Twinkle Khanna, also known as Tina Jatin Khanna is a well-known author, newspaper columnist, interior designer, film producer and a former film actress. She made her acting debut with film Barsaat. She continued to act after her debut till 2000 but later she quit acting. She even started producing movies like Patiala house, Khiladi 786 and Thank you. She also wrote books like Mrs Funnybones and The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad which sold over lakhs of copies. She then produced film Padman with R. Balki.
Twinkle Khanna Bio/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Tina Jatin Khanna|
|Profession||Actress, Author, Interior Designer|
|Debut Movie||Barsaat– 1995|
|Twinkle Khanna Height||In Centimetre- 163 cm|
In Metre- 1.63 m
In Feet- 5’4”
|Twinkle Khanna Weight||In Kilogram- 57 kg.|
In Pound- 126 lbs
|Date Of Birth||29 December 1974|
|Twinkle Khanna Age (2021)||47 Years|
|Birthplace||Pune, Maharashtra, India|
|Home town||Mumbai, India|
|School||New Era High School, Panchgani, Maharashtra|
|Hobbies||Writing, Yoga, Travelling|
|Twinkle Khanna Husband||Akshay Kumar|
|Marriage Date||14 January 2001|
|Children||Son- Aarav Kumar (Born On 2002)|
Daughter- NitaraKumar (Born On 2012)
|Parents||Father- Rajesh Khanna|
Mother- Dimple Kapadia
Sister- Rinke Khanna
|Net worth (2021)||30 Million USD|
Twinkle Khanna Personal Life
Twinkle Khanna was born on 29 December 1974 in Pune, Maharashtra. Twinkle Khanna is the daughter of the first superstar of Hindi cinema Rajesh Khanna and the hit actress Dimple Kapadia of the 70-80s. Twinkle also has a sister named Rinke Khanna.
Twinkle Khanna is married to Hindi cinema superstar Akshay Kumar, both of them met during a photoshoot of Filmfare magazine. The two tied the knot on January 17, 2001, Akshay credits his success in Hindi cinema to his wife Twinkle Khanna. Twinkle is currently the mother of two children Aarav and Nitara.
Twinkle Khanna Career
As An Actress
- Twinkle Khanna started her career in the year 1995 with the film Barsaat opposite Bobby Deol, the film proved to be a big hit at the box office. Twinkle was awarded the Filmfare Debut Best Actress Award for her debut film.
- Twinkle worked in many films in her career, but no film could show anything special at the box-office. During her film career, Twinkle also did two films with her husband Akshay Kumar, International Khiladi and Zulmi, both of which failed miserably at the box-office.
- Along with this, Twinkle has worked with all the three Khans of Bollywood in her short acting career, Twinkle worked with Salman in the film Jab Pyaar Kisi Ke Saath Hota Hai, the film Badshah with Shahrukh Khan and the film Mela with Aamir Khan. has done.
- After the year 2001, she almost stopped acting in films. In 2001, she played the character of Anjali in Love Ke Liye Kuch Bhi Karega.
As A Producer
- In the year 2011, she started a production house called Grazing Goat Pictures and from here started a new journey as a producer.
- As a co-producer, she has produced Tees Maar Khan (2011), Patiala House (2011), Khiladi 786 (2013), Holiday: A Soldier Is Never Off Duty (2014) and Pad Man (2018).
As An Author
- In 2015, Twinkle launched her first book titled Mrs Funnybones, published by Penguin India. Mrs Funnybones sold over one lakh copies making Twinkle Khanna India’s highest-selling female writer of 2015.
- Her second book The Legend of Lakshmi Prasad, a collection of four short stories, launched in November 2016 sold more than 100,000 copies.
- Her latest book, Pyjamas Are Forgiving was released in September 2018 and has made her the highest-selling female author in India in the year 2018, according to Nielsen BookScan India.
Some Facts About Twinkle Khanna
- She is an interior designer, newspaper columnist, film producer, author and former film actress.
- One of the interesting facts about Twinkle is that she has the privilege of being born on the same day as dad. Twinkle considers himself very lucky to share her birthday with her father.
- Twinkle Khanna has managed to work with almost all leading superstars. But very few would know that the popular role of Tina in Karan Johar’s film Kuch Kuch Hota Hai was initially offered to Twinkle Khanna. In fact Karan wrote it keeping Twinkle in mind, but it eventually went to Rani Mukerji after Twinkle rejected it.
- In 2009, People magazine listed her as the 4th best dressed celebrity in India.
- Twinkle recently did the interiors for Rani Mukerji’s new house.