Srikanth Kidambi is one of the finest badminton players of India. Kidambi Srikanth etched his name into history by becoming the first Indian player to win the historic silver medal in the World Badminton Championships on 19 December 2021.
Like PV Sindhu, Srikkanth also learns the nuances of Badminton from Badminton coach Pullela Gopichand. In the year 2014, on the basis of his strong performance in the China Open Super Series, he was recognized after tasting defeat to Lin Dan.
Srikanth Kidambi Bio/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Kidambi Srikanth Nammalwar|
|Profession||Indian Badminton Player|
|World Ranking||#14 (Before BWF 2021 Final)|
|Height||In Centimeter- 176 cm|
In Meter- 1.76 m
In Feet- 5’9” Feet
|Weight||In Kilogram- 65 kg|
In Pound- 143 lbs
|Body Measurement||Chest- 38 Inches|
Waist- 30 Inches
Biceps- 13 Inches
|Date Of Birth||7 February 1993|
|Srikanth Kidambi Age (2021)||29 Years|
|Birthplace||Ravulapalem, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Home town||Guntur, Andhra Pradesh, India|
|Parents||Father- Kittu Kidambi|
|Sibling||Brother- Nandgopal Kidambi (Elder)|
|Net worth (2021)||38 Crore INR|
Srikanth Kidambi Family
Kidambi Srikanth was born as Kidambi Srikanth Nammalwar on 7 February 1993 in the town of Ravulapalem, Andhra Pradesh to father Kittu Kidambi and mother Radha. Srikanth belongs to a Telugu family. His father, KVS Krishna is a landlord, and his mother Radha is a homemaker. Srikanth’s elder brother Nandgopal Kidambi is also a badminton player.
Srikanth Kidambi Early Life
Srikanth took to badminton in 2000 along with his elder brother Nandagopal when they both joined the newly constructed Municipal Stadium in Guntur. Srikanth in 2001
His talent was noticed by the Sports Authority of India and went to Visakhapatnam with his brother to train at the Sports Academy in Andhra Pradesh.
Srikanth Kidambi Career
In 2011, she won her first junior singles title and doubles title at the All India Junior International Badminton Championships in Pune. A year later, he won his first singles title at the Maldives International Challenge.
In 2013, she defeated Parupalli Kashyap to win her first singles national title at the Senior National Badminton Championships.
In 2016, he won two gold medals in men’s singles and the team at the South Asian Games in Guwahati.
In the 2019 South Asian Games, he won the gold medal in the men’s team in Kathmandu, Nepal. In 2020, Srikanth and his team again won a bronze medal at the Asian Team Championships in Manila.
Awards and Honors
- A prize of ₹500,000 was announced for winning the Swiss Open Grand Prix gold in 2015.
- In the year 2015, a prize of ₹500,000 was announced for the Indian Super Series win.
- In 2017, a prize of ₹500,000 was announced for the Indonesia Super Series Premier win.
- In the year 2017, a prize of ₹ 500,000 was announced for the Australian Super Series win.
- On 21 March 2018, Kidambi received the Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award, from the President of India, Ram Nath Kovind.
Facts About Srikkanth Kidambi
- He won the “China Open Super Series Premiere” (2014) and became the first Indian to do so.
- Kidambi won a gold medal at the “Swiss Open Grand Prix Gold” in 2015, becoming the first Indian to do so.
- On 18 June 2017, he defeated Sakai of Japan to win the Indonesia Open Super Series Premier title.
- In April 2018, Kidambi topped the men’s singles rankings with 76895 points.
Who is Shrikant Kidambi?
Shrikant Kidambi is one of the best badminton players in India.
Who is the coach of Shrikant Kidambi?