Zaira Wasim is a former Indian film actress of Kashmiri origin. Who said goodbye to Hindi cinema very soon. SHe won everyone’s heart with her excellent performance in her very short Bollywood journey. Zaira has been honored with the Filmfare Award as well as the National Film Award and the National Children’s Award for Exceptional Achievement at the hands of the President in 2017.
Zaira Wasim Bio/Wiki
|Real Name||Zaira Wasim|
|Zaira Wasim’s Height||In centimeter- 155|
In Meters – 1.55
In feet & inches – 5’1
In Pound- 110 Ibs
|Date of Birth||23 October 2000|
|Zaira Wasim Age||21 Years|
|Birthplace||Hawal, Downtown, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India|
|Home town||Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India|
|School||St. Paul’s International Academy, Sonwar, Srinagar, Jammu & Kashmir, India.|
Jammu’s Heritage School, Jammu & Kashmir, India.
|Hobbies||Listening Songs, Reading.|
|Zaira Wasim’s Boyfriend||N/A|
|Parents||Father- Zahir Wasim|
Mother- Zarqa Wasim
|Sibling||Brother- Zoraiz Wasim|
Zaira Wasim Movies
Family, Childhood & Education
Zaira Wasim was born in a Muslim family of Kashmir. Her father Zahid Wasim is working as an executive manager in Srinagar. So her mother Zarqa Wasim is a teacher there.
Zaira has completed her studies up to 10th from St. Paul’s International Academy, Sonar Bagh. She had secured 92 percent marks in class 10th. After this, due to coming into the world of acting, she is completing her studies through a distance mode.
Early Life and Education
Zaira has completed her studies up to 10th from St. Paul’s International Academy, Sonar Bagh. She had secured 92 percent marks in class 10th. After this, due to coming into the world of acting, she is completing her studies through a distance mode
Zaira Wasim started her career in the advertising world from a very young age. First in the year 2015, She acted in a mobile advertisement. After this, in the same year She signed the Nitesh Tiwari directorial and Aamir Khan starrer film Dangal. She played the character of wrestler Geeta Phogat in this film. The film, which released in 2016, earned a record break, and emerged as the best film of Bollywood. Zaira also made a lot of headlines from this film. Her character was also praised a lot. She was honored with many awards for the film Dangal.
After this again Zaira acted with Aamir in the film Secret Superstar. This film was also a huge hit, in this film Zaira played the role of a Muslim girl. Which was heart touching. Zaira was awarded the Filmfare Best Actress (Critics) Award for this film.
Facts Of Zaira Wasim
- Zaira Wasim is very shy. She rarely resembles people. This is the reason that despite becoming such a big star, her friend circle is very small.
- She had to cut her hair to play the role of Geeta Phogat, who was very dear to him. She cried bitterly when she saw her face for the first time after hair removal.
- Former actress Zaira Wasim, who won the National Award for her debut film ‘Dangal’, acted in only three films in her career.
- After the completion of the shooting of the film The Sky Is Pink, Zaira announced to leave the film industry.
- Zaira Wasim wrote on social media that she is not happy with her work as it is taking her away from her faith. She further wrote that due to becoming an actress, she is getting away from Islam. Because of this she is leaving the film industry.
- In the year 2017, Zaira Wasim was molested on a flight. This misbehavior happened on a flight going from Delhi to Mumbai, which was revealed by Zaira through a video. This video of Zaira immediately went viral.
Who threatened Zaira Wasim to Quit?
Zaira Wasim was very upset due to pressure from Islamic fundamentalists. Due to this pressure, she became mentally ill and was taking the help of medicines to recover from it. Now, kneeling in front of the fundamentalists, he announced to leave the film industry.