Tehseen Poonawalla is an Indian businessman, political analyst, anchor and human rights activist. He also writes various columns for many renowned magazines and newspapers. He is the elder brother of famous lawyer and social activist Shahzad Poonawalla.
He is the youngest political analyst who has very precise analysis skills. As an anchor, he worked with popular news channels like Zee News and News 18 Urdu.
In those channels he mainly hosts a political news show. Tehseen supports the political party of the Indian National Congress.
As a writer, he has great skill in research and seeing the latest trend. Currently he is writing his first book, so after finishing he plans to launch it in few shows.
Tehseen Poonawalla Biography & Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Tehseen Poonawalla|
|Profession||Political Analyst, Social Activist & Businessman|
|Famous For||Participated in Bigg Boss 13 as a Wild Card Entry. |
Participating in Kangana Ranaut’s Lock Up as a candidate
|Tehseen Poonawalla Height||In Centimeter- 171 cm|
In Meter- 1.71 m
In Feet- 5’7”
|Date Of Birth||24 May|
|Birthplace||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Zodiac Sign/Sun Sign||Gemini|
|Home town||Pune, Maharashtra|
|Religion/Cast||Atheist (Born In a Mushlim Family)|
|Political Inclination||Congress (INC)|
|Marriage Date||29 March 2016|
|Tehseen Poonawalla Wife||Monicka Vadera Poonawalla (Jewellery Designer & Curator)|
|Parents||Father– Sarfaraz Poonawalla (Indi-Irani)|
Mother– Yasmeen Poonawalla (Ismaili)
|Sibling||Brother– Shehzad Poonawalla (Lawyer, Political Analyst & Civil Rights Activist)|
Tehseen is no longer associated with Shehzad Poonawalla.
|Tehseen Poonawalla Net Worth (2022)||3-5 Million USD|
Birth & Early Life & Education
Tehseen Poonawalla was born on 24 May in the city of Pune, Maharashtra. Tehseen was born in a family of businessmen. His father’s name was Sarfaraz Poonawalla. He was a successful businessman in his own right.
Her mother’s name is Yasmin Poonawalla and she is a stay-at-home mother. Tehseen is very close to her mother and has a special bond.
She also has a younger brother, Shahzad Poonawalla, who lives in the same house. His brother Shahzad Poonawalla is a Congressman. He is part of famous news channels Zee News and News18 Urdu where he mainly works as a host in political debate shows. He is also a columnist.
His brother Shahzad Poonawalla is a lawyer turned politician. Shahzad and Tehseen belong to the Indian National Congress Party. In the absence of his father, Tehseen took care of Shahzad at the age of just five.
He was very good at analysis and presentation right from his school days. He did his early schooling from the famous private school in Pune.
Since he is more interested in politics, he started his studies in political analysis from MIT Pune, India. Also he did his internship under Suresh Kalmadi (Congress leader).
He is married to Monica Vadera, cousin of Robert Vadera (Priyanka Gandhi’s husband). Monica works as a jewellery designer as well as a curator.
It was a grand wedding ceremony, attended by close family and friends, that brought the couple closer together on March 29, 2016. Many famous people and big personalities attended his wedding.
Tehseen Poonawalla Career
- As a guest on various news programmes, he has participated in discussion sessions. In 2010, he was also selected to serve as an advisor to the organizing committee of the Commonwealth Games in Delhi, which took place that year.
- Congress thinker, lawyer, political analyst and social activist who has also written many works for famous magazines and newspapers.
- Currently, he works as a Life Coach and Entrepreneur in the United States.
- In the year 2019, he became recognized after appearing in the most popular reality television series, “Bigg Boss 13” along with several celebrities.
- He hosted famous shows like “Do Bhai Do Rukh” and “Bhai Vs Bhai” along with his brother Shahzad. Both the shows were huge hits and she was praised for her analysis in the show.
- In the year 2022, she was part of the Indian reality show Locked Up which was hosted by Indian actress Kangana Ranaut.
Tehseen Poonawalla Controversy
- In the year 2017, he said that he rejected his brother; Because his brother made some negative comments against Congress party leaders.
- In 2019, Smriti Irani (BJP minister) accused Tehseen of making sexist remarks against her in 2016.
- In the year 2019, he was fined by the Supreme Court of India for mocking Jain Guru ‘Tarun Sagar’.
Some Facts About Teheen Ponawalla
- Tehseen Poonawalla was the highest paid contestant in Bigg Boss 13, earning Rs 21 lakh per week for her participation.
- He married Monica Vadera, husband of Priyanka Gandhi and cousin of Robert Vadera, brother-in-law of Rahul Gandhi. Robert Vadera is also the son-in-law of Rahul Gandhi.
- His wife, Monica Vadera Poonawalla, was a jewellery designer, curator and producer of the “House of MVJ” (Monica Vadera Jewellery) in Koregaon Park, Maharashtra.
- Earlier this year he gave a TEDx talk, and he can speak several languages.
- He enjoys writing and contributes to various newspapers and magazines.
- He was often called upon by news stations to participate in political debates.
Who is Tehseen Poonawalla?
Tehseen Poonawalla is an Indian businessman, political analyst, anchor and human rights activist.
When did Tehseen Poonawalla get married?
29 March 2016
Who is Tehseen Poonawalla’s wife?