air hostess Neerja Bhanot, who died while saving the passengers of the hijacked Pan Am Flight 73 in 1986.
- In 2019, Kapoor starred in the coming-of-age film Ek Ladki Ko Dekha Toh Aisa Laga (as Sonam K Ahuja), co-starring Anil Kapoor, Juhi Chawla, and Rajkummar Rao.
Sonam Kapoor Controversics
- Sonam showed her finger: The actress grabbed eyeballs when she showed her middle finger to the press. During the promotions of her film Players starring Abhishek Bachchan and Bipasha Basu, the actress flashed her middle finger at a conference. Sonam, who never fails from proclaiming how young and spontaneous she is, said, “I don’t believe in censorship, so whether they like it or not, I really don’t care about it. I just want people to come and see my film. Showing a middle finger is a part of today’s youth.” The middle finger-act came into the limelight after the Censor Board objected to Sonam Kapoor’s middle finger-act in Players. (Watch Video)
- Aishwarya Rai is an ‘aunty’: Sonam shocked all when she openly referred to Aishwarya Rai Bachchan as ‘aunty’. The catfight began when Aishwarya Rai Bachchan was replaced by Sonam for a cosmetic brand as their brand ambassador. Sonam went on to proclaim her success and her future walk at Cannes. But the actress could not walk the red carpet that year. Gossip mongers alleged that Ash had a hand in it. But Sonam allegedly retorted by saying that ‘Aishwarya is an aunty from another generation.’ Apparently, Sonam tried to come up with the cliche, ‘I have been misquoted’, after this entire episode.
- Sonam Kapoor exposed Shobha De: After Shobha De’s not-so-kind take on Sonam Kapoor starrer I Hate Luv Stories, Sonam decided to hit back. And the diva chose none other than Karan Johar’s chat show to give it all back. Not only did she hint at Shobha De’s cosmetic surgeries but also made fun of her by calling her a ‘bad writer’. If all this was not enough Sonam, again accused Shobha De of favoring Ranbir Kapoor. Though she later tried to conceal the damage done by stressing on the fact that her sister Rhea and De’s daughter are ‘close pals’.
- Katrina is ‘shameless’: Sonam referred to Katrina Kaif as shameless. In an interview with Anupama Chopra, the actress expressed her desire to send a bouquet to Katrina. On being asked the reason behind it she said, “I don’t know how she does that. You need a certain kind of commitment and a certain kind of shamelessness to do certain things.”