Varun Gandhi is an Indian politician and a third-term member of Parliament for Lok Sabha from the Pilibhit constituency. He is also a member of the Bharatiya Janata Party
Varun Gandhi Biography
|Real Name||Varun Gandhi|
|Varun Gandhi’s Height||In centimeter-175 cm|
In Meters – 1.75m
In feet & inches -5’9 feet
|Weight||In Kilogram-72 kg|
In Pound- 158 lbs
|Date of birth||13 March 1980|
|Varun Gandhi Age (2021)||41 Years|
|Birthplace||New Delhi, India|
|Home town||New Delhi, India|
|School||Rishi Valley School, New Delhi|
The British School, New Delhi
|College/university||SOAS, University of London, London School Of Economics & Political Science.|
|Hobbies||Writing Blogs & Poems|
|Varun Gandhi Wife||Yamini Roy Chowdhury|
|Parents||Father- Sanjay Gandhi|
Mother- Maneka Gandhi.
|Children’s||Aadya Priyadarshani Gandhi|
|Varun Gandhi’s Net worth||33.92 Crore INR|
Family, and Childhood
Varun Gandhi was born on 13 March 1980 in Delhi. His father Sanjay Gandhi died when he was only 3 months old.
Varun’s mother’s name is Maneka Gandhi and she is also a part of Indian politics.
Varun Gandhi’s wife’s name is Yamini Roy Chowdhury. Yamini is a Graphic Designer by profession. Varun Gandhi and Yamini Roy Chowdhury got married on 6 March 2011. The couple has a daughter named Anusuiya Gandhi.
Early Life and Education
- He started his education from Modern School, New Delhi. After the fourth grade, he studied at Rishi Valley School, Andhra Pradesh. He then moved to The British School, New Delhi for the UK Secondary Examination Board (GCSE) and A level examination.
- Varun was introduced to politics by his mother during the 1999 election campaign.
- In the 2004 elections, Varun was fielded by the BJP as a chief campaigner. In November 2004, he was included in the BJP’s national executive meeting.
- In the 15th Lok Sabha, the BJP fielded Varun Gandhi from the Pilibhit Lok Sabha seat in the 2009 general elections.
- He stood firmly in favor of the Jan Lokpal Bill in August 2011. Not only this, Varun offered to fast from his official bungalow when the government did not allow Anna Hazare to fast.
- When Hazare was jailed, Varun introduced the Jan Lokpal Bill in Parliament. He openly reached Ramlila Maidan as a common man to support this anti-corruption movement of Anna Hazare.
- In March 2013, Rajnath Singh appointed Varun Gandhi as the party’s national general secretary and he became the party’s youngest general secretary.
- In May 2013, he was made in-charge for the affairs of BJP in West Bengal.
- In May 2014, Gandhi defeated Amita Singh from Sultanpur in the Lok Sabha 2014 elections.
- He contested from the Pilibhit Lok Sabha seat in the 2019 general elections and became an MP for the third time in a row, winning by nearly 2,50,000 votes.
Facts Of Varun Gandhi
- Varun Gandhi, who read cultural and literary books, wrote his book ‘The Authenticity of Self’ at the age of 20, which was launched by many prominent leaders of the country.
- He writes poems as well as articles on national security and external relations.
- His other poems, titled Stillness, were published by HarperCollins in April 2015. The book became a bestselling non-fiction book.
- In 2018, he released his book on the Indian rural economy, titled The Rural Manifesto: Realizing India’s Future of India with Villages.
- According to the news published in a newspaper in August 2013, Varun Gandhi is the first such MP in the country, who has contributed 100 percent for the development works of education, health and basic activities before the scheduled time for the Member of Parliament Local Area Development Fund (MPLAD) spent.
- Varun Gandhi writes articles and policies for newspapers and magazines such as The Times of India, The Hindustan Times, The Economic Times, The Indian Express, The Asian Age, The Hindu, Outlook.
- BJP’s new national executive was announced for the assembly elections of 5 states to be held in the year 2022, but Varun Gandhi’s name did not figure anywhere in it.