Tejasvi Surya is an Indian politician, RSS swayamsevak and lawyer serving as the Member of Parliament in the 17th Lok Sabha from the Bharatiya Janata Party, representing the Bangalore South constituency. He is also the president of the Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha since 26 September 2020
Tejasvi Surya Biography/Wiki
|Tejasvi Surya Real Name||Lakya Suryanarayan Tejasvi|
|Nick Name||Tejasvi Surya|
|Political Party||Bharatiya Janata Party|
|Tejasvi Surya’s Height||In Centimeter- 175 cm|
In Meter- 1.75 meter
In feet- 5’9 Feet
|Weight||In Kilogram- 72kg |
In Pound- 158 lbs
|Date of birth||16 November 1990|
|Tejasvi Surya Age (2021)||31 Years|
|Birthplace||Chikkamagaluru, Karnataka, India|
|Home town||Banglore, Karnataka, India|
|School||Sri Kumaran Children Home, Bangalore, India|
|College/university||National College Jayanagar, Bangalore, India|
Bangalore Institute Of Legal Studies, Bangalore, India.
|Tejasvi Surya’s Girlfriend||N/A|
Mother– Rama Suryanarayana
|Tejasvi Surya’s Net worth||2.2 Million USD|
Family & Childhood
Tejasvi Surya was born on 16 November 1990 in Chikmagalur, Karnataka in a Brahmin family. Tejaswi Surya’s father’s name is Suryanarayana. Tejasvi Surya’s mother’s name is Rama. Tejasvi Surya’s full name is Lakya Suryanarayan Tejasvi
Early Life and Education
Tejashwi Surya has completed his early education from Shri Kumaran Children’s Home. After this Tejashwi Surya has obtained a bachelor’s degree from National College, Jayanagar. Tejashwi Surya has completed his law studies from the Institute of Legal Studies, Bangalore.
After completing his law studies, Tejashwi Surya started practicing in the High Court of Karnataka. He still practices there. Tejashwi Surya is also a member of the National Social Media Campaign team.
Tejasvi Surya Career
Tejashwi Surya has so far held different positions in Bharatiya Janata Yuva Morcha and Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad. He is also associated with RSS. Apart from this, Tejashwi Surya is the founder and president of Arise India. Arise India is an NGO that prepares youth to become leaders. In 2017, Tejashwi Surya was selected by the British High Commission to participate in a youth leadership program in the UK.
Tejashwi Surya’s political mentor Ananth Kumar had been winning from Bangalore South seat since 1996. After the death of Ananth Kumar, in the 2019 Lok Sabha elections, BJP gave ticket to Tejashwi Surya in place of his wife Tejaswini. BJP surprised everyone by fielding 28-year-old Tejashwi Surya from such a coveted seat. But Tejashwi Surya did not disappoint the party. In the Lok Sabha elections, Tejashwi Surya registered a big victory by defeating veteran leader and Congress General Secretary BK Hariprasad by 3,31,192 votes. The echo of this victory of Tejashwi Surya was heard all over the country. Tejashwi Surya was made the National President of BJP Yuva Morcha on 26 September 2020.
Facts Of Tejasvi Surya
- Youngest Lok Sabha MP.
- A lawyer by training and profession, Surya has a deep interest in history, philosophy, science and civilisational studies. His lectures and articles on these issues are widely followed.
- Since being elected to office, Surya has consistently taken up the Urban Mobility Crisis in Bengaluru and has worked on getting speedy clearances for big-ticket public transport solutions for Bengaluru.
- Established an NGO named Arise India in 2008.
- At the age of 9, his paintings were sold by the school and donated to the Army Kargil Relief Fund.
- At the age of 11, he was awarded the National Balshree Award.
- In 2014 too, Surya was very popular and had held several rallies in Pune, Chennai and Mumbai. Tejashwi Surya has a good hold on social media.
- Tejashwi Surya has more than 625k followers on Facebook and more than 968k followers on Twitter.
- Tejashwi Surya took oath as MP on 17 June 2019 in Kannada language. Apart from this, in June 2019, Tejashwi recommended the central government to include the local language in the recruitment of banks.
- Referring to the increasing number of illegal Bangladeshi refugees in the state, Tejashwi had requested Union Home Minister Amit Shah to bring Karnataka also under the ambit of NRC.
- As an MP, Tejashwi Surya had demanded the Union Health Ministry to ban electronics nicotine delivery systems (ENDS) including e-cigarettes.
- To save people from the havoc of Corona, Tejashwi formed the Corona Virus Task Force in his parliamentary constituency South Bengaluru, under which many help was provided to the people including essential items, emergency medicines.
- FabIndia Matter- Tejasvi Surya has objected to an ad campaign by apparel brand Fabindia calling Diwali “Jashn-e-Riwaaz”. Tejasvi Surya also said that Fabindia “must face economic costs for such deliberate misadventures”.”Deepavali is not Jashn-e-Riwaaz. This deliberate attempt of abrahamisation of Hindu festivals, depicting models without traditional Hindu attires, must be called out,” Surya tweeted.