Wriddhiman Saha is an Indian wicket-keeper batsman who plays for Bengal in domestic cricket. He is the first cricketer to score a century in the final of the IPL.
|Real Name/ Full Name||Wriddhiman Prasanta Saha|
|Nick Name||Papali, Pops|
|Height||5 feet 8 inch|
|Body Measurement||Chest- 38 inches|
Waist- 30 inches
Biceps- 12 inches
|Eye Color||Dark Brown|
|Born||24 October 1984|
|Age (As on 2021)||37 Years|
|Birth Place||Saktigarh, Siliguri, West Bengal, India|
|Home Towm||Saktigarh, Siliguri, West Bengal, India|
|School||Siliguri Boys Higher Secondary School|
|Hobbies||Traveling, Playing Video Games|
|Wife/Spouse||Debarati (Romi) Saha (2011)|
|Children||Avni (Born 2014)Baby Boy (Born- 6 March 2020)|
|Parents||Father- Prashanta Saha (State Electricity Board, WB)|
Mother- Maitrayee Saha
|Siblings||Anirban Saha (Elder)|
|Domestic||2007- to present Bengal|
2008-10 Kolkata Knight Riders
2011-13 Chennai Super KIngs
2014-17 Kings XI Punjab
2018- present Sunrisers Hyderabad
|International||Test Debut- 9 Feb. 2010 vs South Africa|
ODI Debut- 28 Nov. 2010 vs New Zealand.
|Batting Style||Right Handed Batsman|
|Bowling Style||Right Arm|
|Jersey Number||#6 (India) #6 ( Domestic)|
|Coach/ Mentor||Jayanta Bhowmik.|
|Team||India, East Zone, India A, India Blue, Indian Board Presidents XI, India Red, Rest of India, Kolkata Knight Riders, Punjab Kings, Chennai Super Kings, Bengal, Sunrisers Hyderabad, Indians,|
|Net worth||$ 3 million|
|IPL Auction Money||Kolkata Knight Riders |
2008- 12 Lakh
2009- 12 Lakh
2010- 12 Lakh
2012- 46 Lakh
2013- 46 Lakh
Chennai Super Kings
2014- 2.20 Crore
2015- 2.20 Crore
2016- 2.20 Crore
2017- 2.20 Crore
2018- 5 Crore
2019- 1.20 Crore
2020- 1.20 Crore
2021– 1.20 Crore
Facts About Wriddhiman Saha
- The way Wriddhiman Saha started his domestic cricket was quite disappointing as he did not get a chance to play in the first match and was dismissed for zero in the second match.
- Wriddhiman Saha first Ranji match was very memorable in which he scored a century. After scoring this century, he became the 15th player from Bengal to score a hundred in his first match.
- He played his international test match against South Africa. In these matches, Wriddhiman Saha was replaced by Dinesh Kartik as a reserve wicket-keeper. On 6 February 2010 he got a chance to play the match. He scored nothing in the first match and scored 36 runs in the second match.
- After scoring a century in the final match of the 2014 IPL, he was selected for the ODI series in Bangladesh but failed to make an impact, but became the player to take the most catches in this series. Saha scored only 46 runs in 9 matches in his ODI career. After this Saha was thrown out and Saha failed to return again.
- Wriddhiman Saha played for Kolkata Knight Riders in the first 3 editions of IPL and played for Chennai Super Kings in the subsequent 2 editions. In 2014, he played for Kings XI Punjab, where he scored an unbeaten 115 in just 55 balls in the final match.
- Currently playing for Sunrisers Hyderabad
- Another interesting thing about Saha is that he dreamed of becoming a Formula One driver since childhood. But his dream could not be fulfilled due to financial problems. During his college days, Saha started concentrating more on cricket than studies. In such a situation, he also left his graduation in the middle so that he could become a better cricketer.
- Saha started off as a fast bowler. When he used to play with a tennis ball, he used to bowl fast. Saha started wicketkeeping when he started playing with leather balls.
- Wriddhiman Saha’s father Prashant also used to play football and cricket. But he could not take his career much longer and later got a job in the electricity department.
- Wriddhiman Saha is married and their love story is quite interesting. Saha’s first friendship with his wife Romi was through Orkut. Then both of them dated for four years and finally married in 2011. Saha kept his wedding very private and invited only close people to the party.
- Saha is the only cricketer in the history of IPL who has scored a century in the final match. Playing for Kings XI Punjab against KKR in the 2014 IPL final, Saha scored 115 runs in 55 balls, which included 10 fours and 8 sixes.
- In 2017, Saha became the first Indian wicket-keeper to score a century in the country as well as outside Asia.