Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy is an Indian politician. He is from Andhra Pradesh and leader of the YSR Congress Party and Andhra Pradesh Legislative Assembly. He has a political background. He is the son of former Chief Minister of Andhra Pradesh, Y. S. Rajasekhara Reddy.
Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy Bio/Wiki
|Real Name/Full Name||Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy|
|Political Party||Yuvajana Sramika Rythu Congress Party|
|Height||In Centimetre- 185 cm|
In Metre- 1.85 m
In Feet- 6’1”
|Weight||In Kilogram- 70 kg |
In Pound- 154 lbs
|Date Of Birth||21 December 1972|
|Y.S.Jagan Mohan Reddy Age (2022)||50 Years|
|Birthplace||Pulivendula Village Of Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh|
|Home town||Kadapa District, Andhra Pradesh|
|School||Hyderabad Public School|
|College/University||Nizam College, Hyderabad|
|Y.S.Jagan Mohan Reddy Wife||YS Bharati|
|Marriage Date||28 August 1996|
Daughter- Varsha Reddy, Harsha Reddy
|Parents||Father- Y.S. Rajasekhara Reddy|
Mother- Y.S. Vijayamma
|Sibling||Sister- YS Sharmila Reddy |
|Net worth (2021)||510 Corre INR|
Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy Family & Wife
Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy was born on 21 December 1972 in the Cuddapah district of Andhra Pradesh. His full name is Yeduguri Sandinti Jaganmohan Reddy. His mother YS Vijayamma and father YS Rajasekhara Reddy are well-known political figures in Andhra Pradesh.
Jaganmohan Reddy tied the knot with Bharathi Reddy on 28 August 1996. Jaganmohan and Bharathi Reddy have two daughters. At the same time, his sister YS Sharmila Reddy is also a famous political figure.
Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy Early Life and Education
Jaganmohan Reddy completed his schooling in Hyderabad. After which he obtained a bachelor’s degree in commerce.
Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy was a small businessman. Jagan started his business in 1999-2000 by setting up a small power company Sandur in neighboring Karnataka and then expanding it to the northeastern states.
Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy Career
Jagan’s political ambitions first came to light in 2004. He had tried to become an MP from Cuddapah but the Congress high command buried his desire there. After this, he had to wait till 2009 to fulfill his dream and finally he entered politics by winning the Cuddapah seat as a Congress candidate.
But after the death of his father in a helicopter crash in 2009, everything changed for him. Reddy also met Sonia Gandhi to become the Chief Minister but his talk did not materialize.
After the death of his father, he was not allowed to take out a tribute march in the state.
The situation became such that 170 out of 177 MLAs gave their support to him. Despite this, Congress ignored everything and made Rosaiah the new Chief Minister of the state.
Angered by this decision, Reddy broke away from Congress and announced the formation of a new party. After separating from the Congress party, he founded the YSR Congress Party and he formed this party in 2011. The full name of this party is Yuvajan Shramika Rythu Congress.
In the 2014 assembly elections, his party could get only 67 out of 175 seats.
In the 2019 national and state elections held in April and May, the YSR Congress Party won the elections and won 151 out of 175 assembly seats and 22 out of 25 Lok Sabha seats in Andhra Pradesh. Y S Jagan Mohan Reddy took oath as Chief Minister on 30 May 2019. Many important schemes were started in the state during his tenure.
Some Facts About Y.S. Jagan Mohan Reddy
- YS Jagan Mohan Reddy, popularly known as Jagan Reddy, has emerged after an epic electoral win, vanquishing his rivals to claim the top seat in Andhra Pradesh.
- After YSR was tragically killed in a helicopter crash, Jagan won the Lok Sabha seat in 2009 from Kadapa and succeeded him as chief minister.
- Jagan had faced a series of corruption charges. He was arrested and jailed in 2012 and spent a total of 16 months in prison before being released on bail, just a few months before the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
- In the same year, the YSRCP won 67 seats in the Assembly.
- He lost out to Chandrababu Naidu in the 2014 general elections who had tied up with actor Pawan Kalyan.
- Jagan refused to admit defeat and geared up for another fight with a record ‘padayatra’, which stretched for 14 months and ended in January 2019. He traveled through all the districts of Andhra Pradesh talking to, shaking hands with, and mingling with people.
- He finally came into power after the 2019 elections defeating 69-year-old Chandrababu Naidu who had ties with the NDA government.
- The YSRCP got a majority in the 175-member strong Assembly.